Friday, March 2, 2012

Same Great Heights

Previously, On Concrete Shelves
  • Seth informed Leia & Marina they’d be Co-Editors.
  • The shooter was revealed to be Cassie’s twin brother, Callum.
  • Clifton Briggs rigged the vote for Mayor.
  • Gillian explained to her father, Patrick, she was trying to save the family name...
[.....]
Photobucket
[.....]
Scene One:
Stone Creek; Now Town
HEAT Headquarters; Outside.
PhotobucketMarina Thurlow looked out at the February sky.
It was peculiarly lit up and it seemed as if the late February snow storm had decided not to come this year. Even though there were piles of snow on the floor, it still wasn’t as heavy a season like last year was. Maybe it was God’s way of apologizing for taking Isobel Cortez’s life.
She frowned. Or maybe it was a sign that since the weather was showing mercy, that her career as a Editor wouldn’t be as kind. Marina wrapped her coat tighter against her body as she stepped out onto the concrete sidewalk and headed towards the building her mother worked in.
But stopped short of the entrance when Natalie Marlowe came walking out. “Marina,” the woman greeted, pulling her to the side. 
There was an uneasiness in Natalie’s eyes that made Marina panic.
Immediately Marina flashed back to the other night when she was at Cuttlebone Lake and Ryan found her. She knew that Ryan was currently dating Natalie and even as she tried, Marina was jealous of the pairing. Especially since there was a time when she fought tooth and nail to keep them apart.
That was so long ago, Marina remembered spilling red wine on Natalie once. A thought that made her smile inside. “How are you Natalie?” She asked, not even wanting an answer. 
“Have you talked to Ryan recently?” Natalie asked.
Marina felt her heart drop. All she could think about was the two of them sharing a kiss underneath the stars. How could she tell Natalie that Ryan didn’t want to be with her anymore? Marian knew she couldn’t say that because that would mean that Ryan wanted to be with Marina.
She shook her head. “I haven’t. Sorry.”
Natalie looked her over, Marina was unsure if the other woman bought the lie or not. But she knew there was something in the way that Natalie departed that made Marina realize that Natalie knew the truth, deep down. She sighed, entering the building.
The kiss burning heavily in her mind. How could she have kissed Ryan knowing full well that Ian Kiefer was still in love with her? On some level, Marina was in love with Ian as well. But that kiss still tugged at her heart and every time she thought about it, Marina hated herself even more.
[.....]
Scene Two:
Stone Creek; Now Town
Thurlow Lumber Mill Building; James’ Office
PhotobucketGetting out of the elevator, Caitlyn Thurlow takes a deep breath. After she took Megan to see Kirsten at Alice’s Haven Cafe, Caitlyn thought it would be nice to swing by her husband’s office and bring him lunch. Maybe the two of them could even talk a little bit more about Frank Nelson and Lucy Hahn.
But she knew James wouldn’t say much, not to her.
Some times Caitlyn felt nothing more than a housewife. It wasn’t exactly like it was a bad view of her, but she longed for the days when she had a steady working job. Even is it was only as a secretary for James. She headed towards his office and leaned against Emily Roscoe’s desk.
“Is my husband in?” She asked, lifting the bag of food up.
Emily bit her lip. “He actually left a couple minutes ago Caitlyn. If you’d like I could page him or even leave him a message for you?” The younger woman went to retrieve a piece of paper and a pen and returned heavily interested in the reason Caitlyn was there.
But Caitlyn waved her off. “It’s alright.”
She sighed, upset that she had missed James. Caitlyn looked at Emily, who seemed troubled. “How are you doing? I haven’t been around to ask you that lately, at least I haven’t had the time to talk to you lately. Not like we used to when James stood at the office late.”
“I do miss your late night calls, Mrs. Thurlow.” Emily chimed with a  chuckle. “I’m doing alright, on most fronts. Bentley and I have decided to push our wedding date back to accommodate Miles and Greta.”
