Friday, September 21, 2012

I'm Not Yours

Previously, On Concrete Shelves
  • Frank was kidnapped by Lucy Hahn.
  • Someone called Greta about renting a house.
  • Gail told Adrian she needed to go back to work.
  • Leia left an abusive relationship...

[.....]

ImNotYours_zpsbc282da1

[.....]
PhotobucketScene One:
510 Auburn Rd., Stone Creek. [Nelson Home]
Frank & Deborah’s Home.

PhotobucketAfter the events of the last couple weeks, Frank Nelson, didn’t have a clue that being back home and safe in his house would be his main source of stress. Today even sharing a pot of coffee with his wife, Deborah, seemed too much for him as he had a huge secret he was now keeping from her.

It wasn’t that he didn’t trust his wife with knowing the truth. But because they had been through so much with his infidelity and then finding out that he had another child out there. Frank just didn’t want to let on that Lucy Hahn was indeed a dangerous person and still out there. Although spending all that time with Lucy he didn’t think dangerous was the right word anymore.

“Damaged.” Deborah Nelson spoke, taking the words out of Frank’s mind.

He looked up at his wife and she smiled. “The picture I was trying to hang the other day while you were away in Paris, I think it is too damaged to hang now.” She walked over to Frank and kissed his forehead. “I don’t know what I did, but I think I tore the canvas.”

Frank frowned. “Well, how about we go out and buy you a new one?”

“Are you forgetting something?” She asked, taking her cup of coffee into her hands and smelling the aroma. “Today is your first day back at the office and if you haven’t forgotten you need to get a new cellphone since the airport managed to lose your entire luggage-”

“I’ll get my assistant to grab one.” 

Frank could tell that his wife was eyeing him, even if he was looking down at the paper and skimming through the pages. He didn’t want to drag too much into detail about his mysterious luggage disappearance because his wife wasn’t exactly the dimmest light in the tanning booth.

“What are your plans today?” He asked.

Photobucket“I have a couple patients to see, but if you want to get together for lunch I can have my receptionist clear my schedule around two?” Frank could feel his wife prying, there as a way Deborah had about her. He looked up at locked on her light blue eyes as they insisted he agree. “I mean, if you’d like to.”

He nodded his head. “Lets have lunch.”

“Great, I’ll have Lourdes make reservations at Sysphean’s.”

“Sysphean’s, Deborah,” Frank chuckled. “It’s just lunch, do you really think we’d get a reservation at Sysphean’s on such short notice? Besides I just want to have a low-key normal lunch. Maybe I should just stay at the office and have lunch there?”

Deborah’s posture turned cold. “I guess I shouldn’t push off my patients.”

“I didn’t mean to make you upset.” To tell the truth, Frank, didn’t know what he was trying to say. He just didn’t want to go and have a big fancy lunch when all his mind wanted to do was rest. The minute he got back from Germany it was doctor this, check-up that. He was lucky enough to have his friends cover for him where Deborah was involved although the baggage claim story just added to the stress.

Frank placed a hand on Deborah’s. “How about I grab us some lunch and meet you at your office? We can have lunch, just the two of us because there’s nobody else I would rather be with right now.” He also knew they needed to re-connect after the bombshell that Lucy dropped on them. 

They needed to talk about the son he conceived with Lucy.

[.....]
PhotobucketScene Two:
Stone Creek; Now Town
Stone Creek Memorial Hospital; 1st floor.

Photobucket“Here are Frank’s lab results.” Dr. Daphne Wilkinson spoke to the men in front of her. There was a slight hesitation in her voice and they knew that Daphne was against keeping this a secret from Deborah but she had reassured them that she wouldn’t say a word to her as long as Frank’s lab results came back clear.

She folded her arms. “As I suspected Frank has a clean bill of health, besides being dehydrated the morning he was left alone in that hotel room. Which I want to remind you that I would have liked to keep him over night for observation. Do I have to remind you how unhappy I am about this?”

“Everyday, darling.” Gideon replied, he pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead. “But we need to honor Frank’s wishes and since James already told Deborah the elaborate story of Paris-”

“I don’t think it was my father’s fault.” Emmet spoke up. He stood off to the side, but at the mention of his father’s name he stepped closer.

