Friday, November 4, 2011

Shadow

Previously, On Concrete Shelves
  • Caitlyn agreed to a restraining order if she felt threatened.
  • Patrick was made aware that he had competition.
  • Helen insisted that Dizzy find another place to stay.
  • Clifton accepted Cassie’s relationship with Mac...
[.....]
Photobucket
[.....]
Scene One:
Sage Gardens.
Alice’s Haven Cafe.
Photobucket“Everything is set up in the kitchen.” Caitlyn Thurlow called out as she entered the dinning area of the Cafe. Her red cape, flowing behind her. She found Diem, Kirsten and Megan in the midst of putting the young girls costume on, Caitlyn smiled sweetly.
Kirsten Sutton shook her head. “I thought I asked you to put the costume on earlier?”
Her attention on Megan Sutton who stubbornly stood in her school uniform. “I tried to get her into it when you went to check on the food. But she has a couple of ideas of her own and a princess isn’t one of them.” Diem Joplin said. “Why don’t you tell your mom what you told me?”
“I want to be an accountant for Halloween.” Megan articulated.
Kirsten frowned. “Wha-uhm?” Looking up at a smiling Diem, the girl's mother was at a loss for words. “I don’t even know how to dress one of those. I thought you wanted to be a princess like you were last year.”
Megan shrugged. 
“Well, how about you go with Diem into the Kitchen and see if you can find some cookies? Maybe I can scavenge around our house for a couple things we can use to make you look like an accountant?” Kirsten watched as Diem Joplin, dressed as a witch, walked with Megan into the Kitchen.
“What am I going to do?” Kirsten sighed, she caught sight of Little Red Riding-hood and frowned. “What am I supposed to do?” She chuckled.
Caitlyn smirked, “I think she’s growing up to be a very aware young lady and that is all thanks to you. If it makes you feel any better, everything seems to be going flawlessly in the kitchen so you can focus a little more of your time on trying to find the right costume for Megan.”
“Thank you Caitlyn, for everything.” Kirsten hugged her step-mother. “I just think she’s growing up a little too fast. Who wants to be an accountant at Seven years old?”
“I recall someone wanting to fly around the world at ten.” Adrian Stone spoke from the doorway. Both women turned to spot him entering the Cafe with a couple boxes in his hands. “I was gathering some things from upstairs when I couldn’t help but hear, an accountant?”
Kirsten shook her head. “Apparently princess’ are out this year.”
“I’m going to go check on Megan.” Caitlyn announced.
“Before you go Caitlyn, I wanted to talk to you about something.” Kirsten stopped her, holding her hands. “Well, actually I wanted to thank you for taking my father’s feelings into consideration and agreeing to the restraining order. Even if it’s not put into effect just yet, it really means a lot to me.”
Caitlyn smirked, she then looked at Adrian as he was placing the box into the bed of his truck. “I didn’t do it to save my marriage Kirsten, I did it because it is the right thing. Your father and I would have survived either way. We have more invested in each other than that.”
“I know.” Kirsten replied, she then let Caitlyn walk off into the kitchen. Turning on her heel she joined Adrian outside and watched as he packed a couple things. “It’s sad to see you go.”
Photobucket“I’m not moving across the country, Kirby.” Adrian reminded her. “Besides you have your hands full here with Halloween parties and little princess’ that want to be accountants. I’m really happy to have a full plate of my own with Gail being pregnant.”
Kirsten gave her old friend a hug. “I’m glad you’re back in town, you don’t know how much I’ve missed having someone here that I could talk to. With everything going on and trying to keep both business’ afloat. My mother has declared this year repair her relationships with her children.”
“Helen Schmidt is trying to get into your good graces again?” Adrian scoffed in bemusement.
“I shouldn’t trust her, should I?” She asked cautiously.
Adrian smirked, nudging her shoulder. “You’re always so cautious around others. Kirby I think maybe you should just take a deep breath and cherish that you have an amazing family that only wants the best for you. If that doesn’t help we always have Cuttlebone Lake.”
Kirsten chuckled, remembering their childhood.
[.....]
Scene Two:
980 Cutler St., Stone Creek. Faustino Cottages # 10
Natalie & Amanda’s Home.
