Friday, December 9, 2011

It's You

Previously, On Concrete Shelves
  • Clifton threatened to sue for custody of Lucian.
  • Gail was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes.
  • Frank and Deborah decided to leave for the Holiday’s.
  • Ryan and Marina remained good friends...
[.....]
Photobucket
[.....]
Scene One:
Stone Creek; Sage Gardens.
Sage Gardens Shopping Square.
Cassie Lakhani held the snowflake ornament in her hands. It was Lucian’s present for his first christmas and it reminded her of how much the holiday was her favorite. When Cassie was younger her mother would buy an ornament for her children every year. It reminded her of when things were a whole lot simpler.
Photobucket“Where are we traveling to today?” Marina asked, taking a seat next to her best friend. “You look like you already started to trip to memory lane without me. Are you thinking about the whole Clifton fiasco?”
Taking her eyes off the ornament, Cassie tried to smile. “No, I was actually thinking about when I was around Lucian’s age and my mother would buy us ornaments. I guess when I saw this one, I just had to keep the tradition alive with my son.”
“You’re a good mother.”
“Thanks.” 
Marina took the silence as approval to change the subject, she lifted a bag and turned back to Cassie. “You were right, I shouldn’t have even stepped into that store. I don’t know if I bought presents for the family or just myself. I have no idea what I was thinking.”
The other woman chuckled.
“I’m sure there is something in there for your father,” Cassie peered into Marina’s bag. “Maybe we can go into a different store for your father? Body soaps and tiny knick-knacks don’t seem like the gift for James Thurlow. I was thinking something more like power tools or maybe a nice watch?”
“Maybe a nice watch.” Marina agreed.
Cassie continued looking through the bag in hopes that her friend actually bought presents for her family. But it seemed that there weren’t many options to choose from. She knew Marina wasn’t all that great at Christmas Shopping, every year always proved to be a struggle.
“You’re a really great mother.” Marina spoke, causing Cassie to blush. “Clifton is a fool to try to make you choose between him and Mac. But I can see why he wouldn’t want to lose you-”
“He doesn’t want to lose Lucian!” Cassie snapped, “Clifton doesn’t care about me. He is afraid of losing his son but it doesn’t make sense because I’ve never tried to take Lucian away from him. I get that he might feel threatened by Mac, but we agreed to live our own lives.”
“What are you going to do?”
Cassie shrugged. “Help you shop for a watch for your father?”
“He won’t win a custody battle.”
Cassie knew Marina was telling the truth but a part of her knew how resilient Clifton Briggs was. “But he won’t give up until he has his way.”
[.....]
Scene Two:
1507 Mango Ln., Stone Creek. “Hollyoak Manor”
Patrick & Charlene’s Home.
Photobucket“He won, that son-of-a-bitch won!” Patrick Sutton spat as he looked from his wife to Ryan Bauer. There was no way that Patrick could control his anger. Apparently the people in Stone Creek hated Patrick more than he had thought. He truly felt that he would have won the race.
Charlene Sutton shrugged, downing another glass of wine. “At least you still have your company.”
“We just cut our loses and we move onto something better.” Ryan replied, he gulped when Patrick turned to glare at him. “Look, I thought we had this in the bag as well, after we ran Jared Marlowe out of town, I was sure we had this race! But Damien Crenshaw flew under the radar in this one.”
“He tricked his ex. wife into thinking that Abigail Jenkins was their daughter and these people still voted for the scum?” Patrick seethed, he turned to his wife who began to chuckle at the thought. “What are you laughing at?”
She turned to face him. “You were the one who revealed Abigail as Danielle Crenshaw, that man just capitalized on the lie. Then you run Jared out of town and again he capitalized on something else that was yours.” 
Patrick sniffed his wife out, watching as she cackled in amusement. “I think you’ve had too much to drink.”
“Not in the slightest.” Her face fell flat.
