Monday, June 6, 2011

This is How it Feels

Previously, On Concrete Shelves
  • Ryan contacted Marina.
  • Patrick pulled the plug on Catalina’s project.
  • Charlene and Kevin carried on a year long affair.
  • Abigail learned the truth of her paternity...
[.....]
Photobucket
[.....]
Scene One:
2634 W. Parker St., Stone Creek. Callahan Condos #22
Catalina & Isobel’s Condo.
Photobucket“You need to stop coming over like this.” Catalina Cortez spoke in a hoarse voice, she let the man in and then continued getting ready for her day. It had been weeks since her sister’s funeral and she really didn’t have the time to have Mac asking questions.
“They started the rebuilding of Jimmy’s Bar.” Mac Kern announced, dropping his messenger bag off by the side of the couch. He watched as Catalina re-appeared in the living room clad in her bra. She pulled a white blouse over her body and started buttoning it up.
Looking up at Mac, Catalina shrugged. “It’s not like we didn’t expect this day would happen. People move on, life goes forward. We can’t live in the past Mac, there isn’t anything we can do.”
There was a sadness in her tone, if only for a second. “But now I need to finish getting ready for my meeting!”
“Meeting for what?” Mac asked, following Catalina into her bedroom.
“Well, a certain Patrick Sutton hasn’t been returning my calls and quite frankly, I don’t like the feeling it’s been giving me. With everything that has happened recently with my sister and me pulling the gun on Penelope Wilkinson, I forgot that I actually had a job to do.”
“You can mourn you know.” Mac said, grabbing Catalina’s arm.
She shrugged him off. “I already did. Not having Isobel around is hard, but it is something I’m going to have to live with. You can stay a little longer if you’d like, just lock up after yourself.”
“Cat-”
“No Mac,” She cut him off. “I really have to take this meeting. There are people who are counting on me just like my sister did and I cannot let them down. Lock-up after yourself, okay? There’s food in the fridge, help yourself.”
Mac smirked. “I’m proud of you.”
Catalina simply nodded and made her way to the door. There were more important things to do than to sit around with Mac and mourn her sister’s death for the umpteenth time. Before leaving she turned back to her friend. “Oh and by the way Isobel always had a fondness for orchids, not lilacs.”
She knew telling him this would automatically alert Mac to the fact that she had indeed been visiting Isobel’s grave.
[.....]
Scene Two:
745 W. Lavender St., Stone Creek. “Old Granger Manor”
Damien & Gillian’s Home.
Opening the door, Gillian Sutton, pulled her friend into the house and hugged her. “Where the hell have you been lately? When you called me this morning, it made me realize how much I’ve missed you.” She spoke heavily, leading Abigail into the kitchen.
“I just needed time to think.”
“Does this have to do with what my father told you?” Gillian asked, opening the fridge. “I wouldn’t trust a word that comes out of that man’s mouth.”
Abigail immediately felt uncomfortable in the house. “I just-he seemed so convincing Gill. That night when he came to my apartment and told me what he called the truth about my parents.” She slipped into a chair. “Do you know what this means?”
Photobucket“That Damien is still your father.” Gillian replied.
The brunette shook her head. Patrick Sutton seemed so genuine when he told her that Damien and Caitlyn weren’t her parents. It took her a couple days to actually leave her apartment, except for the days when she had to go to work.
Gillian was the first person she held a conversation with in weeks. “I don’t think he is.” Abigail watched as her friend looked her over, somehow she looked as if she was holding back something. “I don’t think Caitlyn is my mother, either.”
“Look,” Gillian spoke, taking Abigail’s hand. “I overheard a conversation that Damien had with Helen Schmidt the other day. I don’t know what is true or what exactly is happening, but from what I understand, there is way more to this story.”
“What do you mean?”
Gillian sighed. “Maybe Damien isn’t your father, I really don’t know. Either way, all I know is that something is going on between Damien and the Thurlow’s.”
“What should I do?”
