Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Leave the Pieces

Previously, On Concrete Shelves
  • Diem suggested that Emily was Danielle.
  • Lucy planned to win back Frank Nelson.
  • James told Caitlyn about Danielle.
  • David asked for a divorce...
[.....]
Photobucket
[.....]
PhotobucketScene One:
Stone Creek; Now Town
Joplin & Maverick Law Firm; Conference Room
David Schmidt had been around Stone Creek his entire life, although he did leave for a couple years to finish his schooling. Even then, he spent a lot of time in the small town and watched it become a blossoming city. So it was safe to say he knew William Maverick’s reputation.
Now William was back in town and he was sitting across from him at the table with Helen Schmidt. Trying to settle their divorce as neatly as they could. David worried that Helen would try to take something that wasn’t hers. He sat with his lawyer, Melinda Lombardi, waiting for the moment.
“Fair Enough,” William spoke, breaking David out of his concentration.
William flipped a page and smiled at Helen. “My client is fine with not receiving any money from Dr. Schmidt, but we must explain,” He began.
David took a deep breath. There was something not right about this whole meeting, it marked the first time he had seen Helen in days. She had kept herself hidden away in a hotel somewhere in Stone Creek, possibly with William as her roommate.
PhotobucketThis whole day seemed like it was going his way, which was something that David wasn’t used to. There was always something that Helen wanted and when William admitted that she didn’t want any money, it worried him. It was very unlike Helen to be so-
“My client wants the house.”
David locked eyes with Helen’s. “No!”
“After everything that she has been through, especially after the affair was brought to light,” William remarked, “Mrs. Schmidt was labelled in a terrible way while Dr. David Schmidt went on living his life. It was also his daughter that caused Helen much stress, she deserves the house.”
He knew they were up to something. “That house belonged to me and my late wife, Monica.”
“I want the house.” Helen declared, eyes full of anger. “I didn’t ask for this divorce David, in fact I wanted to make our marriage work. But you had already went ahead and asked for a divorce. So I ask for nothing from you other than the house.”
“This wasn’t part of the original deal.” Melinda lawyer spoke up.
But he was too angry to hold back his next words, David looked at his soon-to-be ex. wife and all the memories they shared and although he loved her so, this was exactly why he was divorcing her. There was no compassion for anything that was no longer hers.

“Damn right this wasn’t apart of the original deal.” He snipped, “You don’t get this, you don’t deserve to get anything from me Helen. After all the shit you put me through, you deserve exactly what you came into the marriage with! Your daughter’s trust fund and Patrick Sutton’s connections!”
“I never slept with Patrick while we were married.” She replied.
David shook it off, getting from his seat. “You didn’t have to, I knew you were in love with his power before I proposed to you. I figured that if I treated you like I had money, that you would marry me and forget about that bastard. But it looks like power is all you want.”
He shook his head, disappointedly. “You’re not getting my house Helen.”
Both their lawyers looked at each other wearily as Helen leaned forward. “I carried an affair with you behind my husband’s back, David. Maybe I didn’t sleep with Patrick, maybe I did want his money. None of that matters. The point is, I tarnished my reputation in this community for you so I want some recognition.”
Helen leaned back and looked at David’s lawyer. “I want the house.”
[.....]
PhotobucketScene Two:
Stone Creek; Now Town
Joplin & Maverick Law Firm; Hallway
“Maybe we should let him have the house.” William Maverick spoke up, he leaned against a wall in the hallway of Joplin & Maverick, the Law Firm that he had initially worked for. Being back in town brought back old feelings and he remembered trying to help David and Monica win a medical case before she died.
PhotobucketHe sighed. “Why do you want the house?”
“Because, William,” Helen folded her arms, “David is divorcing me and I’m not going to get anything else out of this but another failed marriage.”
Helen turned away from him, defeated. “What else am I supposed to do?”
William smirked. “So you’re hurt?”
“No.” She stepped away from William and looked out at the view of the city. Although she wasn’t born in Stone Creek, she had always considered it her home. Especially after dropping out of college and leaving her old life--as the daughter of a famous director--behind.
“I’m pissed.”