Gideon nodded his head. “The goods new is that everyone is alright. Frank is home now and he is healthy.” He turned his attention to his wife. “And we can put this all behind us. I know this is difficult to keep a secret like this from Deborah, but it’s not really our secret to tell and there’s no harm in it.”

“There’s a woman out there who could be potentially harmful to the child she is tugging along.” Daphne reminded them. “I don’t think we should just keep that a secret! If you’re not going to tell Deborah about what Lucy did to Frank, could you at least please look into finding Lucy and Sebastian? That little boy could be in danger.”

PhotobucketEmmet sighed. “Frank said himself that Lucy wouldn’t harm the baby.”

“That doesn’t matter, Emmet!” Daphne sighed, she lowered her voice. “There’s a child out there with a woman who we all know doesn’t have a full grasp on reality and how do we know this? She kidnapped Frank Nelson and was able to cart him to Germany unnoticed!”

“How about you get back to work and I will look into this?” Gideon rubbed his wife’s shoulders. He looked at Emmet who seemed to already have his mind made up about the whole situation. “Emmet and I will get back to Frank and see if we can find anything else.”

“Honestly, I don’t want anymore to do with this.” Emmet admitted.

He put his hands up in defeat. “This whole scenario could have possibly ruined my relationship with Iris for good and quite frankly, I’d rather just put this mess behind us. I’m really sorry Dr. Wilkinson, I am. But I can’t help you two find Sebastian.”

PhotobucketEmmet said his goodbye’s and walked away.

“Do you think it’s a lost cause?” Daphne asked.

Gideon shrugged. “I think we have a lot on our plate right now. Finding Lucy and Sebastian is something I will look into for you, darling, but I have to let you know we might not find anything out. Diem was able to help us track down Paul Braun’s credit statements but there’s no saying that Lucy is using his cards still.”

She stepped away. “Maybe we should just focus on our children first?”

“They’re both fine. Greta has started going back to work at the Agency and I’ve got good word that Bentley has been going to the grocery store and keeping himself hydrated at the very least. I know you want to see him, but right now he needs to mourn for his loss.”

Daphne nodded, she knew her husband was right.

[.....]

Scene Three:
2634 W. Parker St., Stone Creek. [Callahan Condo’s #12]
Miles & Greta’s Home.

PhotobucketHe didn’t want to think the worst just yet, because Miles Fowler felt that the worst was already behind them. But he hadn’t heard from his fiance all day today and since they were supposed to have dinner a couple days ago and she flaked. He thought maybe she had went to spend the night with her brother, but would she spend two days with him? Miles sighed.

PhotobucketTheir condo was so eerily quite that it gave him the chills. 

What kind of Detective could lose their future wife? Miles went into the bathroom and noticed that her toothbrush was still in the same place it always was, then he proceeded into their bedroom where Greta kept an overnight bag just in case they had to go somewhere in short notice.

The bag sat snug in their closet.

So evidentially, Greta hadn’t planned on staying anywhere overnight. Had he really not noticed that she was missing from his life? He could argue that since Callum came into town and put him into a coma, Miles had over things pre-occupying his mind. Then with Emily’s death.

Miles’ mind began to panic and he dialed the only number he knew he could. “Gideon, it’s Miles,” he spoke, his words began to form in his throat which caused a throaty panic. “I don’t want to alarm you but have you talked to Greta in the recent days?”

Photobucket

Scene Four:
2634 W. Parker St., Stone Creek. [Callahan Condo’s #29]
Taylor & Dizzy’s Home.

PhotobucketThe advice that Dizzy Roberts received the other day from David ran through her mind as she spent her day off at home. Her roommate Taylor Kern had found himself something to preoccupy his time, which meant that she was left alone to her thoughts.
Which wasn’t something Dizzy wanted to do on her day off.

Usually if something  was bothering her she would call Gail or ask Mac over. But neither were available today and she knew it. So instead she found a bowl of cookie dough and a re-run of Braxton Family Values and sat on the couch. Trying to make sense of the thoughts in her head.