“Maybe you should confront them head on?” Gillian smirked. “You should give Caitlyn a call, see if she will meet you somewhere. I will make sure that Damien meets you at the same place. But we have to keep this a secret, even from the Thurlow’s, or they will ruin everything.”
Abigail grimaced. “I don’t know if I can do that.”
“You want to know the truth, don’t you?” Gillian barked. She watched as Abigail shook her head. “Then do it.”
[.....]
Scene Three:
Sage Garden’s
Alice’s Haven Cafe
PhotobucketEmmet Thurlow sat at a corner booth as he watched both his sister’s prepare the cafe. He could tell that something was off between them. Kirsten had told him earlier in the week that she seemed to have pissed Marina off. 
But he knew that he shouldn’t get involved. Instead he turned to his girlfriend, Iris Galloway and smiled. “I’m just glad to have you back and for you to be able to come around my family after everything that happened between us.”
“I really did think your family would be embarrassed by me.” Iris replied, “I was embarrassed by my own actions during the Founder’s Ball. I swear Emmet, turning your proposal down wasn’t me trying to hurt your feelings.”
“I know.” He spoke, kissing her.
Marina Thurlow sighed as she watched her brother from the corner of her eye.
“I’m glad they are back together.” Kirsten spoke, nudging her sister’s shoulder. “They both deserve to be happy and I think Iris might be the one to make our brother happy. How are you holding up? With what I said about Ian, I really didn’t mean to offend you like that.”
The younger sister shrugged. “I’m just a little sensitive sometimes, I guess.”
“I can’t believe tonight is the night we tell Caitlyn everything.” Kirsten changed the subject, looking at the dining room of the cafe. She knew something was wrong. In the back of her mind she knew that something was going to go wrong. But she stopped herself from voicing it.
“This is going to devastate her.”
Kirsten hugged her sister. “But she will have us here.”
Marina didn’t have any time to reply as he cellphone went off, excusing herself from her sister’s side she went to answer it. Leaving Kirsten in her own thoughts.
“What’s going on here?” Came the voice of Adrian Stone.
PhotobucketTurning to face her old friend Kirsten hugged him. “I’m so sorry that I forgot to mention it. I’m closing the cafe down for the day, we are having a little Thurlow meeting and this just seemed like the perfect headquarters. How have you been?”
“I’m doing pretty good!” He looked around the place. “Looks like the perfect cozy little hangout right now.”
“Yeah well, just trying to set a mood of comfort.” Kirsten replied, careful not to let too much out. She moved around Adrian and continued to set a table for her father and Caitlyn. “How are you and Gail doing? Has David been giving you any trouble lately?”
“David is actually supportive of us now.” Adrian admitted. “I think he finally realizes that my intentions are good with Gail. I must say though, it’s so weird being back to our old stomping grounds. This place-well, it brings back old memories.”
“I have to go!” Marina announced, breaking into the two’s conversation. “Something came up at the paper and I have to go fix a couple of things. But I will be right back and in time for the announcement.”
“Announcement?” Adrian questioned.
“It’s nothing.” Kirsten turned to Marina. “Hurry back, will you?”
“There’s not something I should be worried about, is there?” Adrian asked, stepping closer to Kirsten. He crossed his hands over his chest. “Is everything alright Kirby, how are things between you and Charlie?” As if on mark, Adrian watched as Charlie Sutton walked into the cafe, his eyes immediately locked on Adrian and Kirsten.
---
Our love. Our fights. Our friendships.
On Concrete Shelves.
Forever, they shall be remembered.
---
Scene Four:
2300 Cranberry St., Stone Creek. Stone Creek Apartments #23
Mac’s Apartment.
Stepping into his apartment, Mac Kern was amused to find his boss making herself a meal. “I was on my way to your office, I just had to pick up a couple things first.” He spoke, watching as she maneuvered effortlessly around his kitchen.
“You still remember where everything is?”
PhotobucketHelen sighed. “I’ve been married twice and have carried on numerous affairs, do you know how many names, dates, and schedules I had to memorize?” She turned to Mac who shrugged in reply. “Your memory is your greatest asset. Some people pay way too much attention to other’s emotions and they don’t develop these skills that will keep them at the top of the food chain.”