“How about we focus back on your reputation?” Ryan alerted. “We can get a few interviews of you congratulating Damien Crenshaw on the win and we can do a couple of charity events. Let people see a different side of you and then we-”
“I really think you’ve had enough to drink Charlene!” Patrick ignored Ryan, his voice booming. He walked over to his wife and grabbed the glass she was holding.
PhotobucketBut Charlene picked up a fresh bottle of Vodka. “I’ll let you know when I’ve had enough.”
“You’re falling apart you weak woman!” Patrick spat. He grabbed the bottle of Vodka, but wasn’t prepared for Charlene to fight back. Once he held the bottle in his hands, Patrick tossed it against the wall. Shattering the glass into millions of pieces.
Charlene watched in shock, she then opened her palm and smacked it across Patrick’s face. Fear emerged from her otherwise drunken state as she watched Patrick step closer to her. But instead of hitting Charlene, he shoved her out of the way.
Falling to the ground she watched as Patrick destroyed every bottle of liquor on the bar. He growled in anger that everything he had been working hard for was falling apart. Patrick looked at Ryan who quickly looked at Charlene who stood on the ground.
“Now we have to buy a whole new selection.” Charlene muttered.
[.....]
Scene Three:
Stone Creek; Now Town.
Greta Wilkinson’s Realtor.
PhotobucketTaking a break, Greta Wilkinson rubbed her forehead.
There had been so much going on while she tried to transfer some of her clients around. She had been lucky that a couple business made the move with her as Greta began the venture into her own Real Estate endeavor. Greta had made sure to give them top priority as things escalated along.
But today, she needed a break. 
It had been awhile since she seen her boyfriend, Miles Fowler. There was a point in the last couple months when she thought that she’d have to do everything alone. But after finally giving into her feelings she spared their relationship and managed to salvage it before it was to late.
She was truly grateful that she did. However, between Miles being on undercover cases and Greta digging into the duties as a new business owner, there were few days they saw each other. A knock at the door broke her from the thoughts.
Miles stood in the doorway with a grin on his face and lunch in his hand. 
“I’m starved.” Greta admitted, moving her papers over to allow Miles to set up for their date. Managing her time seemed useful these days, although it felt like work was winning out over Miles. But it was what she had wanted in the beginning.
To be working. To start her own career and follow her dreams. So Greta kept reminding herself that things with Miles were going great and they were taking things slow and working their ways around such a busy schedule. “This all looks so good! I can’t believe I haven’t put time aside to eat today.”
“I keep telling you about your workload.” Miles chimed in handing her a small, plastic fork. “I know there is a lot to do but not eating isn’t going to help you in the long run. Do you want one of your clients to see you topple over because you’re starved?”
Greta smirked. “I’ve just been stressing out a lot. I’ll remember to grab a banana tomorrow morning.”
“Good.” His eyes lingered on Greta. “For now, we have this amazing chinese food to keep our stomach’s company. I’m glad that I was able to get a couple hours away from the station for some lunch. I don’t know if I would have made it here if I couldn’t.”
“Nonsense! You know my father would let you have the day off if you told him you were rescuing his only daughter from starvation and a small case of fainting.” She teased, causing Miles to stir. “What?”
He frowned. “You know it’s not like that. I would never use my relationship with you to get any special treatment. I take both my job and our relationship very seriously. I was just looking out for you and if it makes Miles Fowler, your boyfriend, earn points with your father then who cares.”
“I was kidding.”
“I know.” He sighed. Placing his plastic fork down, Miles grabbed Greta’s hand and rubbed it gently. “I really love you Greta and I have since the day I met you. There have been times when we didn’t agree on things. Like when you broke up with me for no reason!”
Greta glared at him; Miles chuckled. “But I don’t care about all of that. I’m just glad that you came to your senses and I found it humorous that you got jealous of Sheila.”
“I did not.” Greta scoffed.
“You did.” She shrugged. “I love that you got jealous of her because that means you feel the same way about me that I do you. I know we are supposed to take this whole thing slowly, but I want you to move back in with me.”
She leaned back and folded her arms. “You want me to?”