He snickered again. “Well then maybe we should up our game? I don’t think I’ll ever understand why you do the things that you do Helen, but I do respect you. David can hide behind his perfect career all her wants, but if you really want that house then I’ve got a plan.”
Photobucket“I’m listening.” Helen smirked, she turned to face William.
“Firstly,” He stepped up to her, “you cannot tell anyone what we are about to do. If word gets out about this, we will both lose our reputations in our respectful careers.”
“Who would I tell?” Helen shrugged. “Everyone in this damn town is either afraid of me or thinks I’m the big bad wolf. It doesn’t really help my social game when everyone thinks that I’m out to get them--not that they would be wrong.”
William patted her shoulder. “Well think of me as your newest friend.”
“You’re my oldest one.”
He shook his head. “You only asked me to represent you so that I would come to town and shake-up a few residents. How is my darling Diem doing, by the way?”
“You should ask her yourself.” Helen advised. “I’m not going to lie and say she wants to talk to you. Pretty sure old puppy dog eyes is still in love with James and wants to run you over with a bus. But you know, it would be amusing to see you mess with her head.”
“Not going there.” He snipped.
Helen cocked her head. “Still hold a torch?”
“Diem is the mother of my daughter and as far as she knows I’m turning my life around.” William replied, he looked Helen over. “Why do I get the feeling that it’s always the two of us that have to restart our lives while they get to continue pretending they’re perfect angels?”
“Nobody’s perfect.”
[.....]
PhotobucketScene Three:
505 Auburn Rd., Stone Creek. [Thurlow Cottage]
James & Caitlyn’s Cottage
Megan Sutton ran into her mother’s arms and hugged her happily. She had spent most of the morning with her grandfather as he prepared her to go back home with Kirsten and Charlie Sutton. For Megan, it had been a long time coming.
“Thanks for understanding.” James Thurlow greeted, he hugged his daughter and kissed Megan on the forehead. “I just don’t really have that much time right now to comfort Caitlyn and take care of Megan. I even have to attend work to watch over the company.”
Photobucket
Kirsten shook her head. “It’s fine daddy, having Megan back home is a good thing.”
“How is Charlene?”
“She’s doing fine. Just worry about Caitlyn and the DNA test and we can take care of everything here.” Kirsten put Megan down and the girl grabbed her backpack. “I can’t even imagine what Caitlyn is going through. After everything that that bastard put her through--now this?”
Kirsten looked past her father and looked at Caitlyn. “I’m sorry, I just don’t--how is she doing?”
“Caitlyn is still in shock, but I’m taking her to the hospital in a couple of minutes.” James told Kirsten. “Still can’t get her to talk or see Emily before we get the results for the DNA tests.”
“But Emily is still the same person she has always been.” She put her head down, saddened. “Have you told Caitlyn that Emily is the same person who would keep her company while you were at work? I’ve heard Caitlyn talk about Emily being like a second daughter sometimes.”
“I have too.” James admitted. “I guess it hurts too much to think that Emily just might be the daughter she had been missing all this time. Once these tests are finalized I am sure Caitlyn’s perspective will change about not talking to Emily. We just have to wait for the tests.”
Kirsten looked down at Megan. “I guess that is our cue to head out.”
After Kirsten ushered the little girl out, James turned to his wife. She had been sitting in the same spot for the last couple of hours. He had heard her get up in the morning and make her way through the Bathroom, but she didn’t bother getting ready.
Instead Caitlyn had turned the water on and he could hear her crying. The weather had been calm enough to allow her to skip a shower and James didn’t want to force her into anything she didn’t want to--not now. So he allowed her to sit in the Living Room like a statue.
“Darling,” He spoke, causing Caitlyn to jolt lightly. “do you want to head to the hospital now?”
PhotobucketCaitlyn gulped, obviously her thoughts cluttered her mind as she nodded her head.
“Alright, let me help you to the car then?”
She lifted herself off the chair. “I can do it myself.”
“Caitlyn, I can help you.”
“My daughter might be alive James,” Her eyes were dry of tears. “Danielle is possibly alive and I have been holding full conversations with her for the last couple of years. When Abigail was in the hospital after the bar incident I was devastated because she wanted nothing to do with me.”