PhotobucketLaying naked in Natalie Marlowe’s bed, he found himself thinking back to his conversation with Amanda the other day. There was something about the blonde and her vagueness that intrigued Ryan Bauer and lately, it was something that helped him maintain his cool when Natalie started talking about anything other than sex.
“Where does Amanda work, besides modeling?”
Natalie turned towards Ryan, she thought for a moment but then shrugged. “I never really asked. She just seemed to pick up a second job after we talked about needing more money. I honestly don’t even care, she brings home a lot of money because of it.”
Ryan perked up.
“I can’t stand him.” Natalie grumbled, going back to the topic she was on before Ryan had interrupted her. “Oliver thinks he can do and say whatever he wants. He never takes my ideas into consideration, if it wasn’t for the pay, I don’t think I would put up with him.”
“He is your boss, right?”
She rolled her eyes. “I’m his assistant, yes.”
The two of them laid in bed in silence for a couple more minutes. Ryan thinking about what he needed to do for the rest of the day, while Natalie was sure to have some wild idea in her head.
“I was invited to a Halloween party, I was wondering if you wanted to go.” There it was, Ryan thought. “But if you don’t really feel like celebrating Halloween it is fine with me. I would much rather just spend the whole day and night here in bed with you.”
Ryan smirked, nauseated with the idea. “I can’t, I have things that I need to do.”
He notices her pout. “How about we go another round so that you can have something to think about all day?” Ryan began to kiss her neck, slowly making his way down. “I can come back tonight around midnight, possibly? How about now I just give you a treat of your own.”
Natalie agreed as she felt Ryan’s lips make his way between her legs.
[.....]
Scene Three:
341 Wallow St., Stone Creek. “Schmidt Home”
Helen & David’s Home.
It was complete irony. 
PhotobucketHelen Schmidt could taste it at the tip of her tongue and for the first time in awhile she didn’t know if opening her mouth was the right thing to do. She had spent months believing that Gail was the problem and then a couple of weeks pinning after Dizzy. But in the end, she felt a bigger distance from her husband.
The house, as cozy as it always felt to her was empty now. Helen stood against the sink with her morning coffee in her hands while David Schmidt read the newspaper. “Kirsten invited us to the Halloween party they are throwing at Alice’s Haven Cafe.”
“Did they now?” David asked, distance in his voice. “That is very generous of them.”
She stirred her coffee, trying another approach. “Yeah, I have been spending more time with Megan lately. When I’m not at work that is. She’s growing up to be an interesting young lady. I thought it would be nice if we could both show up to the party, for her.”
This got a response. David folded his paper and looked up at Helen, challenging her to the point of the conversation. “I really don’t think that’s a good idea.”
Helen slumped her shoulders. “Why not?”
“Do you really want a room full of our friends seeing us at our worst?” David scoffed, he fixed his tie and then lifted himself up from the table. “I don’t know where you are leading this conversation Helen. But I don’t think I have the time or the will power to stay and find out.”
“Everything has to be a fight between us now, does it?” She barked.
David smirked. “At least we are getting somewhere. This whole issue, Helen, has to do with us and I’m not too sure if you realize that! This was never to do with Gail and Adrian coming back to Stone Creek and god knows it had nothing to do with Dizzy over staying her welcome.”
“Then what is it about?” She challenged.
“It’s about us.” He insisted, pushing his chair in, David stood before his wife. “For years we worked because neither of us wanted to face that our marriage was fabricated out of the fact that we had nobody on our side from day one. We carried on an affair Helen!”
Helen knew this, she shrugged at his bringing up their past. 
“Sometimes I believe that we never considered the long run.” He sighed, rubbing her shoulder. “Our marriage is falling apart because the thing that brought us together has finally lost its fuel. We have worked our way back into society and there is nothing to keep us bonded like before.”
“So what do you expect us to do?”
He shrugged. “We will continue fighting unless we start working out a plan. I’ve spent the last couple of years letting you control where our marriage would steer and quite frankly I’m sick and tired of it Helen! If you want to stay married to me, then we need to do things my way for once.”
There it was, Helen knew it was coming. Simply she sighed, watching as David made-up his mind about continuing the conversation and prepared to exit the kitchen. She knew that compromise was something they needed to do but Helen didn’t know if it was in her to do so.
---
Our love. Our fights. Our friendships.
On Concrete Shelves.