“I heard.” Caitlyn sat across from Emily and opened the bag of food, offering the younger woman lunch. “I know things like that are hard to take in and if you are angry about having to push back your wedding day. It is certainly understandable.”
PhotobucketEmily shook her head. “That’s not what bothers me.”
Caitlyn frowned.
“I have this really bad feeling that something is going on.” Emily leaned in, she looked around the room and then back at Caitlyn with a sigh. “I don’t know how to really explain it. But I feel this heavy weight whenever I’m around Bentley and his family.”
“Weight?” Caitlyn asked, she unwrapped her sandwich. “They’re not pressuring you into anything, are they Emily? I mean if they are, you can tell me.”
“No!” Emily corrected. “It isn’t them. No, the Wilkinson family has been so gracious to me. Which is the reason why I’m scared of this weight. I don’t know what it is, I just feel a horrible presence when I’m around them. Like something bad is going to happen. Something just keeps telling me not to hold off on marrying Bentley.”
The fear in Emily’s eyes was evident. But Caitlyn still didn’t know what to make of it. Instead she leaned back in her chair and thought for a moment. What could it be that Emily is fearing? Could it be resentment towards Greta and Miles? It sounded obscured but it made sense.
“Well, just remember that everyone is on your side. You’re never alone Emily, so keep your chin up and keep your mind straight ahead on that wedding of yours. I bet it’s going to be glorious.” Caitlyn forced a smile. “Have you planned the event yet?”
Emily nodded her head, she pulled out her phone to show Caitlyn the dresses she was choosing from.
[.....]
Scene Three:
Stone Creek; Now Town
Stone Creek Police Station; Outside Holding Cells
PhotobucketJames Thurlow walked down the stairs to greet Gideon Wilkinson and Cassie Lakhani. It had been about thirty minutes since he got the call from Gideon that Cassie was ready to see her brother and he asked the two to wait for him. So that she could have someone familiar by her side.
Although he knew there couldn’t be anyone more familiar than her brother, James felt that it was his duty to comfort the younger woman. As being the only father figured she had in the last couple years. Especially after leaving Wolf’s Point.
He shook Gideon’s hand and rubbed Cassie’s shoulder’s. “How are we feeling?”
“I don’t know.” Cassie admitted, she shrugged. “I really don’t know if I want to see him in this state. He’s my brother James, after everything we have been through-” She wiped her eyes and rubbed her hands together. “We have had a sorted past, but I still love him.”
“I understand.” James replied, he pulled her into a hug. “But you need to do this. If not for yourself, then you need to do it for Callum. I don’t know if he understands what he did, but he needs someone familiar there for him right now. Maybe to even get a reason as to why he did it.”
James gets Cassie to agree, and while they are in the middle of a hug, he signals for Gideon to open the gate. The clanking of metal keys unlocking the doors caused Cassie to shutter. 
To think before all of this, her biggest problem was wether or not she wanted to be with Clifton Briggs and raise their son together. Cassie felt like the decision was already made up in her mind. She knew that Clifton would protect her from any harm that came her way.
But was her brother harmful now? Locked up in the Police Station. “He wouldn’t try to kill me.”
The two men stopped in their tracks, looking back at Cassie who shook her head.
“Callum wouldn’t try to kill me, I mean we had our disagreements but death? How could he even think of something like that?” Cassie asked, she sniffled. “Someone else is apart of this James. Someone else had to put these ideas in Callum’s mind!”
“We need to figure that out.” Gideon acknowledged. “But first we need you to be there for him.”
James extended his hand for Cassie to take it. “We are all here for you Cassie. But we need you to figure out why Callum tried to kill Miles Fowler. Whoever is behind the incident is the person we want behind bars. So please help us find out who that is.”
“Okay.” She nodded, taking his hand.
The walk to her brother’s cell seemed endless and at a couple instances she wanted to just turn away. But Cassie knew that both men were right. She needed to be there for her brother and if there was someone feeding Callum these idea’s of killing Miles- she needed to figure out who.