“I’d like you too.” He rolled his eyes.
Greta smirked, taking a moment to think about it. “I care about you so much Miles, but that is a huge decision and I need time to think about it.”
Disappointment shone in his face, Greta tugged back at his hand. Miles jolted back up at her, with a forced smile. “Just let me think about it, alright? It doesn’t change how I feel about you. But I just need to know that we are making the right decision. Still.”
He shook his head. “Alright. Let’s eat this lunch before we have to go back to our busy lives.”
Greta could tell that Miles was still let down by her response, but she couldn’t help the way she felt and Greta knew she couldn’t go against her own feelings. Although she wanted to move in with him, again, Greta knew that she had to be sure of it.
Photobucket
Scene Four:
Stone Creek; Sage Gardens.
Alice’s Haven Cafe.
PhotobucketDavid said that he would still like to run tests on me, monthly.” Penelope Wilkinson spoke as she held the cup to her lips. She sat across from her dearest friend; Caitlyn Thurlow. The blonde offered a comforting look as she retold the information. “Daphne said it was for precautions, to make sure the cancer doesn’t come back.”
Caitlyn sighed. “That’s a good thing, that you have so many people looking out for you.”
“I think they’re looking out for themselves, mostly. Imagine what they would all do if I was dead?” Penelope chuckled, giving Caitlyn an urge for concern. “Not that I’m going to purposely die anytime soon. Someday I will, but as for now they will have me to keep them in place!”
“Well how about we try to figure out these plans for the New Years Eve Ball first?” Caitlyn spoke, changing the subject from Penelope’s mortality.
Seeing this, Penelope allowed the change. She knew there was a part of Caitlyn that was terrified of death itself and knew it wasn’t the time to bring it up. “Where do we have it?”
Caitlyn shook her head. “I still don’t know.” 
The older woman picked up her cup of hot tea once again and brought it to her lips. The sensation was enough to remind her why she was living in the first place. There was no way that Penelope could give up tasting the hot tea from Alice’s Haven Cafe.
She caught the eye of the nearest employee. “I need another one of these.”
But her eyes widened in surprise. “Oh! Aidan.” 
Penelope recalled that the boy was James Thurlow’s nephew. She had met him a couple times already, once at the Fundraiser for the election. Reminding herself to keep mum that she voted against Patrick Sutton, for everyone’s sake. Penelope smiled. “I’m sorry, I thought you were working here.”
“That’s alright.” Aidan smiled, he looked at Caitlyn. “Could I get the two of you anything while I’m here?”
“A hot tea would be nice.” He nodded in agreement, taking a mental note. “Make that two, if anything can get our minds out of this cluster fuck, it would be hot tea.”
Aidan’s eyes grew in shock of an elderly woman cussing, but he quickly recovered. “What exactly has gotten you all worked up?”
“We are planning the New Years Eve Ball.” Caitlyn spoke up, she looked at both of her companions. “But we don’t exactly have a venue this year.”
“But you do!” Aidan chuckled. “Why don’t we have it at The Lakeside Inn? I’m sure Charlie wouldn’t mind hosting the event and it would be a great way to ride the publicity from the Fundraiser. I could actually arrange everything for you, Charlie left me in charge of public events.”
“That would be splendid!” Penelope sighed, relieved. “How about you spike my hot tea and not tell anybody. This calls for a celebration!”
Caitlyn closed her eyes in amusement, then caught Aidan before he placed their orders. “No alcohol for Penelope, she just recovered from cancer. We don’t need anything else happening!”
Penelope pouted. “You never let me have any fun.”
The three of them chuckled as the windows of Alice’s Haven Cafe fogged up from the warm air trapped in its comforting shelling.
[.....]
Scene Five:
Stone Creek; Sage Gardens.
Sage Gardens Shopping Square.
“Marina.” Ryan Bauer greeted as he walked up to the two friends as they shopped. 