“It wasn’t your fault.” He pleaded.
She shook her head. “My real daughter was involved in the same accident. She was in the car with you and I didn’t do anything to comfort her. So I need to do this for myself, I need to get out of these clothes and I need to take a shower and clean off this guilt.”
“Then I’ll just wait down here for you.”
“I’ll only be a minute.” Caitlyn replied, climbing the stairs.
Photobucket
PhotobucketScene Four:
Stone Creek; Now Town
Stone Creek Memorial Hospital; 3rd Floor Waiting Room Number 4
“Let me go grab you a coffee.” Bentley Wilkinson spoke as he looked at his fiance. He knew that bringing Emily Roscoe her favorite beverage wouldn’t ease the tension that seemed to fill the Waiting Room, but it would give him time on his own to think.
Not that he wanted to leave her alone, he just needed to find a way to occupy her mind while they waited for the Thurlow’s to arrive. “I’m also going to go call my mother.”
PhotobucketEmily nodded her head. “I’ll be fine, go ahead.”
“Bentley?” She called before he was in the hallway. He turned to face her glossy eyes. “I love you.”
“I love you too.”
A faint smile later, she watched Bentley make his way to the cafeteria and out of her sight. So she refocused her attention on the fish tank that was in front of her. They were put into the Waiting Room to help people clam down, but it wasn’t helping. All Emily could think about was how the poor fish were trapped in the tank.
She turned away and noticed Dr. David Schmidt walking towards her. “I ran into Bentley in the hallway and he told me that you were up here. How are you doing? I’m sure this cannot be easy for you Emily, especially since you’ve been working for James Thurlow.”
Emily shrugged. “Honestly, I’m fine. But I can’t help but wonder if these tests are one-hundred percent accurate? I mean, you see in these soap operas where paternity tests always get mixed up. How the results are never right the first time around.” She sighed. “I just don’t want to get my hopes up.”
“It’s alright to be scared.” David placed a hand on her shoulder. “But if it’s false results that you are worried about, I’d be happy to monitor the tests myself.”
“Would you?” She turned to him with relief.
He agreed. “You know as well as I do that the Thurlow’s are good people. Remember when you were first here in the hospital and thought that James was going to fire you because you didn’t show up for your first day of work? But instead he made sure you were settled into Stone Creek.”
“That terrible car accident!” Emily chuckled. “How lame was I? Laying in a hospital bed for a week and not even knowing it! My god, David, that was so long ago. I can’t even recognize that woman anymore. But like I said, I have no doubt that the Thurlow’s are good people.”
Emily played with her hands. “I would love Caitlyn to be my mother.”
“Then what has got you so worried?”
A minute pasted before she could answer, although truthfully it felt like time was starting to slow down as the day waned on. “I was there when Caitlyn thought that Abigail Jenkins was her daughter and then when they found out the truth. Caitlyn was devastated, I just don’t want that to happen again.”
He hugged her. “It won’t be your fault if you’re not her daughter Emily.”
Emily pulled away, trying to keep herself from crying she sighed instead. A deep heavy sigh that was enough to drain all the tears from her mind. Then she remembered where David had come from. “How did the meeting go with Helen and her lawyer?”
“Not as well as I’d like it to have gone.” He admitted, straining his face. “She wants the house.”
“Are you going to fight for it?” Emily asked. She didn’t really know Helen Schmidt that well, other than the fact that Helen had pushed her out of James Thurlow’s office once and slammed a door on her. She folded her arms. “You can’t let that woman take the house from you.”
David scoffed. “Not even her own children would help her take the house from me. There’s nothing that Helen can actually do to take it, so need to worry. You need to focus on yourself right now and those results later down the line. Caitlyn and Damien could be your parents.”
She looked down at her shoes, unsure of her future.
[.....]
PhotobucketScene Five:
1525 Mauve Ln., Stone Creek. [Willow Glen Manor]
Emmet & Iris’ Home
Since he was able to take some time off from work, mostly as he waited for his transfer to be cleared. Emmet Thurlow seemed to rise from bed later than usual. He was lucky enough to miss the birds chirping in the window of his new home. A smile crept on his face as he realized that he had been able to agree with Iris on a place to live, together.