“Cassie.” Callum gasped, scampering to the cell bars. He looked at his twin sister with wide-eyes. “Oh, Cassie! I’m glad that you’re alright. I’m glad that you’re here. I’ve missed you!”
In that moment, she didn’t know wether to step closer to Callum Lakhani, or throw-up.
Photobucket
Scene Four:
Cuttlebone County; Outside Stone Creek
Wallingford Springs Institution; Outside Catalina Cortez’s Room
Taking a moment to find herself again, Penelope Wilkinson sat on a bench and sighed. She had been coming to see Catalina Cortez for awhile now. Although she hadn’t been able to make it a weekly trip like she promised, especially because of her chemo. 
PhotobucketShe did try to come see the woman.
After everything they had been through together, although short. She felt like she had a responsibility towards Catalina. Like she was a daughter she never had. A daughter that put a gun to her head out of anger, but still a daughter. Some days Penelope didn’t know if she did the right thing.
By giving Catalina the option of pleading insanity and coming to Wallingford Springs instead of going to prison. She didn’t know which would have been worse for the younger woman. Both being her wasting her life in confinement. But she knew by coming to see her, she was doing some good.
A tear fell from Penelope’s eye, she had hoped to do more for the young woman. 
“Penelope?” A voice asked, she wiped away the tear and spun around. “I thought that was you! What are you doing here at Wallingford Springs? Did something happen?”
Jeremy Joplin was a man that Penelope knew very well. At one point in her life he was a man she had avoided being alone in a room with. How time had flown by without even having a brief conversation with him, but now he was standing in front of her.
“I’m fine.” She brushed it off.
“Clearly you’re not.” Jeremy replied, taking a seat next to her.
She sighed, looking at him and trying to smile. “Just visiting a friend.”
“You have friends here?”
Penelope chuckled. “You know me, the craziest woman in Stone Creek. Who else would I hang out with but a couple of crazy people like myself. But I must ask, why are you here Jeremy? Didn’t think you ever left Stone Creek Memorial, even on your days off.”
“I get around.” Jeremy smirked. “I was visiting an old patient of mine. I haven’t really been practicing as much since I became the Chief of Staff. So whenever I have time on my hands I come see him and see how he is doing. People here, they don’t just stop existing once their transplanted from the real world, you know.”
Penelope thought about Catalina and how true that statement was. “I think about that every day.”
[.....]
Scene Five:
Stone Creek; Now Town
HEAT Headquarters; Helen Schmidt’s Office
PhotobucketWalking around her Office, Helen Schmidt felt honored that her daughter was coming to her with a problem. The last time she had spent any quality time with Marina, it was a long time ago. Quite frankly, she didn’t actually remember when she did.
But to have Marina come to her because she wanted to sabotage someone else. Helen felt even more honored. She chuckled, humored by the outcome. How had it taken this long for one of her children to start taking her advice, Although Helen thought it would have been Kirsten who did so. She was, after all, the most like herself.
“How do I make Leia quit?” Marina asked, watching her mother move.
Helen smirked, she always thought of Marina as the fragile one. Too soft to do any harm to anyone else. “We need to get your hands dirty. We need to use Leia against herself, there’s obviously a reason why she came back to Stone Creek. You said it yourself, she was already on her way here when Seth Keeler offered her the position.”
“Yeah, so?”
“So, dear child of mine.” Helen spat. “That means she was running from something. Nobody leaves this tragic place and comes running back because they missed it.”
Marina frowned. “Why are you still here?”
“Please,” Helen replied, she sighed and stepped closer to Marina and closed the gap between the two. “If there was a way I could leave Stone Creek and not find men worth conquering then I would be gone. But I’m already established here, my career and my life both.”
Her daughter folded her arms. “Your children hate you-”
“You’re here.” Helen snapped with a devious smile.
Marina shrugged. “You’re getting divorced.”
“That I am.”
