Friday, February 24, 2012

What Would You Say?

Previously, On Concrete Shelves
  • Diem admitted that she had a brief relationship with Seth Keeler.
  • Cassie Lakhani was the only person to see the gunman's face.
  • At the New Years Eve Ball, Miles Fowler was shot.
  • Kelly Marlowe called Natalie, saying she was leaving town...
[.....]
Photobucket
[.....]
Scene One:
980 Cutler St., Stone Creek. Faustino Cottages #12
Diem & Leia’s Cottage.
PhotobucketThe winter’s chill was enough to make Diem Joplin open up another can of hot cocoa and serve herself a mug of the warm luxury. The late February storm was nothing new to Diem, she watched the snow fall lightly through the window of her cottage.
It was mostly calm and majestic. Although there have been few instances when the storm grew deadly, she recalled the car accident that claimed a couple lives last year. A shudder caused Diem to wrap her coat tighter.
Being alone wasn’t the hardest thing for her to deal with, now that she had her daughter Leia Barsky back in Stone Creek. It made living in the Cottage a little more homely. She thought back to when her uncle was here last, telling Diem that she didn’t have to give up on love.
Then she remembered her brief romance with Seth Keeler. Or lack-there-of. They had only went on a few dates but she didn’t think anything would come of it. With his busy schedule and her.. well, Diem didn’t know what was keeping her from talking to him again.
You need to show Leia that a person can move on and trust their heart again. The woman thought, looking back at the side table that her cellphone resided on. Having Leia back home was good. But at the same time her relationship with her daughter seemed distant.
Especially after Leia went to see her father, William.
There was a time when Diem Joplin didn’t think she would be able to live without William Maverick. After her relationship with James Thurlow ended, it was William who caught her and aided in Diem leaving her family's business to start her own.
She placed the mug on the side table and picked up her phone. But Seth Keeler made her feel something that William never could. A smile evaded her otherwise mundane frown and she decided to take her uncle Jeremy’s advice and called him.
“Hey!” Diem greeted enthusiastically when he answered. “Seth, it’s Diem Joplin. I know we haven’t really spoken since our first couple dates but I was wondering if maybe you wanted to try again?” Her heart thudded loudly as she waited for his reply.
Hoping this could be the way to get Leia to trust her heart again. “Yes?”
PhotobucketA knock at the door distracted Diem from her phone call and after confirming the date she ended the call. “I’m coming, I’m coming.” She chimed. A deep breath later she opened it to reveal Emily Roscoe on the other end. “Emily, hi. How are you doing?”
“I’m pretty good, Diem.” Emily replied, entering the Cottage she looked around before focusing her attention back to Diem. “I hope this isn’t a bad time. I was just wondering if you had information on the bracelet that I gave you with the DC initials.”
Diem sighed, she had spent so much time focusing on Leia that she forgot to call her client about the news. “I don’t know how to tell you this Emily, but the initials. They don’t mean Washington, D.C. there was no leads there that could help us find your parents.”
“So do we just give up?” Emily frowned.
“No!” The older woman looked back into her Living Room. “How about we have some cocoa and try to find another lead? We will find them Emily, we just have to figure out what that bracelet means and where it’s from. I promise you that.”
[.....]
Scene Two:
Stone Creek; Now Town
Stone Creek Police Station; Gideon Wilkinson’s Office
PhotobucketCassie Lakhani shook her head. “That’s impossible, I don’t even think Callum even knows where I am. I haven’t seen my brother in years. He left town once we turned eighteen and from what I understand my parents don’t have a clue of where he is.”
She sat down next to James Thurlow, the man that she had looked at as a father for years since arriving in Stone Creek. For him to accompany Cassie to the Police Station made her feel a whole lot better. But to hear that her brother was locked up for the crimes against her.
Chief Wilkinson, I don’t really know what to say.” Cassie spoke.
“We understand the shock Cassie.” James told her, his eyes glued to his friend. “But we need you to know that we still have no idea why Callum would want to cause harm to either yourself or Miles Fowler. Besides the fact that he was your brother and Miles’ best friend.”
Cassie looked at Gideon. 
After repressing everything she went through as a child, she would have never thought that she would have to re-live everything. Before she could start tearing up about it, Cassie cleared her throat. “Are you sure that Callum shot us? Is he sure James?”
Marina’s father nodded.