Could she really just break-up with Mac because she had this five year plan that was quickly seeing it’s time expire? When Dizzy had created this plan, she never thought in a million years that she would fall for a man that was eight years younger than her. But now she was and her main concern was if Mac was ready to be a father.

She sighed, hoping that she could talk to him about it soon.

[.....]
Scene Five:
Stone Creek; Sage Gardens.
Alice’s Haven Cafe; Inside.

Photobucket“Is that her?” Kirsten Sutton asked as she approached both Adrian Stone and his baby girl, Violet. She wiped her hands on the towel in her pocket and rubbed the baby girl’s cheek. “You were right, she does look like her mother. Which by the way I see is absent today.”

Adrian nodded. “This is the week that Gail gets to go back to work.”

Kirsten could sense there was some disappointment behind her friend’s words, but she let it pass so they could enjoy their time together. They hadn’t really had time to just talk about life without their respective marital problems, or lack thereof, getting in the way. She smiled at Adrian.

Photobucket“So now that you have Violet all the time, I guess I can ask you how you feel about being a father.” Adrian took a seat at the nearest table and held Violet in his arms. “Has Gail been able to get into her old routine again?”

“She’s getting there, I mean it  is really more her trying to find a distraction more than anything. But I think everything is finally falling into place and as for Violet and I? This just gives us more time to bond together. I’m just hoping that Gail going back to work doesn’t come around and bite her in the butt.”

Kirsten frowned. “What do you mean about that?”

He hesitated to respond. “She really doesn’t like me talking about any of this.”

“She’s not here right now, is she? Besides you’re probably my closest friend these days so I have to pry in your personal life. Go ahead, ask me questions about mine. I’ve never shied away from telling you anything.” Kirsten beamed, a challenge.

“Gail was scared that Violet wasn’t bonding with her. So I think her going back to work has a lot to do with Gail not wanting to face the possible rejection of Violet as her daughter. But really, this just means that she’s not going to be around as much.”

“So you think she’s just trying to escape the fear?”

Adrian looked up at Kirsten. “I feel that she’s going to regret this in the future. But I’m going to be there for her when she realizes it. There’s never going to be a doubt in Violet’s mind that comes from me that her mother doesn’t want to be around her. But Gail’s not making it any easier.”

PhotobucketHe knew that talking to Kirsten about this could come around to bite him in the butt. Adrian considered Kirsten Sutton one of his closest friends as well and since returning to Stone Creek he hadn’t tried to re-connect with any of his old friends. From what he understood though, most of his old friends weren’t people he would have wanted to talk to anyways.

“Have you talked to her about it?” Adrian shook his head. “Maybe you should?”

“I’m going to let her de-stress before we have that conversation.”

“That might be a good idea.” Kirsten poured a glass of coffee for Adrian and looked at Violet once more. “This little girl is too cute to not want to be around every single second of every single day.” She looked at Adrian. “For what it’s worth I think that you’re going to be an excellent father.”

There was something in her eyes that pained Adrian. For a second their relationship flashed before him and he wanted to go back and explore why exactly they didn’t work out. But then Violet started to whimper and he was sucked back into reality.

“Thank you.” He replied, looking down at his baby girl.

[.....]
Scene Six:
2634 W. Parker St., Stone Creek. [Callahan Condo’s #29].
Taylor & Dizzy’s Condo.

Photobucket“What-what are you doing?” Taylor Kern asked, he had left a couple papers at the condo so he had to come back home to get them. But once he found his roommate Dizzy on the couch hands deep in a bowl of cookie dough he knew his work was cut-out in front of him. He temporarily forgot about his meeting and turned his attention to the wounded doctor before him.

She looked back at him and tried to smile.

PhotobucketTaylor walked around the couch, he placed a hand on the bowl and tugged. “You’re not doing this right now, you’re not having a crisis on my ten-thousand dollar couch.”

“Ten-thousand dollars?” Dizzy snipped, she looked down at it. “Are you out of your mind paying that much for a damned couch? Do you even have that sort of money to just be splurging on items that your roommate might come home to and mess up?”

He narrowed his eyes. “I paid month-to-month for it.”