There had been times in their relationship when he felt they were as different as day and night. But the fact that they were able to agree that renting the Willow Glen Manor from the Marlowe’s was a good idea. It drew hope for them as a couple. 
PhotobucketEmmet turned over in the bed and found Iris’ spot empty.
She had clearly left for work earlier than expected. Although, lately, it had become the norm as they settled into their lives in Stone Creek. Not that Emmet was angry that Iris had adjusted well to living in a new city, as he was hoping that his fiance would. Emmet just wished she was there when he woke up in the morning, so they both could enjoy their new home.
He stretched, pushing the covers to the bottom of the bed and made a note to make the bed later in the day. Much after he had his coffee fix. 
Emmet paddled out of bed in his silk boxers and opened the window, excited that the weather in Stone Creek was much more comfortable than the dry heat of Sunset Valley. Although with a name containing the word ‘sun’ in it, he shouldn’t have expected anything else.
The doorbell signaled him to tug his robe off the bed post and he wrapped it around his body, leaving the Bedroom and making his way down the stairs and into the Foyer where he wrapped the robe tight around his body and answered the door. A smile on his face. “Kirsten, sister, it’s nice to see you.”
“Still wearing robes around the house I see.” She teased, smacking her brother on the stomach after he invited her in. Megan Sutton giggling at her uncle as they migrated to the Living Room. “When dad told me you had rented the place from the Marlowe’s I was surprised.”
Emmet shrugged. “They’re still good people.”
Jared Marlowe had an affair,” Kirsten sat on the couch that had once belonged to the previous family and inspected it, noting how it wasn’t up to her taste. It was too expensive to be so uncomfortable. “His wife poisoned your little sister on New Years, they can’t be considered good people.”
PhotobucketMegan sat next to Emmet on the couch directly in front of Kirsten. He looked at Megan and she looked at him, Emmet scooted away from the little girl and watched as she scooted closer to him. Then he scowled at her and tried to hold back his laughter as Megan tried her best to scowl at him.
“She’s taken a liking towards you.” Kirsten witnessed.
Emmet smiled at Megan and she smiled back. “Imagine that. What brings you by here so early anyways Kirsten? I didn’t think you were the type to leave the Cafe unsupervised.”
She sighed. “I’ve been training an assistant manager to help run the place so that I can try to get my family back together again. I don’t know how long I can keep it going, she keeps messing up my routine and trying to come up with her own. I told her my way was easier, but she doesn’t listen.”
“You’re not always right.”
“Says who?” Kirsten teased, sticking out her tongue. “I was here to see if Iris wanted to have lunch with Megan and I. Where is your fiance anyways? Don’t tell me that she is already at work.”
He nodded. “Iris has been leaving early, trying to get the hang of things at her new job, I suppose.”
Kirsten frowned, she looked at her daughter. “Well then I guess it’s just the two of us today munchkin. Maybe we can go down to Gladys’ and find us some of that famous pie your father keeps recommending?” Megan makes a sour face at the suggestion.
Which Emmet get’s an idea to. “I love her Pecan Pie, can I join?”
Megan shook her head up-and-down and tugged on his arm.
“If you’re coming then you need to shave that beard of yours.” Kirsten snipped, she motioned with her hands. “Someone might mistake you for a homeless person and kick you out of the restaurant. You know how these people are, they’re against bums.”
“You’re against bums.” Emmet corrected.
Kirsten shrugged. “Go take a shower.”
[.....]
PhotobucketScene Six:
Stone Creek; Sage Gardens
Langford Willow Inn; Lucy’s Room
“I brought donuts.” Iris Galloway spoke as she opened the door to her friend’s hotel room and greeted Sebastian who was playing on the floor with some toys that Iris had brought him. She pouted. “Where did that crazy mother of yours run off too?”
The little boy looked up at Iris and smiled.
Lucy?” Iris called out, she placed the donuts on the side table and then placed her purse on the bed. “Hey, Lucy it’s Iris. I just wanted to come by and bring the information that you asked for! Are you even here?” Iris picked up the little boy and opened the box of donuts.