“Can you think of any reason why your brother would want either of you dead?” The words sounded like they were coming from Gideon Wilkinson, but she was too focused on the remorseful expression on James’ face. “If you can think of anything, it would really help the case against him.”
“Against him?” Cassie tore her eyes from James.
“If Miles Fowler dies, Cassie, then your brother is looking at prison time. We need to find out if there are any motives? Or maybe if he has any mental history-” A knock at the door interrupted him. Gideon looked at his two guests for permission to include the mysterious third party.
“Come in!” Gideon insisted. “Oh, Deborah, this is actually perfect timing.”
Deborah Nelson stood in the doorway, Cassie caught her attention trying not to breakdown at the sight of the therapist. “What’s going on in here?”
“I need your help.” Cassie spoke, frowning.
[.....]
Scene Three:
Stone Creek; Now Town
Stone Creek Memorial Hospital; Miles Fowler’s ICU Room
PhotobucketShe watched as the monitor’s stayed consistent with each passing moment and it hurt Greta Wilkinson just a little bit. Knowing that nothing still had changed with his condition. Miles Fowler still wasn’t getting any better and she waited for one day that it would.
“My father said when you get better that he would consider giving you your job back,” it really was a conversation unimportant to her, but somehow, Greta felt that by having it, things would get back to feeling normal again. Before Miles was shot.
Even before she was confused about marrying him. “He said that he wanted to make sure that it wouldn’t affect your health. So when you’re better, you’ll have to go through some tests and such. But I know you’ll pass them and I know your health will be cleared.”
“I wish you were awake to see how strong I’ve been. My Real Estate business is starting to level out just like you said it would.” Greta wiped a tear from her eye. “Leaving you out there on the balcony was my biggest mistake. Why didn’t I say yes to you? You’re perfect for me.”
In the bottom of her stomach, Greta knew she would continue to regret the decision she had made. How she went against her gut and trusted her doubts about their relationship. But when Miles woke up, she promised herself that it wouldn’t happen again. Things had to change.
Photobucket“Hey sister,” Bentley Wilkinson spoke from the doorway. 
Greta turned to see that he was holding the cups of coffee he excused himself to get earlier. She was thankful that her brother had accompanied her today. Although she was warming-up to visiting Miles at the hospital, it was still hard for Greta. 
Coming to the hospital every time only made things feel even more real. “How are you holding up?”
She sighed, taking the drink. “I-I-I’m... I’m just glad that Miles is still with us Bentley. We almost lost him at the New Years Ball. I thought I felt him slip away when I was holding him and being here just reminds me of that every single time. But I know now that this is where I need to be.”
“Just stay strong.” Bentley replied.
Greta nodded, she then looked back at Bentley. “You shouldn’t be here, you should be with Emily right now planning your wedding. I’m sorry Bentley.”
“We decided to put the wedding off.”
“No!” She snapped, Greta placed her coffee on the nearest table and stood up. There was no way that she could keep her little brother from marrying Emily Roscoe. She shook her head. “Don’t put off the wedding for us Bentley. We will be just fine.”
Bentley took his sister’s hands. “Emily and I agreed, we want you and Miles to be there. Emily said she couldn’t ask to share a wedding day with anybody else and I couldn’t agree more Greta. This thing, this accident that happened to Miles, it’s only putting things off. But soon things will be set right.”
“This also gives us some time to save-up for a psychedelic wedding.”
Greta chuckled warmly, hugging her brother.
Photobucket
Scene Four:
1525 Mauve Ln., Stone Creek. “Willow Glen Manor”
Jared & Kelly’s Home.
PhotobucketTaking a moment to tackle her nerves, Natalie Marlowe knocked on the heavy wooden door. In hopes that her mother hadn’t left for San Diego yet and that she would be open to explain why she was leaving Stone Creek to join Jared in the first place.
Natalie knew she was a grown woman, but a part of her still needed Kelly around.
“Natalie, right?” A man answered, he must have noticed the frown on her face. Because he invited Natalie inside and tried to offer her something to drink. “Did your mother send you here for something? She sort of left on the whim and my fiance noticed a couple of personal belongings stood behind.”
She looked around the place her parents had called home since their move to Stone Creek. Although their furniture was still intact and varies family pictures were hung on the walls, there was no sign of either Marlowe residing in it’s corridors.
“She left already?”
He shook his head. “I thought she would have told you.”
Of course Kelly told her that she was leaving. But Natalie didn’t think her mother would leave so suddenly and let some strangers move in to occupy her throne. Natalie looked at the man, he had a familiar face. “Do I know you?” She asked, no hesitation.