Forever, they shall be remembered.
---
Scene Four:
Now Town.
Halloween Store.
Photobucket“On three!” Emily Roscoe called out to the man in the fitting room next to her. She tried her hardest to hold back her laughter when Bentley Wilkinson asked her to try on costumes with him. Their goal was to pick-out a costume for themselves without telling the other and then revealing it after trying it on.
She listened as Bentley counted up and once he hit three she burst out of the fitting room in an Amelia Earhart costume. Spinning around for Bentley to see, Emily stopped when she noticed her boyfriends costume. This wouldn’t work, he was dressed as a pirate. “How original.”
Bentley frowned. “At least people will know what I am!”
Emily rolled her eyes. “Are you kidding me? I’m Amelia Earhart! Everyone knows who she is. Would you rather me give into the americanized stereotypical degrading sexist costume of a half-clothed police officer or a sexy playboy bunny?”
“Yes!”
“You are walking a thin line mister.” She scowled. 
PhotobucketClosing the space between them, Bentley wrapped his arms around Emily. “Why can’t we just compromise? You should be a sexy pirate.”
“So that I can act as your counter-part? As much as I love you Captain Jack Sparrow, I can’t be an accessory to your outfit and I think it’s degrading that you think that I should give up my choice of honoring a woman who broke boundaries for women everywhere.”
“I was simply saying-”
Emily shook her head. “No! You were being insensitive to how I perceive Halloween. It’s not all about dressing up and trying to score the night’s ‘Sexiest Costume’ contest so guys can go home a have wet dreams about me. Halloween is about being something that truly inspires you.”
“I will never be able to fly a plane, but for one night I can pretend like I was the first woman to change the perspective of many.” She sighed as Bentley leaned in closer to her. She pouted as she knew he was itching for a kiss and that she would give into the kiss very soon.
“I love you.” Bentley spoke.
Taken back, Emily blushed. “I love you too. I’m still not changing my costume!”
Bentley laughed. “Alright.”
[.....]
Scene Five:
745 W. Lavender St., Stone Creek. “Old Granger Manor”
Damien & Gillian’s Home.
PhotobucketHe knocked on the door as the cold air bit at his nose. It was finally showing signs of Autumn and Patrick Sutton was sure it was way too soon. Had he not been informed of Damien Crenshaw stepping into the race against him, he would never step foot near this place.
The Manor was one of nightmares. Told stories of the past residents that bore tragedies inside of its walls, he shuddered to think of all the reasons why anyone would reside in it. Then the door opened and revealed his daughter, Gillian Sutton.
She leaned against the door, blocking Patrick from allowing himself inside. “What are you doing here?”
“I came to see that fiancée of yours.” Patrick huffed, pushing his weight around. He remembered when Gillian was a little girl and her favorite things were clothes and vacations to the Bahamas. Now she was on the arm of one of his rivals.
Gillian crossed her arms, still blocking the entrance. “Well since this is unexpected I would really like to know exactly why you want to talk to Damien, dad. You owe me that much.”
“Patrick.” Damien Crenshaw greeted from behind Gillian. He held the woman in his arms and stepped closer to her father. “Didn’t think I would be seeing you around here anytime soon. Did that boy of yours tell you the good news about the election?”
Patrick narrowed his eyes. “How dare you try to run against me!”
The blonde looked up at her fiancée but didn’t say a word, she had no idea he was running.
“It’s a fair race Patrick, as long as you want to keep it that way.” Damien kissed Gillian on the forehead. “Now if you’ll excuse me I have a couple of things I need to take care of, you understand?” He didn’t give Patrick much time to respond as Damien disappeared back inside.
Patrick locked his eyes on Gillian. “You get that man to drop out of the race.”
“No!” Gillian spat, recovering from the initial shock. “I want you to know that although I love you and my mother, I stand behind Damien one-hundred percent daddy. There’s no way you can convince me to do otherwise because when I needed a place to go, he took me in.”
Excusing herself from the conversation she shut the door on Patrick. It broke her hear to confront her father the way she did. But Gillian realized that no matter how hard she tried there would be no way to get her father’s blessing to marry Damien. Especially after today.
[.....]
Scene Six:
507 Auburn Rd., Stone Creek. “Wilkinson Cottage”
Gideon, Daphne & Penelope’s Home.