Photobucket“I’m giving your child sugar!”
“Don’t you dare!” Lucy shouted, charging out of the Bathroom in her robe. The two of them looked at one another and then both burst into laughter. “I was taking a damned shower, woman. He hasn't even had breakfast yet,” Lucy grabbed Sebastian from Iris. “I’m not letting you give him sweets.”
Iris bit into the donut. “Here, I brought these for you.”
She handed Lucy a piece of paper with directions on it. The obvious look on Lucy’s face revealed that these were the directions she had been waiting for. “I ran into Deborah the other day, again and she looked like someone kicked her dog. Did you have anything to do with that?”
“Maybe a little.” Lucy squealed. “So these are the directions to the Thurlow’s Cabin?”
“Emmet gave them to me yesterday.” Iris concluded through bites of her donut. She wiped her hands on a napkin and made goggly faces with Sebastian as he playful rested in his mother’s arms. “The key is under the flower pot, so you don’t have to get charged with breaking and entering.”
“Ten points for originality.” Lucy snipped.
Iris frowned. “Are you sure you need to go through with this?”
Lucy knew that Iris had always been her moral compass, it started when they had become friends when Lucy moved to Sunset valley. She sighed, having Frank back in her life was exactly what she needed. The brunette looked down at her baby boy and smiled. “There’s no going back.”
“I need you to do one more thing for me.”
“I’d rather not.” Iris replied, dreading the favor. “Look, Lucy I’ve done a lot already and I don’t want to keep hiding all of this from Emmet anymore. I want to help you, I do. But you said you were just going to make Frank realize why he fell in love with you.”
“I am.” Lucy protested.
Iris shrugged. “Then why do you want to ruin Deborah’s life? Why do you need the Thurlow’s Cabin for anyways? This has gone on for a long time already and I don’t know what to do.”
“Just do this last thing for me.” Lucy pleaded, she placed Sebastian on the bed. “I need you to find Deborah and I need you to get a hold of her phone. For this whole thing to work, Frank needs to believe that Deborah wants to reconcile their marriage at the Thurlow Cabin.”
“How do you expect me to do that?” 
Lucy shrugged. “Just do it. This is the last thing we need to do, I promise you that! After this, after I get Frank alone this will all be over and you can be my Bride-of-Honor at our wedding.”
[.....]
PhotobucketScene Seven:
Stone Creek; Now Town
Stone Creek Memorial Hospital; 3rd Floor Waiting Room Number 2
Deborah Nelson walked back to her seat with a plastic cup of water. It wasn’t exactly what she had wanted, but it would do. She couldn't help but picture her husband, Frank Nelson, in bed with his secretary. It was a thought that had been lingering in her mind ever since she had received the picture in the mail of the baby boy.
She turned to her left to see Caitlyn Thurlow curled up on the chair next to her. “I know this is really hard for you Caitlyn, but you’ve been there for me. So if you need anyone to talk to, I would be here for you whenever you need me.”
Caitlyn forced a smile.
“We all are here for you.” James spoke, he wandered over to the two women.
“This whole time,” Caitlyn flinched when her husband sat down beside her. She calmed down into his arms and looked at Deborah, “this whole time I had hoped that Danielle was dead because honestly, I don’t think I could go through with losing her again. That makes me sound weak, I know-”
Photobucket“You’re doing your best.” James replied.
Deborah held her friends hand. “Do you remember when I couldn’t stand you?”
They chuckled.
“I had it in my head that you were this self-absorbed woman trying to take James away from all of us with your accent and your overly joyous attitude. It wasn’t until recently that I understood the true person you are Caitlyn.” Deborah smiled warmly. “You are stronger than you know.”
“You did insult me a lot.” Caitlyn quipped.
“I’m sorry about all of that. I truly am.” Deborah thought back to when she was close friends with Helen and how the two of them had been so cruel to Caitlyn every chance that they had. Those were the days when Deborah thought that Helen had always had her best interests in mind, but she was so wrong.
Deborah scoffed at the present situation. How she was now closer to Caitlyn than she was to Helen and how she had missed so much time being so bitter and angry at everyone. All that time she could have been enjoying her life and the simplicities it entitled her to.