“My name is Emmet Thurlow.” He offered a hand in greeting. But Natalie refused the gesture and instead kept her hands folded under her breasts. “Your mother was kind enough to let me rent out the Willow Glen Manor with my fiance, Iris Galloway.”
Natalie nodded.
“I must have my days mixed up.” Natalie pulls on a smile, but feels the sting of her mother’s dishonesty. She turns towards the door to let herself out but can’t help but turn back to Emmet. He was rather dashing, even if he was related to Marina Thurlow. “Congratulations on your return to Stone Creek.”
“Thanks!” Emmet replied.
Then she was gone. Out the door in a fit of rage, Natalie busted open her cellphone and began to dial her mother’s number. But she knew that Kelly probably wouldn’t answer. So instead she closed the phone, slid it back into her pocket and trudged to her car.
Tears streaming down her cheeks.
[.....]
Scene Five:
Stone Creek; Now Town
Stone Creek Ledger.
Photobucket
Marina Thurlow couldn’t help but feeling a deep regret for following the instructions on the letter that her boss, Seth Keeler had sent her. At first she thought it was some sort of romantic gesture of sorts. After all he was an attractive older man who knew what he wanted.
But she brushed it aside, with the help of Cassie.
How could a man like Seth Keeler be interested in Marina? Besides, she had a boyfriend that she was in love with. There was no way she would leave Ian Kiefer for her own boss. That and she was still bitter at Seth for offering her promotion to someone else.
“Marina!” A voice shouted from behind her. She turned on her heel, anxiously. “Oh my god! I thought that was you, how are you? I haven’t seen you since High School and even then we hardly ever talked the last two years at school.” The woman chuckled.
Olivia.” Marina greeted, confused. “I didn’t know you were back in town.”
Leia Barsky curtsied and then pulled Marina into a hug. “I go by Leia now. But yes, I arrived in town for the holiday’s. I wanted to see my mother and sort of just stayed low for awhile. Trying to re-adjust into small town living once again, moving from the city is such a culture shock.”
PhotobucketThere was something snooty about her old friend, that caused Marina to question her motives for being back in town. She smirked, a false pretense of hope. “Stone Creek has been considered a City for awhile now.”
“Still, it feels like the small town I left behind years ago.” Leia replied.
“What are you doing here?” Marina asked, offended.
Leia waved a letter in the air. “This.”
It looked exactly like the letter that Marina had received and she hesitantly held her’s up as well, showing Leia that they had the exact same instructions. Whatever fear Marina had felt before was only growing. She could feel the contents of her stomach rising up.
“Marina! Leia!” Seth Keeler greeted, walking out of his office. “I’m glad the two of you could make it today!”
“What’s going on Mr. Keeler?” Marina barked, her hands perfectly aligned on her hips.
He looked at both women and then smiled. “Well, as you know. I had to give your promotion to someone else when you didn’t get back to me. So I had hunted down Leia Barsky and asked her to join the Ledger. To my surprise she was already headed back to town-”
“You stole my promotion?” Marina questioned.
“Please, I didn’t steal anything.”
Marina shook her head. “So why did you call me here? To rub it in my face?”
“I got to thinking about how much you wanted the promotion Marina.” Seth told her. “So I decided to make the two of you co-editors of your project. I know it’s not something either of you have done before but I figured that since the two of you actually know one another, it shouldn’t be too hard of a transition.”
Marina’s mouth dropped, she looked at Leia who smirked devilishly.
[.....]
Scene Six:
2634 W. Parker St., Stone Creek. Callahan Condo’s #29 
Taylor & Dizzy’s Condo.
Photobucket He walked out into the Living Room and found Dizzy Roberts shuffling around. Possibly getting ready for work, so he decided to make his way into the Kitchen, taking note that she had avoided making any sort of interactions with him since he skipped out on going to the Club with her.
Taylor frowned. “Hey, Dizzy.”
“Can’t talk right now.” She snipped, grabbing her bag and entering the Kitchen where she grabbed a bagel for on her way out. “I am going to be late for work Taylor.”
Instead of letting her leave, he blocked her way out of the Kitchen. “You’re not avoiding me, are you? I mean I understand that you wanted me to go to Shenanigan’s with my brother and you. But you must understand that something else came up.”