It didn’t surprise him that Helen thought this way. Mac chuckled. “You are one of a kind, you know that?”
“Listen, I have another job for you. Don’t worry, it isn’t anything too drastic like the last time when I had you track down Adrian.” Helen pulled out a piece of paper with an address on it. “I need you to follow this man and see if you can get anything on him.”
“What?”
Mac slid the paper back to Helen. “When I first started working for you, I figured that it was an honor to work for a very respectable woman in the industry. I thought it would help me gain experience but then I started doing these ‘jobs’ for you and everything changed.”
“What are you saying?” Helen spit, keeping her ground.
“I don’t think I can work for you anymore.”
Helen folded the piece of paper and put it back into her pocket. She took a moment to take in the information, as if her life wasn’t troubled enough. Then she looked up at Mac. “You’ve been a very good study.”
Photobucket“But this--whatever it is that I’m doing--this isn’t what I wanted to be good at.” Mac responded, he padded Helen on the shoulder. “You’ve been a great boss to me, but this isn’t what I want to be doing. I still respect you as a person, but what you’ve been doing, I don’t respect that at all.”
“Well look who found balls.” Helen muttered, taking a deep breath. “I understand what you are doing. I won’t say that I approve of this. It will, however, take me months to find someone new to take your place at the office.” Her tone irritated.
Mac smirked. “You will find someone, I’m sure.”
Helen rolled her eyes. “Yeah, we will see about that. I guess I should be going now.” Giving Mac a hug, she looked him over once more before heading for the door. “Oh, you might want to throw that lunch away, half way through making it I realized that I had burnt it.”
“Right.” Mac sighed, turning to the mess in the kitchen. But for the first time in awhile he felt free. Free to do anything that he pleased. Then the fear kicked in and he felt lost in his kitchen for the first time as well.
[.....]
Scene Five:
Sutton Enterprises
Patrick’s Office.
Although most of his day has been about work he couldn’t help but think about the progress he felt he was making with his wife, Charlene. After Gillian’s accident, the two kept by each other’s side praying for a miracle. He couldn’t have planned a better outcome.
“We need to talk.” Catalina Cortez spoke, stepping into his office.
Patrick spun around to face her. “I thought I told security not to let you into the office.”
The woman before him folded her arms, her files clutched to her chest. “We had a deal Patrick.”
“Well, we did, yes.” He pondered. “But after you held a gun to Penelope Wikinson’s head, although funny as it was, is heavily frowned upon in this city. Our deal, the contract I made with you Catalina, is off. I let you into my company and you let me into your pants. But I’m done now.”
She felt disgusting hearing the words. “You can’t do that!”
“I have.”
Catalina slammed the paper’s she was holding onto the table. “Do you not know how hard I worked for this project to finally get off the ground? There are people who you don’t even know about that are counting on me! you can’t just end our deal!”
“Do you not know who I am?” Patrick snarled. “This town runs on my money and as for those people that you talk about. I do know who they are, I let them into my company and for what it is worth they’ve got no credibility. I’ve caught them slacking off.”
“They’re good people!”
“I don’t care! they are wasting my money and quite frankly, you are wasting my time right now! I’ve made up my mind and already filed the new contract. All your things should be out of your office by tonight. As for your people, they’ve lost their jobs as of yesterday.”
“You’ll be sorry.” Catalina muttered, turning on her heel.
“Don’t you threaten me!” Catalina stopped in her tracks. “Nobody in this town scares me Catalina, just so you know. I own this town, just like my father did before me and it will be that way forever. If I were you I’d skip town before the sun has a chance to set.”
With no response, she quickly slammed the door behind her.
[.....]
Scene Six:
Sage Garden’s
Alice Haven’s Cafe.
PhotobucketKirsten found herself next to Iris Galloway, both sharing drinks as they awaited the rest of their guests. But something was itching at Kirsten, she twirled her straw as her thought process kept reeling around. “I’m really glad that you decided to come visit with my brother.”