“Has anyone told Damien?” 
James and Deborah looked at Caitlyn as she asked the question. Either unable to actually comprehend the question truly as they had thought that Damien Crenshaw was finally out of their immediate existence. James turned away, clearly angry.
“Well,” Deborah spoke, “since you sort of put a restraining order against him, we just all figured it would be best for him not to get involved right now. There’s still so much that we don’t know about the current situation. We still don’t even know if Emily is your daughter.”
Caitlyn looked up confused, hurt. “If she is Danielle, he needs to know.”
“We will tell him.” 
“He has to know!” Caitlyn forced.
“God damn it! Let’s just deal with this for now!” James snapped, he looked at both women. “We just need to figure out if what Diem suspects is the truth actually is. I’m sorry Caitlyn, but keeping that scumbag in the dark right now won’t hurt him. Just let us be enough to comfort you.”
The three of them sat in silence.
[.....]
PhotobucketScene Eight:
Stone Creek; Now Town
Stone Creek Ledger; First Floor Hallway
“You.” William Maverick directed towards the first person he bumped into. After talking to Helen about trying to steal the Schmidt home from David, William decided he needed to see his daughter, Leia. Mostly to distract his mind from his scheming. “Have you seen my daughter, Leia Barsky?”
The man tipped his mug to his lips, then shook his head in amusement. “I actually just sent her out to cover a story in town.” 
“You’re her boss?” William asked, stunned.
He obviously didn’t look like the reporters that he was used to. His button-up was loosely worn, untucked from his light denim jeans and the blazer Seth Keeler wore didn’t help dress him up, either. “The name is Seth Keeler, I’ve been the editor of The Ledger for a couple years now.”
William eye’d him suspiciously. “William Maverick.”
Photobucket
“I know who you are.” Seth replied, he stood defensively.
There was something about Seth that William couldn’t place. Like the man was hiding something that he didn’t want William to pick up on. “Are you sleeping with my daughter?”
“I’m sorry,” Seth stammered, “I think you have this whole thing wrong. I’m your daughter’s boss and that would be highly unprofessional.” He stepped around William and pointed toward the exit. “Listen, I don’t mean to be rude but Leia isn’t here so I suggest you go.”
William looked back down the way he came, then he turned back to Seth with a smile. “I make you nervous Jason, I can tell. So if you’re not sleeping with my daughter than you must be sleeping with her mother, Diem. Didn’t think you would be her type.”
“I think you really should be heading out.”
“I’m just making conversation.” William scoffed, he looked Seth up-and-down. “If you are sleeping with Diem, don’t worry. You’re not getting any competition from me. What we had, although it was amazing and unforgettable, was quite sometime ago. I’m not here to get her back.”
“Then what are you here for?” Seth asked.
William smirked. “That’s not any of your business Jason.”
“It’s Seth.”
“But I like calling you Jason.” William turned to leave. “It was nice talking to you, hope to see you around more often. Since I am thinking about staying in town to get to know my daughter. You can tell Diem hi for me if you’d like, I’ll probably see her soon anyways.”
Seth gulped.
[.....]
PhotobucketScene Nine:
Stone Creek; Now Town
Stone Creek Memorial Hospital; 3rd Floor Waiting Room Number 2
Diem Joplin made her way down the hallway, turning into the Waiting Room that James had instructed she meet them. She was well aware that Caitlyn didn’t want to see Emily Roscoe just yet, so she agreed to keep from bringing it up. The woman smiled once she found her friends and hugged James as he lifted himself off his seat.
Photobucket
“I hope you guys don’t mind,” Diem spoke, she turned to point focus to the woman behind her, “I found Iris in the Lobby, apparently she was lost looking for you guys. So I decided to rescue her and bring her along.”
“Lucky her.” Deborah sneered, a faint smile followed.
Iris Galloway waved to everyone. “I just wanted to be here for the family, I tried to get a hold of Emmet but I think he is busy with some business. Hope you don’t mind, James, that I tagged along. I was able to get a substitute teacher and just rushed down here.”