“Well as long as you did that.” Dizzy replied, sarcastically. She folded her arms and looked at the bowl that was now in Taylor’s hands and far from her grasps. Taylor caught on to what she was thinking about and tried to snap her out of it. “Seriously you’re not thinking of eating this whole bowl, are you?”

“When you were having a crisis, I didn’t stop you-”

“Yes you did!” Taylor jumped. “When I was having my Aidan crisis you stuck your nose into my business and when Mac was falling all for Cassie Lakhani you dragged him to the New Years Eve Ball just so that he could make his move. So I ask you one more time Desiree Luanne Roberts-”

Dizzy sat-up straight. “You did not just use my full name!”

“What’s it to you?” He challenged.

PhotobucketShe narrowed her eyes, but then sat back in defeat. “It’s this whole thing with your brother, it has got me thinking about if we are ready to have children and it’s all your fault I’d like to let you know! I’ve been thinking about it this whole time!”

Taylor chuckled.

“What’s so funny?”

He shrugged, but once he realized that Dizzy wasn’t following he turned around and sat next to her on the couch. Taylor knew exactly the answer that Dizzy needed and since he knew Mac the best out of anyone else in Stone Creek, he knew he was the perfect person to tell her.

“My little brother is far more mature for his age, if you just talked to him about children I’m sure he would be on board with it. You should know this by now, Dizzy.” Then he did what he thought he’d never do. Taylor stuck a spoon into the bowl of cookie dough and took a bite.

“Now do you understand?” Dizzy asked.

Taylor nodded his head and exclaimed. “This is amazing!

“Now give it back.”

He shook his head, guarding the treat from Dizzy.

[.....]
Scene Seven:
Now Town; Thurlow Lumber Mill Building
James Thurlow’s Office.

Photobucket“We need to talk.” James Thurlow spoke, it was a voice that he had used many times before. Usually whenever he needed to call a meeting together and explain the new safety codes or when he had to fire someone from the office. But today, it wasn’t for either reason.

He turned his attention to his friend Frank. “Can I see you in my office for a minute or two?”

Frank eye’d him suspiciously, but complied.

Once they were in James’ office and away from earshot. James turned to his oldest business associate and put on a smile. “Gideon called me earlier and wanted me to let you know that you have a clean bill of health. He would have called you, but you know... Which reminds me-”

Photobucket“I know, I know...” Frank sat down before James. “I need to get a new phone. I already sent my assistant out to get me one as soon as I got into the office.”

James chuckled. “I was actually going to say that since your little ‘trip to Paris’ I’ve been thinking that we need to be more secure here at the office. When you were missing I hate to say it, but I had no idea what to make of the weekly finance reports and it really troubled me.”

“I’m here now.” Frank assured him.

“But what happens the next time you’re not?” The question fell between them for a minute. “I have been thinking that we need to hire someone to fill the Financial Assistant position that has been so effortlessly vacant for the last ten years. I don’t feel like our company is safe anymore without a back-up.”

“You understand?” James added, getting a head nod.

Frank jumped up from his seat. “So would you like me to get my assistant started searching for the candidate when he gets back from getting my new phone?”

Photobucket“I actually have somebody in mind.” James admitted, her leaned back in his chair. “I really don’t know if he is up for the position right now with his current circumstances but I really do want him for the job. If you’d like, just leave me to this one thing. Besides I’m going to need you to help clean up the mess I made while you were gone.”

“Sounds like a plan to me. I do rather know who you are hiring to shadow me thought, keeping secrets right now? I think I’m keeping enough of my own secrets, don’t think I can stomach anymore.” He sighed, heading towards the door. He doubled back. “I appreciate you keeping Deborah out of the Lucy debacle.”

“I’m just glad that you’re back.” James answered, truthfully. “When he says yes, I’ll let you know who this mystery guy is.”

Frank nodded. “Lets put everything behind us.”

“Already did. Just make sure you treat your wife better, Frank. Deborah is an amazing woman and any man would be lucky to have her. Don’t take her for granted this time, as you’ve already seen, you’ve almost lost her once before. I don’t want to see what happens if it’s for good next time.”

He frowned. “I won’t let that happen again.”