“Yeah, well to tell the truth I almost didn’t come.” Iris replied. “I didn’t think it would be appropriate for me to be around your family in a time like this. I didn’t want any of the attention to rub off of Caitlyn and onto me and what I did to your brother.”
“What you did to my brother was humiliating.”
Iris put her head down in shame.
“But right now, my brother adores you so I won’t pick any fights. Just know that from here on out you better make Emmet feel loved.” There was an ounce of venom in her words. Taking her drink, she slipped the straw into her lips, giving Iris time to think about what she said.
“I love your brother.”
Kirsten eye’d her companion. “Good.”
Across the room from them Charlie Sutton gathered at the counter with his brother-in-law. “I think having the whole family here will help Caitlyn digest the news. I’m glad that you came down for her. It has been awhile since the whole family was together.”
“Caitlyn has been like a mother to me.” Emmet replied. “Iris and I have to go back to Sunset Valley in the morning, so we wont be getting much sleep, but I would do anything for Caitlyn. I just hope that she is strong enough to make ti through this. She has been through hell this last year.”
“Do you think that Abigail knows the truth?”
Emmet shrugged. “I have no clue. I’ve never actually spent time with Abigail so I wouldn’t be able to tell you what kind of person she is. But if Abby has anything to do with this, she will face the wrath of this family and it won’t be good.”
PhotobucketThen something occurred to Charlie. “Has anybody contacted Abigail?”
This caught everyone’s attention in the room. Kirsten stood from her seat and shook her head, looking to her brother who just shrugged. But they didn’t have anymore time to dwell on it as their father rushed into the cafe. “Has anybody heard from Caitlyn?”
“Not since this morning.” Kirsten admitted.
Emmet walked to his father’s side. “When was the last time you’ve talked to her.”
“I told her to meet me here around seven. I tried her cell right before I got out of my car, but she sent it straight to voicemail.” His look of worry caused his children to become upset. “It’s unlike her to ignore my calls unless, well, unless she’s with Damien.”
“I’m sure she is fine daddy.” Kirsten spoke first, trying to clam his nerves. “It’s really early, she has time to get here. I’m sure she has something to do with the council right now. The courthouse makes you turn off your phones before you enter the building.”
James frowned. “I just want tonight to go smoothly.”
“We all do dad.” Emmet spoke.
[.....]
Scene Seven:
2300 Cranberry St., Stone Creek. Stone Creek Apartments #21
Abigail’s Apartment.
Photobucket“What do you mean you’re not coming?” Abigail asked, pacing around the living room. “Gillian, you are my best friend. I could really use you here when I confront my father.” Stopping in her tracks, the reality started to kick in to her.
Damien might not be her father.
A knock on the door caused Abigail to jump. “I have to go Gillian, they are here now.”
There was a moment in her life when she didn’t think she wanted new parents. Abigail Jenkins was finally accepting that her parents had left her with the Jenkins’ for a reason and where never coming back to her life. That moment was shattered when Kevin Saunders found her in that supermarket.
She smiled when Caitlyn Thurlow stood in front of her, a look of worry and concern on her face. “I made tea if you’d like some. I’ve been so scatter-brained lately that I forgot to pick-up something for dinner, but I have a couple cans I can cook up something.”
Caitlyn shook her head. “That’s fine, I’m not really hungry. What’s going on?” She asked, setting her purse down and eyeing Abigail suspiciously. “You sounded like you were in trouble over the phone. Damien didn’t hurt you, did he?”
“No!” The words caused friction between the two as Abigail calmed her tone down. “I found something out the other day and I think it’s in everyone’s best interest if it was out in the open. I want to know the truth.”
Caitlyn didn’t know how to feel, her heart was beating a hundred miles a minute, slowly she looked around her daughter’s apartment and found a seat on the couch. It was so old and torn. As if Abigail herself had fished it out of a dumpster.