“Trick-or-treat!” The little pirate squeaked as he held out his pillow case.
PhotobucketDaphne Wilkinson tossed an apple and a bag of baked chips into his bag. This caused the little boy to look into the bag defeated. She looked up at Penelope Wilkinson who shook her head and tossed a couple candies into his pillow case, much to Daphne’s dismay.
“Thank you!” He squealed and galloped away.
She sighed. “Since when did children stop appreciating healthy treats for Halloween? I don’t even remember the last time I actually sat down and had any candy.”
Penelope chuckled. “Maybe that’s the problem. You need to live a little.”
“I’m a neurosurgeon, I think I live enough at the hospital. Speaking of, how are you doing? I heard David talking about you going through your next round of tests soon. He told me that these could be the ones we’ve all been waiting for to confirm that you’re in full remission.”
The older woman sighed. “I thought I would care, but honestly, I don’t at this point. Not to the extent of finding out if I’m in remission or not. I’d just rather focus my attention on other things until the tests come in and confirm that I’m okay.”
“So in other words, not holding your hopes?”
Penelope nodded. “You’re not as bad as I always thought you were.”
“Thanks!” Daphne chuckled, she sat next to Penelope on the couch. She had agreed to stay home with the older woman and pass out candy to the children. Although they were certain to end up at the Halloween party later that night at the Cafe.
She had to admit that it was nice to spend time with Penelope, even if it was for her to watch the woman’s behavior. “I’m really glad to be a part of this family Penelope. I know we had our differences before, but now I feel like we can move forward and raise my grandchildren together.”
“Don’t hold your breath.” Penelope replied. “I am not raising anymore children!”
[.....]
Scene Seven:
2634 W. Parker St., Stone Creek. Callahan Condos #15
Marina, Cassie & Lucian’s Home.
Photobucket“What are you doing?” Marina asked, stopping in her tracks and looking at her best friend. 
Cassie frowned. “I’m attempting to put Lucian in his costume. But every time I get one hand in he takes the other out. The same with his feet. It’s like he doesn’t want to be an iPhone. I mean really, what kid doesn’t want to be an iPhone?”
Her friend chuckled. “He has no idea what technology is yet.” 
Grabbing Lucian’s hand, she helped Cassie get the boy into his costume. Then stood back to see their work, he did make a cute little iPhone, Marina had to admit. She then looked at herself in the mirror, today she was dressed up as Little Miss Muffet.
“Thanks for the help, did you want to car pool with us?” Cassie asked, holding Lucian in her arms. “Mac is on his way over, he wanted to come with us. I hope you don’t mind that I invited him to your families party. He really doesn’t have anywhere else to go for Halloween.”
Marina nodded. “That’s fine, you know the more the merrier. Besides Mac is a good guy. He will be a good addition at the party.”
She turned to look at Cassie Lakhani who was dressed as a fifties beauty. “But I am going to have to pass on the carpool, I was thinking of heading over to Ian’s right now. I asked him to join me at the party as well, so I was going to help him with his costume.”
“Which is?”
Marina frowned. “I don’t know yet.”
“Well maybe you should go find out!” Cassie announced, she placed Lucian back down on the couch and helped Marina grab her things. “You wouldn’t want to keep Ian waiting, do you?”
“Are you trying to get rid of me?” Marina asked, turning to Cassie.
The brunette shrugged. “Do I have a reason to? Besides I was the one who asked you to carpool with me but you turned me down. I’m going to sulk and care to my bruised heart while you’re gone! I hope you feel good about your actions towards me.”
Marina scoffed, turning to Cassie and giving her a hug. “You’re so dramatic! Have fun with Mac and I shall see the three of you at the party later, right?”
“Yes!” Cassie called out, she shut the door behind Marina and headed back towards Lucian when the doorbell cried for her attention. “Did you forget to leave me the razorblades so I could put myself out of the misery of having a broken heart?”
Her mouth opened in embarrassment when Mac appeared on the other end of the door. “I thought you were Marina.”
“Oh,” He concluded. “Well in that case, no, I don’t have any razorblades to lend your broken heart. But I do have a bag full of candies that I scored down the block for being the cutest prince charming around. Really though, I did just go trick-or-treating.”