Taking a moment to recover from the mess of her mother’s life. Marina Thurlow looked out the window. Although she wanted to get Leia Barsky to quit her job as Co-Editor, she didn’t want to get into her personal life. There had to be another way besides dragging out her dirty laundry.
“There has to be another way.” Marina spoke up, looking back at her mother. “There has to be another way to get Leia to quit without getting into her past.”
“How’s that boyfriend of yours, Ian?”
Marina turned away from her mother. Looking out at the city. The miraculous view of Stone Creek from her mother’s Office was enough for her to want to be sitting at her mother's desk everyday. It was something that could happen for her one day, if only Leia wasn’t working with her.
She turned back to her mother. “What do we have to do?”
[.....]
Scene Six:
Stone Creek; Sage Gardens
Shenanigan’s Nightclub; First Level
Photobucket“We need a couple more bottles of vodka.” Clifton Briggs told his bartender, who acknowledged the problem and headed to the cellar to retrieve the bottles. 
This gave Clifton enough time to check the rest of the bar’s contents and walk around the dance floor, inspecting the place before they opened their doors for the night. He thought back to when he had befriended Cassie Lakhani after realizing that they were in danger.
He smiled at how innocent she was.
There was something about her that made Clifton want to protect her. It had been that way since he first visited her home and she accused him of rape. Back then, it was so easy to protect her because she trusted him and now he had to bully her into his protection.
Had it been the right thing to do? Clifton sighed.
“Having a moment?” Ryan Bauer asked, as he slipped through the entrance doors and stood before Clifton Briggs.
The older man straightened himself out, looked at Ryan with confusion. “I don’t know who you are, but the bar’s closed right now. You’ll have to come back when we’re open.”
Ryan smirked. “Don’t know who I am?”
“No, I’m afraid not. But like I said,” Clifton stepped towards Ryan, “the bar’s closed. Come back later tonight when it’s open and maybe we can share a bottle.”
PhotobucketAs Clifton brushed past Ryan to walk him out of the club, the younger man grabbed his arm and spun Clifton around. “I’m afraid that I cannot come back later Mr. Briggs, we’ve got something very important to talk about and quite honestly, I think you need to hear it.”
Both men turned to see Clifton’s bartender arrive with a box of vodka, lifted it onto the bar and then turned to them, confused. “I didn’t know you were having a meeting, Mr. Briggs. Would you like me to give you sometime?”
Clifton nodded, then turned back to Ryan. “What do you want?”
“I know you helped Damien Crenshaw win the election.” Ryan explained. “What I don’t know is how you did that and that’s an answer I would love to hear.”
“Now I know who you are. What’s the matter? Is Patrick Sutton angry that the people of Stone Creek picked Damien to be their Mayor? That must have hurt his ego.” Clifton replied, he pulled away from Ryan’s grip and found himself leaning against the bar. “Listen, little side-kick I don’t need any of your idle threats.”
“I’ve got proof that you made a deal with Damien.”
“You’re playing with fire.” Clifton snipped.
Ryan shrugged. “I’ve played with it many times before. Listen, I understand that Damien Crenshaw has been promising you things that he has yet to deliver. Just know that if you wanted to switch side’s, Patrick Sutton would be willing to negotiate with you.”
Clifton took a moment to think about it. 
“Get a hold of me when you want to talk.” Ryan smirked, handing him a card and turning on his heel. “There are better ways to get what you want.”
[.....]
Scene Seven:
Stone Creek; Now Town
Thurlow Lumber Mill Building; Outside
After talking to Emily Roscoe, Caitlyn Thurlow can’t shake the fact that the girl was completely petrified. But she knew that in most instances when your mind is afraid, it has nothing to do with any immediate danger. She sighed, exiting the building and running straight into her ex. husband.
“Damien,” Caitlyn sighed, moving out of his way.
PhotobucketDamien Crenshaw smirked. “It’s nice to see you today, Caitlyn.”
“Why are you following me?” 
It was becoming more habit that Caitlyn was running into her ex. husband and for the most part, the main reason she was having more headaches than before. She folded her arms. “You know I could put the restraining order against you and you wouldn’t be able to do this.”