It was the first time that Caitlyn had been invited into Abigail’s home and although it enlightened her, it made her feel vulnerable at the same time. “I don’t even understand what is going on right now Abigail. You called me here and it sounded urgent.”
A tear fell from Abigail’s eye as she watched Caitlyn. “I’d rather it not be true.”
“What not be true?” Came the voice of her father from the doorway. Both women turned to look at him. There was an eerie sense of misbalance as he approached them. “What is going on here? Why are you crying darling? what did you do to her Caitlyn?” 
“I didn’t do anything!”
“She’s obviously crying for a reason!”
“Stop!” Abigail begged, her once calm exterior now completely dissolved. “I don’t want the two of you to fight. Just stop. Damien, I need to know, I have to know that I am your daughter.” Caitlyn gasped, holding her hands to her mouth. “Tell me the truth.”
Caitlyn stood up by Abigail’s side and embraced the younger woman. “Please tell me this is just another lie. Dear god Damien, this better not be another trick, meddling with our lives. Abigail, this isn’t true, whoever told you is lying.”
“Well I want to know it from Damien, my father.”
Damien’s face dropped, for months he had treated Abigail as his own flesh and blood. There was a time when all he wanted was revenge over Caitlyn for leaving and Abigail was just a toy to play with. But now, the younger woman had grown on him.
PhotobucketHe took a deep breath. “Just listen to what I have to say.”
“So it’s true?” Abigail dug her face into Caitlyn’s chest. “Abigail isn’t our daughter?”
All the man could do was shake his head. “You forced me to do this Caitlyn. After all these years, leaving me like you did. I got rid of our child so that we could be together and work on our problems. You kept telling me that a child would solve everything!”
“It could have!”
“It didn’t.” Damien seethed, turning his attention to Abigail. “I don’t know where our real daughter is. At the time, Abigail was parading around with out parents so I just thought, after bluffing to you about our daughter, I just though-”
“You just thought you’d play house?” Caitlyn spit. “This is ridiculous Damien! How could you be so cold? What made you think that you could get away with this? I cared for this girl as if she was my own and you spent months tormenting me!”
“What about me!” Abigail broke away from Caitlyn. “I’ve spent years looking for my real parents and I thought I found them!” She then broke down at the realization. “Oh my gosh, I’m such a fool! I trusted you when everyone else told me not to!”
The younger woman began pacing around the room, then she caught sight of her car keys and dashed for them. She couldn’t be around these people, there was just too much pain in their eyes and she needed to feel her own pain. 
“Abby!” Damien called.
Abigail turned back to the man she thought was her father. “Don’t ever speak to me again!”
With that she left the apartment, leaving Caitlyn and Damien alone.
[.....]
Scene Eight:
Sage Garden’s.
Stone Creek Community Park.
Photobucket“I got here as soon as I could.” Marina Thurlow spoke as she approached the man. She knew that it was risky meeting him here in the open, but this was the only place she felt safe. Given the fact that she had to make the conversation brief, the park was in close proximity to the cafe.
A part of her wanted to kiss him out of surprise, but the old habits stood at bay. “How have you been? Where have you been Ryan? I tried getting in contact with you after you left, but you shut off your phone.” Marina shifted her weight.
Ryan smirked. “I actually couldn’t pay the phone bill.”
“Oh.”
“It’s nothing like that,” He assured her, “Honestly, I just was focusing my time and energy on other things. While  I was in New York it was so easy to get lost in everything. The people. The city. Marina you can’t imagine how fast that place moves.”
“When I hadn’t heard from you, I just assumed you didn’t want to talk to me anymore.” She rubbed her neck in stress. “But I completely understand why you could have felt like that. Why you actually felt like that.” After correcting herself, Marina turned away.
She forgot how charming the park was at this time of day. The sun, so bright and full of life was a little past rising and itching to set. The breeze, against her skin was so fresh that it made her think back to when she was a kid enjoying the spring. 
Photobucket“I was angry at first.” Ryan admitted. “But then, I just focused on my life. What we went through Marina, that took a lot out of me, I will admit that. But I have moved on from it. I actually called you here because I wanted to share the news with you.”