Cassie couldn’t help but smile. Looking at Mac she finally felt like she could fall for him without having to worry about what Clifton Briggs had to say. She was just glad that everything was falling into place and that Clifton gave her his blessing.
Then she heard a thud from behind them and the cry of her son. Her face drained of color when she realized she had left him on the couch. Falling to his side she picked the crying baby up, her eyes glued to a blood stain on the carpet. Cassie began to panic, finding Mac by her side and taking over the situation.
[.....]
Scene Eight:
Cuttlebone Lake
Lakeside Inn; Lobby
Aidan Jurado felt like he was finally fitting in somewhere. 
PhotobucketStepping off the elevator he made his way into the Lobby of The Lakeside Inn, it wasn’t somewhere that he was used to working. Although business was usually the same, he was used to working as head of security for Thurlow-Jurado Overseas and now to be working as Charlie Sutton’s assistant.
The conversation he just had with Charlie about the campaign was one to bring his spirits up. He didn’t think that he would be on top of a high profile event so suddenly. Aidan’s smile caught the sight of a woman lingering the Lobby. Slowly he came to a stop.
She was gorgeous, her high heels clanked against the stone floor as she spun around in a circle, confused. The blonde hair was pinned-up in an old fashioned bun. Then he arched his eyebrow, the outfit that she picked out seemed very fitting for Halloween. 
Or that of a hooker.
“Can I help you?” He asked, walking up to her.
The woman smiled, embarrassed with having to reply. “I haven’t stepped foot in here before. I always figured I was too poor to even sit down on one of the chairs over there.” She pointed with her lengthy arms.
Aidan gulped. She was a hooker. “Well, the Inn has accommodations for all sorts of guests. If you like, I can help you get a room set up for you? Will you be staying for the night or maybe hosting a party in celebration of Halloween, perhaps?”
She bites her lip. “I’m actually here for a private party that I’m working.”
Sweat started to perspire, he wiped his forehead. He never met a woman so stunning as her, licking his lips he didn’t know how he was going to escort her out without feeling like an asshole. Charlie had been clear that hookers weren’t allowed on premises. It made the business look bad.
Aidan could tell she had noticed that he was uncomfortable already. With a smile the woman stepped closer to Aidan. “You’re cute as a button, I have an extra invite to this party upstairs if you wanted to join me later? It would be my pleasure if you would join me.” She teased.
He took a card with the room number and smiled nervously.
Before he could do anything else, the woman spins on her heel and walks away. Only turning her head back to him with a smile once she made it to the elevators. As much as Aidan wanted to follow through on Charlie’s rules, he just couldn’t find it in himself to throw her out.
[.....]
Scene Nine:
Sage Gardens
Alice’s Haven Cafe
Caitlyn Thurlow watched as Megan Sutton attempted to get her grandfather to teach her the monster mash as the music blared in the Cafe. She couldn’t help but chuckle at how much fun they were having and how much she truly missed her own baby girl.
She took a deep breath, although she wished there was a way that Caitlyn could have been there for Danielle, she knew that he daughter had died a long time ago. Sometimes she pretended that Danielle was alive, making up stories of where the girls life would take her. But most of the time, Caitlyn let it go.
There had been so much going on in the last couple years, that times like tonight were few.
“It’s good to see them two together.” Kirsten Sutton spoke, stepping next to Caitlyn as they watched the two of them dance. They then burst out laughing when Megan was able to con others into joining; mainly Diem Joplin, Daphne Wilkinson and Bentley Wilkinson.
Although Caitlyn had a feeling that it wouldn’t have been too hard to convince Bentley to join the shenanigans. “You’ve thrown a really good party.” Caitlyn looks around at all the people in the room and is comforted to be around people that she cares about.
Then she see’s him, Damien Crenshaw, staring back at her with a devious smile.
“I’m just really happy to have everyone here.” Kirsten replied, looking at Caitlyn’s horrified face. But when she peered out at what Caitlyn was looking at there was nothing there. “Are you alright Caitlyn? You look like you just saw a ghost.”
Caitlyn caught her breath. “Wouldn’t be the first time tonight.”
Off to the side, Marina Thurlow tried to make her way through the party and away from the noise of the DJ, “Wait, what happened Cassie? Is everything alright with Lucian? What did the doctor say about the cut on the back of his head?”