“You look sad.” Damien acknowledged.
Caitlyn turned away, but the wind pushed her hair into her face. This caused her to look back at Damien in annoyance. “I don’t look anything.”
“I know when you’re sad, your bottom lip grows and your eyes,” He stopped himself, lifting his hand to her face but Caitlyn slapped it away. “Your eyes they sink.”
She looked down at the ground, trying to keep her expression from giving away her feelings. “You’re not in-charge of how I feel anymore Damien. You don’t get to comfort me like you used to, alright? I really just want you to leave me alone.”
“Does this have anything to do with Danielle?”
“No,” Caitlyn shook her head. “I’ve finally made peace with my daughter’s death Damien. I still don’t understand how you could find it in yourself to lie about her still being alive. But I simply do not care anymore and I think it’s time that you’ve gotten over Danielle as well.”
“She was our daughter Caitlyn.”
Caitlyn shook her head, a tear in her eyes. “Yeah, she was. But she is gone now and the sooner you accept that, the happier you will be with Gillian Sutton. Now, leave me alone.” She insisted, turning away from Damien and making her way towards her car.
[.....]
Scene Eight:
507 Auburn Rd., Stone Creek. “Wilkinson Cottage”
Gideon, Daphne & Penelope’s Home
PhotobucketBentley Wilkinson placed the keys on the counter as he made his way into the Kitchen. “So, let me get this straight woman. You go in to see Catalina Cortez and come out with a man’s number? And to think I thought my grandmother didn’t have it in her anymore.”
“One,” Penelope Wilkinson spoke, following suit. “Don’t ever call a woman, woman. Does that sort of thing make Emily feel better about herself? Because quite honestly that makes me feel less of a human being. I have a name, use it.”
“Sorry.” Bentley quipped, he opened the fridge.
Penelope looked at him, raising an eyebrow. “I asked you to take me to see Catalina, not to go shopping in our fridge for your dinner.” 
Then she chuckled. “Your father brought home a couple pounds of meat and put it in the freezer, I won’t tell you if won’t. Which brings me to Jeremy Joplin, there’s a huge past with that man and I don’t want you bringing his name up around your father.”
“Who’s name?” Greta Wilkinson asked, walking into the Kitchen.
“Do you people just gravitate towards this house during lunch time?” Penelope quipped.
“I’m sure Greta doesn’t like being referred to as ‘people’ grandmother, it makes her feel less human.” Bentley mocked, sticking his tongue out. Which Greta greeted with a confused look. “Grandma found you a new grandpa.” Bentley snickered.
Greta sat at the counter. “I have no idea what you two are talking about.”
“Jeremy Joplin.”
“The chief of staff?” Greta asked. “Are you sure you should be dating someone else, Grandma? I mean no disrespect but you’re still married to Grandpa Grady. I know you haven’t been by to see him at the retirement home and I don’t mean to pry. But you’re still married.”
Penelope’s face grew grim. “I’m not dating anybody, damn it!”
“Whoa,” Bentley mouthed, watching Penelope storm out of the room. He looked at his sister who seemed to have broken her own heart. “Don’t be sad about what you said Greta. It’s true, they’re still married. But she’s having a hard time with his Alzheimer's.”
Greta brushed it off. “Change the subject?”
“Emily is moving in with me.” Bentley spoke.
His sister smiled. “Congratulations.”
[.....]
Scene Nine:
2634 W. Parker St., Stone Creek. Callahan Condos #15
Marina, Cassie & Lucian’s Condo
“Ian?” Marina Thurlow greeted, she let her boyfriend into the home and lingered by the door. It had been awhile since she actually spent any time with Ian Kiefer. Mostly because she had wanted to deal with her job first and then her relationship with Ian.
There seemed to be this distance between them lately and Marina argued with herself that maybe the spark that they once shared was wearing thin. She tried to smile, “What are you doing here?”