“What news?”
Ryan stood proud. “You’re looking at the newest staff member for a powerhouse who is in the running for Mayor of Stone Creek.” There was a look of confusion on Marina’s face that he had seen before. “While in New York I did some work for a couple of campaign’s. It really doesn’t matter, just know something big is happening.”
“But what Ryan?” Marina questioned, stepping closer. “Tell me what is going on.”
Licking his lips Ryan smiled. “I can’t tell you everything, but just know that Mayor Marlowe is going to be getting a lot of heat this year for re-elections. I want you to help me, when the time is right, I need you to help me get the word out.”
“So you called me here on business?”
“Listen Marina, this could be a big break for you. We are coming to you first about this development. Once your editor get’s this news from you, he will promote you for sure.” Ryan grabbed her head. “Just wait and see, your career is going to skyrocket.”
Marina pulled away. “But Ryan.”
“Trust me, okay?”
“Okay.” She gasped. “I have to get back to the cafe, my family needs me.” 
Taking a step away from her ex. boyfriend she tried to make sense of what he told her. Pushing her hair behind her ear, she smiled forcedly and then turned away. A part of her broke, but the rest of her just needed to have Ian near.
[.....]
Scene Nine:
745 W. Lavender St., Stone Creek. “Old Granger Manor”
Damien & Gillian’s Home.
Stepping out of the shower, Gillian wrapped one towel around her body and dried her hair with the other. She knew it wasn’t her place to hang around Abigail’s house while she confronted her parents. Nor did Gillian want to be involved in that mess.
She shuttered to think that something like that would happen to her.
Wiping the steam from the mirror she looked at herself in the mirror. She had her father’s demanding eyes and her mother’s flawless skin. There was no way that she could be adopted. But having Abigail as a friend had caused her to question everything.
Even Damien.
Gillian sighed as she proceeded to get ready. She had spent most of the day exercising, after the accident at Jimmy’s Bar her whole routine was disrupted and she could feel the pounds packing on. Gillian started running around the Old Granger Manor for the past couple evenings.
She needed to get herself back on track.
That and it helped to terminate thoughts about Damien’s deceit. At first, Gillian was on board with destroying Caitlyn Thurlow, after all, she just wanted to make her parent’s angry by the way they forgot her and started to cater to her brother, Charlie.
But everything changed. Gillian sighed. “When will everything be normal?”
“When I get to kiss you goodnight.” Damien Crenshaw spoke from the doorway.
Gillian turned around to see the man she was to marrying, his arms folded, leaning against the doorway. A meek smile crossed her conflicted face. “How did everything go?”
Damien let his head fall, followed by a deep sigh.
[.....]
Scene Ten:
Sage Garden’s.
Alice’s Haven Cafe.
PhotobucketGideon Wilkinson rubbed his wife’s shoulder as she told their closest friend about his mother’s condition. “I mean, we have prepared for everything at this point. David wants to run a couple more tests to see what the best treatment is for Nell, but we can’t do anything at this point.”
“We can only hope for the best.” James replied. He cared deeply for the Wilkinson’s and knew they would need everyone’s help just as soon as he could help Caitlyn sort out the whole mess with Abigail then he would help his friends.
He then noticed someone walking into the cafe. “Marina, where have you been?” He asked his youngest child as she walked up to them. “Your sister told me you had some work related things to take care of, but that was hours ago.”
Marina looked at her father. “Everything is taken care of.”
“Are you sure?” Placing a hand on her shoulder. “You look as if you have a lot on your mind. If you want to head home it is understandable. Caitlyn doesn’t need us all here for her right now. In time we can all take turns comforting her.”
But Marina shook her head. “Caitlyn has done a lot for me. Everyone being here for her will only show her that she has strength in her family. Her real family.”

“I’m so proud of you.”
“What’s going on here?” Caitlyn asked, receiving the attention of everyone in the room. She watched as Marina stood close to James, behind them stood Gideon and Daphne. To Caitlyn’s right sat Emmet, Iris, and Charlie and to her left stood Kirsten.