[.....]
Scene Eight:
Now Town; Harper Smites
Deborah Nelson’s Office.

PhotobucketDeborah looked at the fax machine, waiting for a letter a friend of her’s was faxing over. All the while her mind kept flashing back to when she received the letter from Lucy Hahn about Frank having a son named Sebastian. It was such a strange feeling. As if everything she had thought was actually coming true.

She shuttered.

When Frank went missing Deborah had thought it had something to do with Lucy. That maybe Frank had chosen to raise his son with Lucy and far away from his wife and friends. Who could blame him? His marriage was hanging on threads at the time. It wasn’t until James reassured Deborah that Frank was in Paris that she really started to relax.

But then something kept biting at her.

Deborah would lay awake late at night and think about it. Not having Frank in their bed was easy for her to just lay there without having to fake like she was asleep. 

“Dr. Nelson?” Cassie Lakhani asked, from behind.

The older woman turned around and smiled, caught off-guard she motioned for Cassie to sit down on the couch. Then Deborah went back tot eh fax machine and noticed the paper was being sent to her. She smiled because she knew that she would finally be getting her answers.

Her attention refocused on her patient, Cassie. “Now, lets get started shall we?”

[.....]
PhotobucketScene Nine:
Stone Creek; Now Town.
Stone Creek Police Station; Main Station.

“What do you mean you lost track of her?” Gideon Wilkinson fumed, he placed everyone’s attention on himself when he shouted. This was the first time that the Chief of Police had showed any sort of anger since the Damien Crenshaw fiasco two years ago.

“Can we talk in your office?” Miles asked, embarrassed.

“No.” Gideon replied, he looked around the station. Although he wasn’t one to make a scene, Gideon knew that if he chewed Miles out in front of everybody they would all fall into line. Besides the more people who knew that Greta Wilkinson was missing the better chance of finding her. 

Photobucket“We are going to talk about this right now. Because quite frankly I would never do anything to let my daughter down and if she is missing... If she’s missing then I need to pull a team together to figure out where she is.” He looked around and a couple officers ran off to get the investigation started.

Miles stepped up. “Let me help.”

Gideon turned back to him. “You’ve helped enough Detective. Maybe my daughter was right and that you needed more time to recuperate? Because from what I’ve seen you’ve done nothing to help this investigation. Emily Roscoe’s killer is still out there and now my daughter, your fiance, is missing.”

“Exactly why I need-”

“To go home.” Gideon walked over to Miles and whispered. “I’m not trying to blame you for this Miles, but I really need you to get out of the police station and go home. Maybe she will show up there and we can call this whole thing off. But right now, I have to break it to my wife that her only daughter is missing. So please, go.”

Miles gulped, shaking his head. 

[.....]
PhotobucketScene Ten:
1525 Mauve Ln., Stone Creek. [Willow Glen Manor]
Emmet & Iris’ Home.

After his morning with the Wilkinson’s trying to cover-up the mess that involved practically everybody in his life all Emmet Thurlow wanted to do was take a shower and rest. He had even pushed off a couple meetings so that he could do so. But once he entered the house he found that the option to relax wouldn’t be possible.

“I’ve been waiting for you to get home.” Iris Galloway spoke, she helped herself out of her chair and turned to Emmet. Her brown eyes were stained with mascara, which under any other circumstances Emmet would ask what was wrong. But this time he was afraid to know.

PhotobucketHe gulped. “What are you doing at home during the day?”

Iris lowered her head.

“Shouldn’t you be at work Iris? I thought that you were going back to work at the elementary school once we got back from Germany.”

She shook her hair out of her face and looked away from Emmet, embarrassed. “When I lied to you about Lucy coming back to Stone Creek, it really did break me down Emmet. The way you’ve been treating me, I completely understand the way you feel-”

“Do you?” He asked, astonished.

“Can I finish?”

“Go ahead.” He huffed.

Iris nodded. “I knew that Lucy was going to drop the bombshell about Sebastian being Frank Nelson’s son and the first thing I should have done was come to you, but I didn’t. Emmet, the things I did for Lucy were out of love for my best friend and I’m sorry that they ended the way that they did. But you have to understand...”

“Why are you home early from work?”