Dizzy narrowed her eyes. “Yeah, I’ll be seeing him at the hospital today, your Dr. McSteamy has been giving me this weird look that I don’t find professional. So could you tell him, during one of your late-night steam-fest’s, to knock it off at work?”
“I haven’t seen him in weeks.” Taylor quipped.
Dizzy frowned. “Great, now I see why he snarls at me.”
“What’s gotten into you?” 
She shook it off. “I have to go to work Taylor, can we talk about this teen-angst situation at a later time? Maybe over dinner tonight or maybe you can just tell me where you really went the night you decided to ditch us at Shenanigan’s?”
There was an undertone in her words that let Taylor know that Dizzy had an idea of where he was. Which caused him to gulp nervously. “Aidan told me that the kiss we shared was a mistake.”
“I’m sorry.” Dizzy frowned, then she hugged her friend. “Can you keep a secret?”
He nodded.
“I slept with your brother.”
Taylor looked at Dizzy with a look of confusion mixed with disgust. But he knew deep down that it was a possibility that it could happen. But had been flirting under the radar for sometime now. He smiled, softly and pulled her into another hug. 
Mostly because he didn’t have the words to express how he was feeling.
[.....]
Scene Seven:
Now Town; Thurlow Lumber Mill Building
James Thurlow’s Office.
“Here you go Mr. Thurlow.” Emily Roscoe spoke, handing over a couple of files. She had spent the last couple hours gathering some information for her boss. Anything she could do to keep herself occupied, Emily made sure she did. She smiled sweetly at James as he thanked her.
Photobucket“Emily.” James called out.
She turned to face him. “I was wondering if you had any more information on Miles Fowler’s condition?”
It was a strange request from her boss. But she knew that he was friends with the Wilkinson family for years and since Miles was engaged to be married to Greta Wilkinson it hadn’t been too far-fetched of him to ask. Simply, she walked back over to him. 
“His condition is still the same.” Her face void of anything other than sorrow.
James nodded his head. “Does that mean your wedding is going to be put on hold?”
The younger woman shrugged. “Bentley and I have decided that it is all up to Greta. I mean, we have already come to term that we are in love. So there really isn’t any rush for us to get married right now. After all, it’s basically just a piece of paper right?”
“I guess it is.”
“Miles Fowler is a good friend of ours and after everything that Greta has been through with the shooting. I don’t think I could ever ask her to give up on him.” Emily found strength in her words, she looked at her boss. “But we are all holding our heads high and hoping for the best.”
“Congratulations.” James spoke.
She smiled. “Thank you, Mr. Thurlow.”
“Call me James.” He instructed, catching her off-guard. But providing comfort for the younger woman none-the-less. Being in Stone Creek was exactly where Emily felt she needed to stay. Although she never knew her real parents, a part of her felt like they would have liked it here.
[.....]
Scene Eight:
Now Town; Harper Smites
Deborah Nelson’s Office.
Cassie Lakhani walked over to a side table that held a beautiful bouquet of yellow roses. She had never been in Deborah Nelson’s office, although she had accompanied her best friend, Marina Thurlow, to her sessions with the older woman.
The contrast of the blue hues was enough to calm Cassie’s mind. She turned to Deborah, who was already sitting in her dark brown leather arm chair. “I cannot believe that Callum is back in my life. There is just so much history between the two of us, I hope you understand how hard this is for me.”
Photobucket“Certainly,” Deborah invited Cassie to sit on the baby blue sectional sofa. “we can talk about anything that you are comfortable with. If you want Cassie, we can start with your friendship with Miles Fowler. How did the two of you meet?”
She smiled, taking a seat in front of Deborah. 
“Miles was my brother’s best friend.” She pictured her life back in Wolf’s Point and how the friendship started out between herself and Miles. Cassie cringed at how painful the memories began to pile-up. There was a time in Wolf’s Point when the only person she felt safe around was Miles.
“Can you describe the relationship you had with your brother?”
Cassie shook her head. “There never really was one.”
She remembered when Callum used to have fits of anger and how he would take them out on Cassie when they were younger. There was one time when Miles caught the other end of Callum’s fist for Cassie and how it almost destroyed his friendship with her brother.
“My father always favored Callum.” Cassie sighed, thinking back to what Miles had told her. That he was only still friends with Callum because he needed to help protect Cassie. But she shook the memory. Callum left town before the duo turned Seventeen.
Cassie looked up at Deborah. “Why did Callum come to Stone Creek?”