PhotobucketHe turned to Marina. “Just wanted to visit my girlfriend. I had an early shift at the Vet Hospital and figured I’d come see you afterwards. So here I am, are you busy?”
“Sort of.” She closed the door and moved past him. She had been putting together a project that would help her get Leia Barsky fired from the newspaper. But Marina knew she couldn’t tell Ian that. He would just load into her about making rash decisions.
“What’s it about?”
“Nothing.” Marina snipped. “Maybe you should go?”
Ian shuffled around. “Why have you been so distant lately?”
“I’ve just been busy, you understand.”
“I understand why the puppy I bought you ran away!” Ian quipped.
Marina sighed heavily, she looked at Ian. “He didn’t run away, Ian. I didn’t know how to tell you that I gave him away to someone else because I knew it meant a lot to you. But I’m not a dog person, I can barely take care of myself so I told you he ran away.”
“You lied to me?”
“I just didn’t want to hurt you.” Marina responded.
Ian shook his head. “Spare my feelings next time.”
Marina cursed herself as she watched Ian turn away and leave the apartment. She knew that when the truth came out, it would probably anger Ian. But in that moment she couldn’t find the means to care. There was just too much other things that seemed more important than arguing with Ian.
[.....]
Scene Ten:
1509 Mango Ln., Stone Creek. “Briggs Home”
Clifton Briggs’ Home
When he opened the door, he never thought that he would see Cassie Lakhani on the other end. But there she was, standing before him with their son on her hip and a couple bags at her feet. “What’s going on Cassie? I didn’t think you would be here.”
PhotobucketShe frowned. “I didn’t think I would be here either.”
“Come in?” He asked, moving out of her way and watching as she walked inside his home. He made sure that he gathered her bags that she left on the door step. A small smile evaded his otherwise emotionless face. “I hadn’t really prepared anything for dinner. I was at Shenanigan’s helping them open earlier.”
Cassie turned to Clifton. “My brother was the one who put Miles in a coma.”
“I didn’t even know you had a brother.”
Clifton helped Cassie settle into the Living Room and went to grab a couple glasses of cocoa. There had been a couple boxes left in the Kitchen from when Audrey left him about a  year ago. He had hoped that Cocoa didn’t expire, since he didn’t find the need to buy it.
He thought back to what Cassie said. If her brother was the one that shot Miles Fowler. Then that meant he was also the one that shot Cassie. Clifton frowned, she must have been going through hell and here Clifton was bullying her into marrying him.
“Lucian is already asleep on the ground.” Cassie spoke, entering the Kitchen. “I don’t know which room you usually put him in when he spends the night, so I really didn’t even bother. Is that Cocoa?”
Clifton nodded. “I usually put him in a crib in my room.”
“Oh.”
He handed her a cup. “If you want we can set up a room for yourself and Lucian tonight. I have a couple spare rooms just in case I have guests over. Cassie, about what I’ve said before about marrying m-”
“Do we have to talk ab-”
“Let me finish.” He asked, taking a sip of the Cocoa and then looking at her. “I don’t want to pressure you into anything. I know I’ve been a horrible friend lately and that we agreed to raise Lucian together. It’s just when I saw you getting closer to Mac, I was sort of jealous.”
Cassie placed her cup down. “Mac and I are over.”
“I don’t want you to do anything you don’t want to.” Clifton seethed as the younger woman stepped closer to him. She placed her hand on his shoulder and closed her eyes, leaning into Clifton and kissing him on the lips. “Mac can’t protect Lucian the way I know you can.”
Clifton pulled away. “So this is about Lucian?”
“I don’t know what it’s about.”
“We need to set guidelines Cassie. This thing between us, if we are going to be looking out for Lucian then maybe we shouldn't have an intimate relationship. I have strong feelings towards you, but mostly I just want to make sure that you and my son are safe.”
Cassie nodded. “Alright, to keeping Lucian safe.”
She raised her cup, slightly relieved but mostly feeling safe in Clifton’s home. The two adults chuckled as they made a promise to one another. To keep Lucian safe.