“They fired me.” Iris said, she rubbed her neck.

Emmet took the new information in. Obviously Iris had been fired because she was being so careless and started to worry more about Lucy Hahn and not her work. “Why?”

“You know the reason why.” She scoffed.

Photobucket“But I want to hear it from you.”

“I failed you, I’m sorry. But what do you want me to say Emmet?” She folded her arms. “What is there left to say because quite frankly I’m so tired of trying to find the right words to tell you that I’m sorry for what I did. When do I get a break here? I’d love for you to tell me.”

“I don’t know.” Emmet shook his head.

Iris frowned. “What do you mean you don’t know Emmet? Because you’re scaring me right now. I’ve been trying really hard here to keep it together and god knows I’m not the type of person who can refrain from a breakdown. But I can’t read you and it’s scaring me.”

“We’re not even married yet and I’m already thinking about a divorce.”

He licked his lips. There was a point in his life when he wanted nothing more than to have Iris Galloway as his wife, he even proposed to her twice. But today, standing in front of her as she tried to hold herself together just wasn’t cutting it. Emmet couldn’t see himself spending the next couple years with her. 

She shook her head, her eyes locked on his. “I’ve fallen madly in love with you Emmet Thurlow.”

“Then why did you lie?” He pleaded.

Iris opened her mouth to talk, but she couldn’t get anything out. Instead she moved closer to Emmet who immediately stepped back.

[.....]
PhotobucketScene Eleven:
Stone Creek; Now Town.
The Stone Creek Ledger

Leia Joplin held the phone to her ear as she walked towards her boss’ office. While she had come to work early to get started on the project that Leia still didn’t want to do, one of the girls sent a message to her about Seth Keeler wanting to meet with her. So she took a deep breath and made her way to his office, wondering if all he wanted to talk about was her mother, Diem.

Photobucket“Yes, mother,” Leia said, immediately she had called up her mother to see if their date had went well and that Seth wasn’t firing her. Which Diem replied that he better not hold anything that happens between Seth and Diem against Leia just because she was Diem’s daughter.

She chuckled. “Mother, everything is fine. I honestly just wanted to call you and see how your date was. I’m sorry I didn’t ask before but I’ve just been so busy here with work and I didn’t want to bother you with my pesky questions.” Leia admitted.

“Listen, I’m just getting into Seth’s office.” Leia spoke, knocking on her boss’ door. “How about I talk to you tonight at home? A movie night with ice cream?” She knew her mother wouldn’t turn it down. “Alright, I’ll see you then and don’t worry, I’ll let you know what Seth says today.”

Entering her boss’ office, Leia, smiled once he greeted her. “It’s good to see you today, Leia. I’m glad you were able to take time away from the editing room.”

“Of course,” She placed her phone in her pocket and found a seat in front of him. Not knowing exactly why he had called her into the meeting she looked at Seth with mystery. “Just curious exactly why you called me here alone with out my co-editor, Marina.”

He looked at her sympathetically. “Because I was wondering if the reason you didn’t want to take on the Spousal Abuse Project, was something personal? You don’t have to share it with me, I completely understand if it was. But if you feel uncomfortable in anyway, you don-”

“I’m fine.” Leia jumped up, she tried to smile. “There’s nothing in my past that I’m afraid of Mr. Keeler and I have no problem with taking on this project. I just didn’t know if we were going to be turning away some readers because of the sensitivity of the issue, that was all.”

PhotobucketSeth smirked. “Don’t you worry about that, we’ve got everything covered.”

“Good.” Leia gulped. “I should go.”

“Alright, if you have any questions just go ahead and ask me. I want all of my employees to know that they can come to me with any issues they’re having. I noticed that your friendship with Marina is a little strained and I hope it wasn’t because I gave you the article about Emily Roscoe.”

Leia shrugged. “It has a little to do with that, but it’s nothing we can’t solve ourselves.”

He looked at Leia sympathetically. “If you need anything.”

“I won’t come to you about personal matters Mr. Keeler.” Leia chuckled, she then looked at him sternly. “I think you should focus your attention more on my mother and not worry so much about my partnership with Marina Thurlow. I would never let personal feelings get in the way of business.”