She positioned herself in front of the man and gave him a hug. Looking back at Cassie Lakhani as the two awkwardly semi-greeted each other, then she turned back to Ryan. “I didn’t expect to run into you here, how are you? How was your Thanksgiving?”
Photobucket“It was great.” Ryan replied, he noticed that Cassie staggered behind the two. “Mind if we talk alone for a second? I won’t keep you in the cold for too long, Cassie. I just wanted to ask Marina a question.”
Cassie nodded, unaware of her friend’s feelings on the idea. “I’ll just be over here going over my christmas list Marina when you’re done. It was nice to see you Ryan.” 
Although he knew it was false, Ryan replied the same. Then he walked alongside Marina Thurlow down the path to a couple of benches. “I don’t think I remember the last time I saw you? Possibly the Fundraiser for the election. What was the question you had for me?”
“Excuse me?” Ryan asked, he looked up from his shoes.
“You said you wanted to ask me a question back there.” The chill from the Winter’s afternoon was enough to cause Marina to tug on her jacket. Ryan smirked, which received a confused look from Marina. “What was the question Ryan?”
“Right!” He replied, digging in his pocket for a box. “Well, what I meant was I had something to give you. I don’t know if I’ll see you during Christmas since I’m going on a small vacation with Natalie. Her parents have pretty much abandoned her.”
Marina looked at the box in his hands. “So, the two of you are official now?”
“I don’t know.” Ryan shrugged.
Had he known an answer that would please himself and Marina, he would have answered differently. Had Ryan began to have feelings for Natalie? Yes. But was he willing to give up the fight for Marina? He handed her the box that he had held so tightly onto.
“You really didn’t have to buy me anything.” Marina responded, she looked down at the box. It had felt like forever since they had broken up. A small part of her was happy that he bought her something. “A pen?” She asked, opening the box.
Ryan smirked. “It’s from the place we stayed at for our first vacation.”
She looked up, surprised. “When we got snowed in at that stupid cabin your parents owned? How did you remember this?” Marina looked back down at the pen and saw that it had sketched in the name of the snow patrol company. They had to rescue the two of them when Marina stubbornly tried to drive out of the snowstorm.
Marina chuckled. “Thanks. It really means a lot Ryan.”
[.....]
Scene Six:
Meadow’s Ridge.
Meadow’s Ridge Airport.
PhotobucketFrank Nelson placed his luggage on the ground and looked around. The Airport in Meadow’s Ridge had always been his least favorite. It was always so crowded and more of a maze than an Airport. But since it was the only way to catch a plane to see their children, he was willing to put up with the angry people bumping into him.
“Relax Frank, once we get on the plane we will be one step closer to our children.” Deborah Nelson spoke, taking a step closer to her husband. “That’s what you wanted right? For us to be with all of our children during the holidays? Because I cannot wait to escape all of the drama for this.”
“Drama?” He perked. “What drama?”
Deborah stepped closer to her husband. “Everything that happened with your sister, with the affairs-”
“It was only one affair.”
“Still,” They faced one another. Deborah hung her hands along Frank’s neck. “It will be nice to see everyone and be far, far away. Now how about we get on that plane, get away from this huge crowd of angry Meadow’s Ridge citizens and closer to our children!”
He couldn’t agree more, picking his luggage back up. Frank Nelson followed his wife to their terminal not looking as he rammed right into someone’s shoulder. “Watch where you are going!” Frank spat, turning to find the other person but no one was in close proximity carrying the same wound as himself.
Then he caught glimpse of her. It had been months since he had last seen Lucy Hahn but he recognized her beautiful face once he seen it staring back at his. She was too far to step up to, but Frank didn’t think he wanted to. A leather bag over her shoulder and a bundle in her arms. It almost looked like a baby.
Frank froze.
Lucy Hahn was carrying a child in her arms, the woman looked at him with piercing eyes before she dodged back into the crowd.
“Frank, what is it?” Deborah huffed, she had made it a few feet closer tot eh terminal before she realized that Frank was missing and had to back-track to find him. By this point she was irritated with his constant stop and go. “Are we going to see our children or not?”