She knew that Deborah didn’t have the answers. But asking these questions out loud was better than having asking them to herself. Cassie spent the last couple weeks asking herself why. A tear stained her cheek. “Miles always protected me as kids. Now, now he’s in a coma.”
“You’re safe.” Deborah reminded Cassie.
But she shook her head, unwilling to believe it.
[.....]
Scene Nine:
Stone Creek; Sage Gardens
Gladys’s Bistro.
Diem Joplin chuckled as she listened to the story Seth Keeler had just told her about his childhood. It had felt like so long since she felt this way towards another person. Completely wanted, a feeling that she didn’t feel like letting slip away.
Photobucket“I’m sorry,” Seth admitted. “I’m talking too much again, aren’t I?”
She shook her head. “I’m enjoying it.”
“I didn’t think you would ever call me again.” Seth Keeler spoke, he lifted his tea to his lips and took a drink. All the while, watching Diem as she gathered the words to reply.
Diem sighed. “I honestly didn’t think I would, either.”
“Then why did you?” 
“Because something told me to give you another shot.” Diem admitted, she played with the food on her plate. “I guess that the first date we went on made me feel something I hadn’t felt in a very long time and it scared me. Seth, after what happened with my daughter’s father-”
“I understand.” Seth replied, hastily. 
There was a comfort in his words that made Diem realize that he did understand. It was a definite welcome to the feelings she had felt before. “Raising Olivia alone and then watching her go and do her own things. It made me re-evaluate how I was living my life.”
“You did a great job, you know.” She blushed. “You raised one of the most independent women I have ever met, after meeting you I now know the role model she had in her life was the right one. I’m glad that I hired her at the Ledger now.”
Diem looked at Seth surprised. “Wait, you what?”
“She didn’t tell you?”
The shock on Diem’s face was enough to make Seth frown. “I thought she would have told you. I hired her on at the Ledger as a co-editor with Marina Thurlow. Maybe she was just waiting for the right time to tell you? After all we haven’t even said anything about us going on dates.”
Diem tried to brush things off, a slight chuckle, she changed the subject. “This has been a wonderful date.”
[.....]
Scene Ten:
980 Cutler St., Stone Creek. Faustino Cottages #12
Diem & Leia’s Cottage.
Leia Barsky looked through a photo album that her mother had laying around. It had been so long since she had looked at any family pictures, let alone, ones from when she was a child that it made her miss the life she lived while in Stone Creek.
She remembered a time when she was friends with Marina Thurlow. How the two were nearly inseparable while they were still in grade school and how they would spend more time at Cuttlebone Lake together than anywhere else. Leia smiled at her memories.
Somewhat, she was jealous that Marina was able to stay in town and watch Stone Creek transform into the gorgeous city it now was.
“Leia?” Diem Joplin called from the front door, she let out of her coat and found her daughter looking at the family photo album. “Hey darling, how was your day?”
There was a slight pause, before Leia asked her mother to join her on the couch. “It was pretty eventful, I ran into Marina Thurlow earlier. Apparently we both will be spending a lot of time together again, like when we were kids.” Leia looked down at her 5th birthday party pictures.
“Maybe we can share a slice of cake again.” Then Leia realized that her mother was home early. “Wait a minute, didn’t you have a date tonight? You’re home early, how did it go?”
She watched her mother for any trace of disappointment. The frown indicated the first signs and she frowned as well. “We just didn’t have a spark.” Diem lied. “Somethings just don’t work out like you want them to is all. But that’s alright, I still have you here.”
“There’s plenty of other guys.” Leia replied, she pulled her mother’s attention back to the photo album. Recalling the birthday party where she dropped her cake on her great-uncle Jeremy Joplin. Then flipped the page to a picture of her mother on the arm of James Thurlow.
It was their High School Prom picture, and Diem noted how dorky they both looked. “Yeah, there are plenty of other guys out there.” Diem agreed, hoping that she didn’t just mess up the best thing that could have ever happened to her.
[.....]
Scene Eleven:
2300 Cranberry St., Stone Creek. Stone Creek Apartments #18
Bentley Wilkinson’s Apartment.
The sound of Emily Roscoe chuckling filled the room as she rolled over onto her back and leaned against her fiance, Bentley Wilkinson. How she could have ended the night any other way, Emily didn’t know. There was something so pure about being with Bentley.
It was as if it was meant to happen.
Months ago, Emily’s biggest fear was getting in a car accident.