Tear stained eyes, Caitlyn finally closed them. How could she be so stupid. “You all knew, didn’t you?”
[.....]
Scene Eleven:
2634 W. Parker St., Stone Creek. Callahan Condos #22
Catalina & Isobel’s Condo.

“What are you doing?” Mac Kern asked as he walked into Catalina’s apartment.
She didn’t even acknowledge is arrival by making eye contact. “I’m leaving.”
“Leaving?” Her bags were packed. He could tell it was a hasty decision as most of the furniture was still intact. Mac could feel the awkwardness build between the two of them so he continued. “Where are you going Cat? What are you going to do?”
“I should have never stayed here.” She admitted, her voice strained. “I should have never laid Isobel at rest in Stone Creek. When we lived in LA I told her that we would never leave that place because that is where our mother was buried.”
“So you’re going back?”
“I have to.” Catalina made her way around Mac as she determined what she needed to bring with her. There was so much going on in her mind, she needed an escape. Then she stopped at the book that belonged to her sister. “I need to get away from here.”
“What about working with Patrick Sutton?” Mac asked, grasping at straws. “Haven’t you been working on a new product? Surely you can’t leave all that behind. This meeting you had this morning, you were so excited about it.”
Catalina chuckled. “Patrick Sutton is an asshole. He told me that he didn’t need my services anymore, everything is ruined. Our contract, invalid. That man has the nerve to strike someone when they’re down.” She closed her eyes. “But right now that doesn’t matter. I need to leave. I need to get away from this corrupt city!”
Mac watched as his closest friend packed up her things.
[.....]
Scene Twelve:
420 N. Dayton St., Stone Creek. “Saunders Home”
Kevin’s Home.
PhotobucketStepping out of his car, Patrick Sutton strutted down the sidewalk and only stopped when his phone began to ring. “I was wondering when you would call me. Listen, I have a few things I need to run by you tomorrow, so make sure you check-in with my secretary in the morning. No, listen, I’m actually at his house right now let me call you back.”
With a click, the conversation was over.
Patrick Sutton stood facing the front door to Kevin Saunders’ home. Everything that they had worked for was finally coming to light. Damien Crenshaw would soon be exposed as a deceitful man and his daughter will soon be back at his home.
Ringing the doorbell, it was urgent that Patrick speak with Kevin. There was more to his plan that he had recently thought about expanding. He figured, why not take everything? There were plenty of other men with dirty laundry that needed exposing.
“Patrick, what are you doing here?” Kevin asked shockingly. 
There was an animosity between the two, as Kevin tried to keep his business partner out of the house. But Patrick wasn’t having it. He needed to get inside and share a drink with Kevin. They needed to celebrate their victories. “Damien Crenshaw is crumbling as we speak.”
“That’s good news.” Kevin announced, following Patrick into the kitchen. “But why have you come around so late in the evening?” The man tightened his robe. “What can I help you with?”
“Are you busy?” Patrick asked, taking note of Kevin’s attire. “Who are you entertaining tonight old schmuck?” There was a gurgle in Patrick laughter as he nudged Kevin’s shoulder. “I was hoping you would celebrate a little with me, but you seem busy. Maybe early breakfast tomorrow, I have a few things to discuss with you.”
Photobucket
“Alright.” Kevin agreed, ushering Patrick out of the kitchen. But then two of them stopped dead in their tracks as Charlene Sutton waltzed down the stairs. Clad in a robe, she was busy drying her hair with a towel when she noticed Patrick staring up at her.
This was it.
The moment that she had been waiting for. All of a sudden she felt so exposed there on the staircase looking down at her husband, while her lover, Kevin stood behind him in the kitchen entrance. Nothing would ever be the same.
Charlene closed her eyes and waited for the argument.
[.....]

Next Time, On Concrete Shelves
  • Marina struggles with Ryan’s offer.
  • Things get complicated for Charlene and Kevin.
  • Cassie remembers something vital.
  • Emily opens up to Bentley...