He nodded his head. “I’ve got to make a phone call before we board the plane.”
“Can’t this wait?” 
“No, it can’t actually.” He gulped, how could Lucy be around Meadow’s Ridge. The last he heard she was in Sunset Valley and living a happy life. He turned to Deborah who seemed to have noticed how pale his face was. Trying to grin, he failed at reassuring her that everything was alright.
[.....]
Scene Seven:
Stone Creek; Sage Gardens.
Sage Gardens Shopping Square.
Photobucket“Cassie, how are you?” Miles Fowler asked, he stepped up to the lonely woman and wrapped her in a hug. “Are we shopping for somebody special today? Or just ourselves?” He asked, noticing Marina’s bags from the lingerie store from up the street.
Cassie Lakhani chuckled. “It’s been awhile since I’ve last seen you.”
“It has.” He admitted, ever since he had been promoted to Detective at the Stone Creek Police Station Miles hadn’t been able to keep track of his time. With helping Greta Wilkinson with her growing business and then helping her father, Gideon, keep the crime down.
“So what are you doing around town today?”
She held the bags up. “Just a little bit of Christmas shopping. Most of these are actually Marina’s bags. Things that she bought herself instead of shopping for the family. But that’s Marina for you, sometimes she just can’t help push her needs forward.”
Miles looked at the dress Cassie had been looking at. He knew it was far too expensive for her and that she had probably been standing here imagining it on. It was no secret that Cassie and Miles Fowler knew each other from Wolf Point. Although he was born in Stone Creek, Miles grew up in Wolf Point after his parents fled town.
That was where he met Cassie and her family. “How is Lucian?”
“He is getting so big!” Cassie exclaimed, she pouted. “You need to visit soon, bring Greta along he would love to see the both of you. With everything going on right now with Clifton I could use the distraction as well to tell the honest truth.”
“Am I going to have to beat someone up?”
Cassie chuckled. “Not today. You were always my hero when my older brother got a little rough with me growing up Miles. Thanks for that.”
“How are you and Greta doing?” She asked, no particular purpose other than to change the subject.
He caught on, kicking his feet around. “I asked her to move back in with me. But I don’t know if she will. Greta is pretty head strong and stubborn, she said she would think it over. But honestly I think the more time I give her will be more time for her head to convince her it’s a bad idea.”
“She’ll come around.” Cassie assured him. 
“I hope so.”
[.....]
Scene Eight:
2634 W. Parker St., Stone Creek. Callahan Condo’s #29
Taylor & Dizzy’s Condo.
PhotobucketHanding Gail Schmidt a glass of water, Dizzy smirked.
“That should keep you refreshed for a couple hours. I still haven’t been grocery shopping in awhile. The hours at the hospital are leaving me with little to no sleep.” She admitted.
Having her friends over her new place was a nice change though. Adrian Stone looked around and she caught the man’s eye as he did so. “Yes, I live with a guy and no I haven’t slept with him.” He arched an eyebrow. “I was just putting it out there.”
“I didn’t say anything.” Adrian scoffed.
Dizzy narrowed her gaze. “You didn’t need to.”
“It’s a nice place.” Gail spoke up, placing her glass on the counter. “I’m just glad we were able to get out of my father’s home. I feel like all I’ve been doing all day was resting. Do you know how long it takes for a second to pass? Because I keep falling asleep trying to count.”
“That bad?” Dizzy asked.
Gail nodded. “The place is almost done, Adrian has been working hard between watching me and working at the auto shop. How much longer honey?”
“Not too much.” Adrian replied, he sat on the couch and felt the cushion mold around his body. “Are you sure you haven’t slept with this Taylor guy yet?”
“Trust me, if I could I would!” Dizzy spat back. 
She then turned her attention back to Gail. “Besides being bored out of your mind, how are you holding up?”