“That’s fine.” He replied. “I’m happy to have you here. We all are.”
“Oh, and she brought food!” Diem chimed, she looked around and found a table they could all sit by. She then turned back to Iris who was now showing off the bag of food that she had brought up with her. A small chuckle later, she had everything spread out.
Caitlyn refused to eat, sitting away from everyone else.
“This looks good Iris, we haven’t had anything to eat since we rushed here.” James admitted, he hugged his soon-to-be daughter-in-law and turned to Deborah. “Don’t you think this is very nice of her Deb?” He asked, knowing how much tension rose from the two women.
Deborah sneered. “Thanks, Iris.”
“Shoot!” Iris mouthed. “I forgot forks.”
“That’s fine, we will go get them.” James insisted, he turned to Deborah. “You care to join me? Maybe we can go talk about Frank and things while we do that?” Deborah nodded her head and led the way. “Would you mind looking after Caitlyn, Diem?”
“All hands aboard.” Diem smirked, she turned to Caitlyn. “We will be just fine.”
“Thanks.” 
Before Diem could settle in, her phone rung. “I didn’t think you could get signal in the Hospital.” She quipped, taking her phone out and noticed that it was Seth calling her. Diem furrowed her brow and then turned to Iris. “Will you watch Caitlyn for a bit while I take this call?”
“Sure.” Iris agreed, she watched Diem leave the Waiting Room and then turned to Deborah Nelson’s purse. She knew this was her only opportunity to get a hold of her phone and send Frank the text message that Lucy had insisted she send. 
Looking around, Iris dug into the purse.
[.....]
PhotobucketScene Ten:
Stone Creek; Now Town
Stone Creek Police Station; Callum Lakhani’s Jail Cell
“This is it.” The guard stopped, running his flashlight against Callum Lakhani’s cell he flashed the prisoner a smile. “You’ve got a visitor, you scumbag.”
The young man slinked around in the cell, opting for the uniformed man to flash the light on him. Although the Basement of the Police Station had sufficient lighting, it was still too dim to see every corner of the jail cell. But even that couldn’t help a prisoner escape as the walls were solid cement and no windows.
Photobucket
 Callum stepped closer to the cell bars. “Cassie?”
His sister stepped out from behind the guard. “Can I talk to my brother alone?”
“No.” The guard replied, he kept eye contact on Callum. “He’s a high risk prisoner and since you’re related to him there’s not a chance in hell that we’d leave the two of you alone... even if he did shoot you little miss, there’s still a chance that you’d try to break him out.”
Cassie shook her head. “How do you expect me to do that?”
“It’s alright Cassandra.”
“No!” She snapped, she stepped between the guard and the bars. “Do you really think I would try to break him out of here? I’m just asking for a couple of minutes alone with my brother. Surely you can understand that, now could you mister?”
The guard gulped. “It’s not worth losing my job over, I’ve got clear instructions to leave nobody alone with this gun wielding maniac.”
Photobucket“Stop insulting him!” Cassie spit.
But she felt her brother’s hand grab her arm. “Cassandra, just stop!”
It had been so long since she had any contact with her brother, even when she visited him in the jail cell the first time she avoided contact. So having him grab her arm silenced Cassie Lakhani, instead of raising her hand like she had originally wanted, she relaxed her arm.
“I need to talk to you.” She turned around and faced him, there was still that innocence in his eyes that she had seen every time he laid an aggressive hand on her. It was something that Cassie knew Miles never understood. But she had spent so much time with Callum as babies that she couldn’t just abandon him.
They were the same and if he was violent, that meant that deep down so was she. “You shouldn’t be in here Callum.”
He frowned. “I know why you are here Cassie, it’s alright if the guard is here because I don’t care if he listens to anything I have to say. But I have been waiting for you to come back down here and face me. To face our past and our father.”
Cassie gulped.
[.....]
PhotobucketScene Eleven:
Stone Creek; North Woods by Cuttlebone Lake
Thurlow Cabin; Main Bedroom
After she put the playpen together, Lucy Hahn placed her son; sebastian into the playpen and paced around the room. She had instructed Iris to text Frank and make sure he came to the Cabin at any means. It felt like a long time coming, but Lucy knew he plan was finally set into motion and this was it.