The sheer panic in Marina’s voice was met by the reassurance on Cassie’s end. “Of course,” she sighed taking a deep breath. “No, Kirsten will understand that you need to take care of Lucian. Are you sure that you don’t want me to go and stay by your side?”
Marina peered around the room, looking for Ian Kiefer. 
“Oh Mac is still there? Well if you insist then I will stay here. I just want you to give me a status update when you get a chance! I worry about you and that little boy as well.” Marina smiled. “I love you! I’m so happy that he is alright and it makes me feel better that Mac is there with you.”
Photobucket“Mommy!” Megan Sutton sang as she ran up to Kirsten. She was dressed in a princess costume with glasses on and a pocket protector clipped onto her dress. It was the closest thing that Kirsten could think of to make her look like an accountant princess. “Did you see us?”
Kirsten laughed. “Yes! I saw everything and I want to tell you that I’m so proud of my princess accountant.”
“She is a spitting image of you.” James replied, walking up behind his granddaughter. “So ambitious.”
“It was grandma’s idea!” Megan told them, she fixed her glasses and looked between James and Kirsten. “Grandma Helen took me to work with her the other day and I just watched her in her very important meeting. I want to be just like her when I grow up.”
Kirsten gulped, her mother didn’t tell her about this extracurricular activity. “Honey, your grandmother isn’t an accountant.”
[.....]
Scene Ten:
Stone Creek Memorial Hospital
Emergency Room
Watching as her baby slept in her arms, Cassie Lakhani looked up at her companion and smiled. “Thank you so much for being here with me. I can’t tell you how much it means to have someone here while I pretty much thought up every scenario I could think of.”
PhotobucketMac rubbed her shoulder. “I’m happy to be here. Besides I made a commitment to be with you during Halloween, how shitty would it be of me to just walk away after I brought you here to the hospital. The good thing is that Lucian is alright.”
“Just a scrape.” Cassie sighed. “But think if it was something more.”
“It wasn’t.” 
She could feel his presence get closer to her, letting her walls fall, Cassie smiled at him. She was really happy to have him by her side when she needed someone the most. Cassie held onto Mac’s hand and leaned against him. For the first time she allowed herself to let Mac into her head.
He was slowly becoming a big part of her life and Lucian’s as well. “When I was younger we spent so much time in the emergency room because my brother seemed to always break a body part. There was one time when he convinced me to hold a camera while he skated off the railing at our school.”
“What happened?”
“His skateboard collided with me and we both ended up in the hospital.” Mac responded, they chuckled. “Our mother was so pissed off at us. Not because we didn’t make good decision, she knew we were kids. She was mad because she couldn’t stand the thought of losing us.”
Cassie offered him a sympathetic look. “Well I’m glad that you are here now. You’ve made me feel comfortable with this whole situation.”
“Cassie?” Clifton Briggs called out, storming over to them. He looked down at Lucian and sighed when he found the baby boy still breathing and sleeping. He then looked between Cassie and Mac. “What the hell happened Cassie? Why didn’t you even call me?”
“I’m sorry, I was just so panicked I guess it slipped my mind!”
Mac held onto Lucian as the two went off to the side to talk. Clifton looked back at Lucian to make sure that Mac wasn’t going to hurt him before he returned to Cassie. “I had to find out from Marina that you guys where here in the hospital.”
“I should have called you, that’s my fault!” Cassie responded. “But Lucian is alright now and the doctors said I could take him home after I fill out a couple papers. I know I made the mistake of not calling you, it’s just that-that with Mac being here I sort of-”
“Forgot about me.” Clifton spat, he turned away from Cassie, trying to hide his anger. 
[.....]
Scene Eleven:
Cuttlebone Lake
Lakeside Inn
Closing his eyes, Aidan Jurado made his way to the party he was invited to. It took him awhile, but he realized the best thing to do was break up the party before anything got out of hand. He knew that Charlie would do it if he was in his shoes and he didn’t want to disappoint him.
The room was one of the suites at the top of the building, of course it would be someone from the higher society using the room for sexual deeds. He thought of everything that could be going on inside, the women who were half clothed. The men who were enjoying themselves.
Knocking on the door he was surprised to find a blond woman in a nurse’s outfit opening the door with a giggle. “What kind of costume is that? Are you a stripper?” She slurred as she moved out of the way to let Aidan in.