“I keep having these nightmares that something is going to happen to the baby and I can’t do anything to stop it from happening.” Gail admitted, she looked up at Dizzy. “I know you are doing your best by monitoring my child’s health. There’s just this feeling I get-”
“The baby is going to be fine.” Both women turned around to see Adrian leaning against the wall of the kitchen. His arms folded and hands tucked under his arms. “Dizzy already told us that she is going to keep her eye on our baby and I trust her.”
Gail shook her head. “I know.”
Dizzy sighed, taking a seat in front of Gail. “The best thing you can do right now is try not to think about the bad things. Keep yourself active, make sure you drink enough liquids and don’t put any stress on yourself. That means work and the house need to be put on hold for the time being.”
“Your child is going to be just fine.” Dizzy added.
[.....]
Scene Nine:
2300 Cranberry St., Stone Creek. Stone Creek Apartments #18
Bentley & Ryan’s Apartment.
Greta Wilkinson looked at the beer her brother handed her, then placed it back on the counter. “My little brother is engaged and yet he still doesn’t understand that you cannot get drunk this early in the day.”
Photobucket“Relax, we’re not getting drunk!” Bentley replied, he popped open his beer and then handed it to his sister while he opened the one she discarded and made it his own. “We are just basking in the fact that we are finally moving our lives forward.”
She raised a brow. “We’re celebrating!”
“Do you remember when I had asked you if I should move in with Miles the first time and you told me to do it?” Bentley recalled the night that their grandmother crashed into the bar. “I think that was a mistake and now that he has asked me again, I’m not too sure.”
“I keep having flashbacks to when I was younger.” Greta sat down at the counter and grabbed the beer her brother offered. She placed it to her lips, but didn’t take a sip, instead she looked at Bentley. “I keep having flashbacks to when mother’s ex. boyfriend kidnapped me.”
Bentley’s eyes grew. “Rodney Burnett?”
“Greta, you should probably talk to mom and dad about that or maybe even Mrs. Nelson about it.” Although he didn’t remember any of the attack since he wasn’t even born yet. But he did know that Rodney was a disturbed man and caused a lot of harm to their family.
“Is this part of the reason why you can’t move in with Miles?” She shook her head. “Miles isn’t going to hurt you Greta, he is a good man. If anything, Miles Fowler would protect you from anything and anybody who would try to harm you.”
“Relationships shouldn’t be a hard as I make them out to be, should they?”
He chuckled, finding it humorous that there was finally one thing he was better at than his sister. Although he did feel bad that she had to go through the horror that was Rodney Burnett. The man nearly killed Greta and was the reason that Bentley was born in a cabin and not the hospital.
“Miles is a good man, maybe you should open up to him about this?”
Greta looked at her brother, unsure.
[.....]
Scene Ten:
505 Auburn Rd., Stone Creek. “Thurlow Cottage”
James, Caitlyn & Aidan’s Home.
“I had spent months putting my past behind me James, I know this isn’t any of your business and I appreciate everything that you have done for me so far. But you should have seen her, Lucy Hahn knew I was there and she seemed to be mocking me.”
James Thurlow entered the Living Room and checked to make sure no one was in there as well. He had indeed helped Frank Nelson out the first time they had to cover-up his affair with Lucy. James remembered creating a position for her in the Sunset Valley Division of his company.
But to have Lucy headed for Stone Creek. “That’s just crazy Frank, maybe it was someone who looked like her! Besides you have no proof that Lucy is headed to Stone Creek. She has no family here, the only ties to this city she had were to you!”
“She did have a few friends here.” Caitlyn Thurlow spoke from the door.
James covered the phone. “Caitlyn-”
But she waved him off, taking a seat in the room she listened to the conversation. “Frank, I’ll look into it if you want me to. Maybe she is just visiting family out in California? Meadow’s Range is a cheap Airport, maybe she is just trying to save money?”
“Who is the little bot I saw her with?”
“I don’t know who the kid is.” James replied. “Just try to have a good time with your family and I will keep alert to things here in Stone Creek. I have to go, Caitlyn just walked in the front door. Don’t worry about a thing.”