[.....]
Scene Eleven:
Stone Creek; Now Town
Sutton Enterprises; Patrick Sutton’s Office
“Clifton Briggs is ready to play on our side.” Ryan Bauer spoke, stepping into Patrick’s office. A smirk of confidence graced his face. “Trust me, the man is such a weasel, I could almost see the pleading in his eyes by the time I left his sight.”
PhotobucketPatrick scoffed. “For a ruthless business man, he does seem to make cowardly decisions.”
The younger man frowned, he thought getting Clifton on their side was a huge move for everyone involved and now Patrick was telling Ryan that it was a mistake for Clifton. “What do you mean?” He asked his boss, trying to understand the situation.
Patrick looked at Ryan. “I would never partner up with Clifton Briggs.”
He must have noticed the confusion on Ryan’s face, because Patrick elaborated. “Firstly, the man chose the losing side of this war. Partnering up with Damien Crenshaw before he was able to get an offer from me? He is delusional if he thinks betraying Damien will win him any favors. I don’t deal with traitors.”
Ryan gulped. “So it was all a lie.”
“If we can get Clifton to tell us everything about the election then no, it’s not all a lie. We will bring Damien Crenshaw down.” Patrick told Ryan. “But if Clifton thinks we will bargain with him, he is sorely mistaken. You did great work today Ryan, you’ll be an excellent addition once I’m Mayor of Stone Creek.”
“Aren’t you afraid Clifton will retaliate?”
Patrick shook his head. “Once we expose Damien, then Clifton will more than likely go into hiding because a lot of his clients will be displeased with the exposure he will get. That man is as good as dead after we get rid of Damien.”
“I feel sorry for him.” Ryan replied.
“Don’t feel sorry for Clifton Briggs, he’ll survive.” Patrick replied. “Maybe he will think the next time he choses the wrong side of the war. Nobody pulls a fast one over me.”
[.....]
Scene Twelve:
745 W. Lavender St., Stone Creek. “Old Granger Manor”
Damien & Gillian’s Home
With the winds outside causing the tree’s to scratch the windows, Damien Crenshaw watched his wife as she worked on what seemed like paperwork for the company she was now running. It was his own confirmation that she went behind his back and secured Sutton Enterprises.
But why would she keep it from him?
Damien entered the Living Room and smiled at his wife. “So the rumors are true?”
“No rumors, just haven’t gotten around to tell you yet.” Gillian remarked, she looked over at Damien and noticed his uneasiness. “Relax Damien, nobody is hiding anything from you. I’ve just been busy at the office and you haven’t been home that much.”
Photobucket
She kissed her husband. “Don’t think I was going behind your back.”
“What am I supposed to think?” He asked, slipping onto the couch and putting his arm around his wife. “Your father was the one who told me about you. Do you know how that makes me feel that Patrick Sutton tried to turn me against you?”
Gillian sighed. “Did he?”
“Did he what?”
“Turn you against me?”
Damien grabbed his wife’s hand, admiring the stone he bought her. “He is going to have to try harder to keep me away from you.” He lied, kissing Gillian once again. “I would have just hoped that you’d be the one telling me about your project’s first.”
“I’m doing this for us.” Gillian pleaded.
He sighed. “I know you are.”
There was something about his wife’s words that worried him. For so long, Damien had thought Gillian Sutton was just a mindless tool to take over Sutton Enterprises. But there was something different in her lately, as if she had been possessed by the Sutton gene.
Looking over the contracts she was working in, Damien looked towards the Kitchen. “How about I make us something to get rid of this winter chill?”
“That sounds fantastic.” Gillian looked at her husband. “Don’t worry Damien, we will take over Sutton Enterprises in no time, just give me time to get my father on my side, okay?”
[.....]
Next Time, On Concrete Shelves
+ Ryan and Ian have a confrontation.
+ Helen and David plan their lives, apart.
+ Natalie gets the shock of her life.
+ Someone gets a miracle...