He found it humorous that the girl thought he was a stripper, although he was dressed in a grey suit. Aidan looked around the room, there was no sign of foul play in the room. It seemed like an expensive and over-the-top costume party with various party-goers around the room.
Aidan then caught a glimpse of the woman from the Lobby, she was behind the bar. Stepping up to her he smiled as they made eye-contact. “So you’re a bartender?”
Photobucket“Yup, not a prostitute.” She explained, smiling in amusement. “I find that I make more tips by showing more skin and since this is a Halloween party I just figured that I would go all out tonight. I usually bartend at Shenanigan’s nightclub in Sage Gardens.”
He nodded. “I’ve heard of the place.”
The girl chuckled. “You’re cute when you’re nervous. My name’s Amanda by the way.”
“Aidan.” He greeted, looking around the place. Feeling relaxed by the fact that he didn’t have to bust anybody tonight. Looking at Amanda he felt like he knew her his whole life. There was something about her that made him blush. “It’s nice to meet you Amanda.”
“Nice to meet you as well Aidan.”
[.....]
Scene Twelve:
Sage Gardens
Alice’s Haven Cafe
Arriving at the Halloween party as Cruella De Ville, Helen Schmidt couldn’t help but peer around to see if her ex. husband was with his pathetic wife, Caitlyn. A part of her wanted them to be at each others throat so that she would feel her current marriage was normal.
Then she spotted her daughter, Kirsten, and made her way towards her. Both women meeting at the front of the Cafe. “I’m so glad that you invited me Kirsten. I enjoy anytime I can get with my granddaughter. I just wish that David was able to come, but he had to work.”
Kirsten narrowed her eyes. “Spending time with your granddaughter? Maybe next time I should get your meetings monitored because quite frankly I don’t think I can actually trust you! How could you take her to one of your meetings at work?”
“It’s not that big of a deal.” Helen spoke.
“It is!” Her daughter barked. “I don’t want my daughter seeing that side of you Helen. I don’t want her to be exposed to the cutthroat way of business right now. You took her into a business meeting about swimsuit models and anorexic perfect girls.”
“Please, it was hardly that.”
“I don’t care.” Kirsten replied. “You were supposed to focus your attention on taking care of Megan and what happened? When something more important came along you just packed her up and took her for the ride! The last time you did that we thought Marina was missing!”
Helen grumbled. “Fine, I won’t do it again.”
“No, you won’t.” Kirsten shook her head, turning away from her mother.
PhotobucketGail Schmidt watched the fight between Kirsten and Helen, then she turned to Adrian and kissed him. “I’m just glad that she is out of our hair for the time being. Can you believe that we have had to deal with that woman for so long? But now it’s just the two of us.”
“Yeah.” Adrian replied, dancing with his girlfriend. “Can you believe that we are finally happy Gail? I’m glad that you are here with me at this party, dancing. I’m glad that you are carrying my child and that we will have our own home soon to start our lives.”
She leaned against him with a smile. But then something happened, she stopped in place and rested her body against Adrian’s. Something was wrong as she attempted to grab her head and keep her bearings, Gail failed, slipping down Adrian’s body and falling onto the floor.
“Gail!” Adrian screamed, crumbling to the floor at her side.
Daphne Wilkinson ran to the woman’s side while Penelope pulled Adrian to the side. Everyone inside the Cafe parted down the middle of the floor, the music stopped and all eyes were on Gail Schmidt who remained motionless on the floor.
Outside Caitlyn Thurlow was oblivious to what was going on inside. After her imagining Damien at the party, she tried to keep herself from falling apart. But then she kept seeing him and needed to get out. Catching her breath, she let the wind pick her coat up and watched as it swayed around her.
Then she saw him again, across the street. 
Damien Crenshaw smiled deviously at her as she stepped back. He waived her way, which made Caitlyn clutch her chest, how was she going to escape him now? There was only one thing to do. Caitlyn closed her eyes and took a deep breath, then she turned back to the chaos inside.
[.....]
Next Time, On Concrete Shelves
  • Gail gets news about her child.
  • The Debate begins.
  • Natalie begins to fret her relationship with Ryan.
  • Helen thinks about her past...
Previous Episode | Home | Forum | Next Episode ]