“That’s easy for you to say!”
James sighed, saying his goodbyes he looked up at Caitlyn. “We have another crisis.”
“Just in time for the holidays.” Caitlyn pointed out.
[.....]
Scene Eleven:
2634 W. Parker St., Stone Creek. Callahan Condo’s #15
Marina, Cassie & Lucian’s Condo.
PhotobucketMarina Thurlow settled into the couch with the bags of gifts she finally decided on. Taking a moment to take a deep breath before she began wrapping the presents, she looked at her best friend Cassie who was playing with her son, Lucian Lakhani.
“It was nice of Kirsten to watch him.” Marina pointed out. 
Cassie Lakhani nodded. She then looked at all the boxes they laid out in front of them. “I’m just glad that we are back home so we can get started wrapping all these presents. Maybe once Lucian is old enough he can start helping us wrap presents instead of making messes.”
“We can put a little elf hat on him.”
“That would work.” Cassie nibbled, her attention locking on the ringing doorbell. “The moment we settle down to business someone decides to come over? Hide the presents!”
Marina looks at Cassie confused, she then lifts Lucian up and carries him into her room with her. Giving Cassie the assumption that her best friend would rather just hide herself instead. So Cassie went to answer the door. “Mac, what are you doing here?”
“I haven’t seen you in awhile. I just wanted to step by and see how you were doing.” He replied, taking note that Cassie wasn’t inviting him inside. “Could we talk about us? I just wanted to know if there could be an us? If we could get together. Or, well-”
She sighed. “I can’t do this Mac.”
“But you were so willing to before.”
“Things changed.” Cassie watched as he frowned. There was a part of her that wanted it to be easy. A part of her that wanted Mac Kern to be her boyfriend but she knew that doing what was best for Lucian meant thinking about Clifton’s proposal.
Cassie knew the only thing she could do was distance herself from Mac, if only to heal her own heart.
[.....]
Scene Twelve:
2634 W. Parker St., Stone Creek. Callahan Condo’s #12
Miles’ Condo.
Opening the door to his apartment, Miles Fowler was surprised to see his girlfriend Greta Wilkinson standing there. He was even more surprised that she had a couple suitcases with her. How she could wheel the suitcases up the stairs was beyond him.
But he was grateful to see her. Rubbing his groggily eyes, he moved out of the way. “Does this mean that you are accepting my offer to move back in?”
Greta looked at Miles. “I’ve made some stupid mistakes because I was afraid of making mistakes. I couldn’t stand there and not accept your offer Miles. I know I’ve been pretty difficult this whole time. But there are still a few things you don’t know about me.”
Miles wheeled the last of her suitcases into the Condo. “We have plenty of time for that.”
“Do we?”
“Are you going to leave again if things get tough?” He asked.
She shook her head. “Not this time, not anymore.”
“Good.” Then he smiled. “I’m really glad that you are back here. When I was at your office the other day I saw that you were actually living out of it. You do know that if you didn’t agree to come back here, I would have placed a couple rats in that office of yours.”
Greta scoffed. “You wouldn’t!”
“Would it have made you move back in?”
Taking a seat on the couch, she shook her head. “It would have made me move in with Bentley.”
“That bad?”
She bit her lip. “I was just confused Miles.”
He chuckled. “For a smart girl, you do seem to get confused a lot.”
Greta leaned in for a kiss, which Miles willingly let her do. He knew that she was the one he was supposed to spend the rest of his life with. Having her back in the Condo was a sign that things would change for the better in the future. Miles pulled Greta onto his lap.
Their lips, biting.
A small chuckle and a slip of the tongue. “It’s you, I’ve been waiting for.”
“It’s you.”
[.....]
Next Time, On Concrete Shelves
  • Christmas takes over Stone Creek.
  • Dizzy and Mac brainstorm about Cassie.
  • Caitlyn stumbles onto someone else’s secret.
  • Things take a turn for the worse...
Previous Episode | Home | Forum | Next Episode ]