But that seemed so long ago now. Each day she spent with Bentley, helped ease her fear of getting into a car. To pass the time, when it is just the two of them, they spend as much time behind the wheel. So far, Emily has been able to drive on the back roads of the city.
She intwined her fingers with Bentley's. “How do we do this?”
“Do what? Holding hands, is a lot like hold chopsticks but not as tricky.”
“Now you’re just making me hungry.”
“I could totally go for some Chinese right now.”
Emily began to chuckle as she found Bentley’s lips against hers. “I’m way too happy right now to even ask this. But I know if I don’t ask now, then I will never gather the courage to do so.”
“I already asked you to marry me.” Bentley replied. “But you know what, you’ve been extremely adamant about women’s rights. So if you want to wear the suit to the wedding, you sure can. I think I can fit into my grandmother’s wedding dress.”
“Stop!” Emily giggled.
He smiled. “If you are asking what Greta said about the wedding-”
“I don’t want to get married without her and Miles.”
“Me either.”
A tear rolled down Emily’s cheek and Bentley caught in, just in time. “I will marry you Emily Roscoe, I don’t care if I have to carry you to the alter. I will put a ring on your finger and call you my wife. There’s no doubt in my mind about that.”
“I love you.”
“Move in with me.” Bentley spoke, he looked around the room. “I want to wake up next to you every morning, I want to close my eyes and you be the last thing I see at night.”
“Have you been watching those sappy movies lately?” Emily quipped.
Bentley smirked. “That’s not the answer I was looking for.”
“Alright. I’ll definitely move in with you.” Emily replied, locking lips with her fiance.
[.....]
Scene Twelve:
Stone Creek; Sage Gardens
Cuttlebone Lake; Pier
The way the moon reflected into the Lake made Marina Thurlow smile. As a child she had spent so many summers at the Lake, that a simple night like this had gone over looked as she grew up. It had been a memory that burned into her mind and being with the news she recently received, a memory she needed to revisit.
Now that Leia Barsky was back in town, Marina knew she had competition at Ledger.
But what worried her, was the fact that she hadn’t seen her old friend in so long. Growing up with Leia seemed like such a distant memory. They had shared so much before she became best friends with Cassie. She knew feeling happy for Leia was an option.
Marina sighed.
Now she had to work with Leia. Their past stung her as she remembered what had happened between the two of them. Marina looked out at the water and watched as her reflection looked back at her.
“I thought I’d catch you out here.”
The voice belonged to her ex. boyfriend, Ryan Bauer. It was a comfort that Marina had pretended didn’t matter anymore. But knowing that someone was near made her feel a tad bit better. “So, why are we out here tonight, anyways?”
“Leia is back.” Marina told him. “She is working at Ledger and Seth appointed us both co-editors.”
“You’re better than her.” Ryan spoke.
Marina sneered. “It’s not even that. Leia being back in town reminds me of the past. Of a life that I had once lived and tried to forget. I wanted to forget everything that happened before I had met you and with Leia back home, that’s hard to do.”
Ryan sat next to her at the pier. “You can’t forget your past, Marina.”
She knew that Ryan was only trying to help, but in the clear moonlight she couldn’t help but notice how gorgeous Ryan looked tonight. Which brought her back to one question they still hadn’t cleared up between the two of them. “Why did you leave town?” 
“The truth?”
Marina nodded. “That’s why I asked.”
“I was still in love with you.”
And there it was. The answer that Marina had known all along, she turned to Ryan as he peered into her eyes. As if they had been together all this time, she smiled lightly at his declaration. Ryan smiled back and leaned in, closing his eyes.
But Marina pulled away, she gathered all of her thoughts and shook her head. “I can’t Ryan.”
“Why not?” He asked, watching her get up to leave. “What we had, that’s not something you just throw away Marina. We’re not something you just toss out for someone else to look at. You still feel something, I can tell. So why should we torture ourselves?”
Marina shook her head. “Why am I here? Ian is a great guy! So why am I here?”
Her tears weren’t enough to keep away from Ryan. She could feel his hands caress her face and slowly she leaned closer to him. Closing her eyes and kissing Ryan Bauer on the lips. It was a taste that she hadn’t had in so long and the veins in her body craved it so.
[.....]
Next Time, On Concrete Shelves
  • Caitlyn and Emily have an interesting talk.
  • Clifton tries to make an effort with Cassie.
  • Ian starts to feel a wedge between himself and Marina.
  • Ryan helps Patrick forward his plans...