She breathed heavily as she waited.
Lucy knew that Frank’s need to keep his marriage strong was his one huge flaw. But she was convinced that he only wanted to keep his marriage to Deborah from crumbling because he didn’t have any other options. The brunette unbuttoned her blouse and decided that she needed to change before Frank got there.
Photobucket
Had there been an easier way to do this, Lucy would have thought of it. She stood in the main bedroom and looked at herself in the mirror, dousing herself in the perfume on the counter. It was a little strong for her, but it smelled of elegance and grace. She knew Frank would love it.
Studying Frank was something she had become accustomed to. Especially when she was his secretary for so long and she had many encounters with his every day life. At first, it hurt Lucy to see Deborah and the rest of Frank’s family. But once she got to know him, once she really started to understand the man that he was, Lucy fell head over heels. She knew he cared very much for the people around him.
He even cared for her.
But his family’s curse stood in the way of his happiness with Lucy. She knew that Frank was so terrified of falling victim to the Nelson family curse of living in poverty and filth. That is why he originally married Deborah Faulkner, so that he would never have to.
Lucy stared at herself in the mirror, her eyes gleamed with excitement as she went over everything in her mind. She had to break Frank and Deborah up so that all the secrets were out in the open and then she had to pretend like Deborah wanted to reconcile, so Frank would rush to the cabin. It made Lucy sick that she knew him so well, but it was also the perfect trap.
Once Frank made it here to the cabin, all she had to do was convince him that he needed her and that she could rid him of his families curse by showing him their child. Sebastian was definitely the key that had been missing while they had carried out the affair.
She turned away from the mirror, everything was going according to plan. Now she had only one thing left to do and that was to make the Cabin look romantic. There had to be candles around somewhere, that would solve everything. Lucy started searching around the place.
Opening up the closet she stumbled upon a gorgeous summer dress and Lucy knew it was exactly what she needed to win back Frank’s heart.
[.....]
PhotobucketScene Twelve:
Stone Creek; Now Town
Thurlow Lumber Mill Building; Frank Nelson’s Office
Since James Thurlow had to be at the Hospital, Frank took it upon himself to get things sorted out at the office. But having to look over the paper work for some of the Thurlow-Jurado Overseas arrangements seemed to be more tiresome than anything.
So his secretary brought in a glass of water for him and some lunch that he had ordered. She was a gorgeous younger woman, thin and tall. Long black hair that fell to her waist whenever she wore it down, which was usually when she wore dresses.
Today however, it was pinned up and accompanied by a tight blouse and a long pencil skirt. “Was there anything else you needed, Mr. Nelson?” She asked.
PhotobucketThe way she spoke would get his blood boiling, but not today. Instead of charming her onto his desk and pulling down her skirt he shook his head. “I’m fine, thank you.”
Frank had learned his lesson, especially now that things had escalated so far with Deborah and Lucy. Every second he was away from Deborah hurt him more than he had ever thought possible. He had been staying at the Lakeside Inn, which was a drive from work but Deborah had stated that she needed space.
His phone chimed, alerting him to a text message.
“Meet me at the Thurlow Cabin we need to talk,” Frank read, his eyes bulged at the thought, “please? thinking of you.” It wasn’t exactly Deborah’s normal way to phrase things. A little long for her taste, but he knew they had to talk soon and Frank was too excited for it to be tonight.
He jumped up from his desk, first he needed to get things taken care of here. There was still so much paper work that needed to be done but there really wasn’t anyone here capable of doing it. So instead, Frank asked his secretary to send a message to James and alert him of his departure for the day.
Frank grabbed his things and turned to his phone again, he decided against texting Deborah back and instead looked around his office. Soon he would be back with his wife and things would start making sense again. Frank promised himself that he would stay far away from Lucy.
Closing the door to his office, he headed towards his car.
[.....]
Next Time, On Concrete Shelves
+ Frank arrives at the Thurlow Cabin.
+ Cassie makes a hasty decision in order to save her brother.
+ Diem gets shocking news.
+ Something is brewing in Stone Creek...