Seth smiled. “You’re mother is a very gorgeous woman, she’s lucky to have you.”

“As cliché as it sounds, I’m lucky to have her.” Leia got up to leave. “If that’s all Mr. Keeler, I’d like to get back to working on our project.”

“Call me Seth.” He assured.

Leia nodded her head knowingly. “My mother can call you Seth.”

[.....]

Scene Twelve:
Now Town; Harper Smites
Deborah Nelson’s Office.

After her session’s were over, Deborah, made room for her lunch with her husband Frank. She was glad that he was finally back in Stone Creek and not all the way in Paris, France. Especially since they had so much to talk about, mostly to do with Lucy Hahn. Deborah shuttered at the name.

She knew that it took two people to have an affair and was clear that it took two people to have a baby. To even think that Frank had had a baby with another woman was awful enough but to know, to have it clarified, that he had a baby with a younger, more attractive woman, Deborah couldn’t even finish the thought.

So instead she dialed her husband’s number.

Deborah wasn’t the type of person to have lunch in her office. There were too many chances that food would fall on the floor and if the cleaning crew didn’t pick-up the crumbs she might get ants. Ants were a sign of a dirty person and Deborah wasn’t de-shelved enough to be a dirty person.

That is why she offered that they have lunch at Sisyphean’s because then the ants would be someone else’s problem. Her husband’s cellphone went to voicemail after several rings and instead of leaving a message she simply hung-up. Deborah sighed, curious as to why he wasn’t answering when he said he would.

She looked at her watch, then dialed his office number.

There obviously could be numerous reasons as to why he wasn’t answering. But after the last couple of months the only thing that Deborah could think about was one: Lucy Hahn. She imagined that the younger woman had called Frank and asked her to meet somewhere in town, alone.

When his office phone went to voicemail Deborah slammed her phone down on the cradle. Disgusted with what was happening and what her mind was leading her to believe. She knew it couldn’t be true, Deborah knew that there was a logical explanation. It just all was too fresh.

She closed her eyes and leaned on her desk, hands to her forehead.

[.....]

Scene Thirteen:
Stone Creek; Now Town.
Candle Light City Park; Running Trails.

PhotobucketGideon Wilkinson had told his detective Miles to go home and wait for word from his girlfriend, Greta Wilkinson. But he couldn’t just wait around and although he felt it was selfish that he didn’t stay home and wait for a sign that she was alright, Miles needed to clear his mind. After all, the only way for him to think straight was to clear his mind.

The simplicity of the thought almost matched how easy it was for Miles to get back into running. Before Miles was shot at the New Years Eve Ball earlier this year, he was running on a regular basis. Even in High School he was on the track team.

So to have went so long without running, he felt that running the four miles that he did was exceptional. Also by doing this he was going against the suggestions of his doctor.

Miles stopped at a bench halfway through the park and took a breather. Had he really gone that long without talking to his fiance Greta? After he woke up from his coma, all he wanted to do was talking to Greta and sometimes while both were apart, he would call her just to hear her voicemail. Now he found himself flipping his phone open and listening to the last voicemail that she had left him.

Her voice seemed so cheerful and excited. Yet he couldn’t figure out what had happened after the moment she ended the call. Her assistant had told Miles that Greta was headed out to see a client about a house, but the client was unreachable and the house that she was showing showed no signs of foul play.

The young detective looked around the park as he played her voicemail once more. How could he have lost his fiance in Stone Creek? A city that they had bought known so well, like the back of their palm. Miles frowned, closed his phone and then continued his run in hopes that his mind would be cleared.

[.....]
Scene Fourteen:
Stone Creek; Now Town.
A House for Rent; Inside.

There was enough light in the room for Greta Wilkinson to get onto her feet from the position she had remained in for what seemed like hours. Her mouth, sore from yelling for help. She trembled, from head to toe and her light brown skin showed signs of cuts and bruises. Greta remembered tumbling down the stairs.

Which meant she could still be in the basement.

PhotobucketShe looked up, her neck feeling the aftermath of the fall, she winced in pain and looked around the room. It was definitely a basement and she didn’t think anyone would be able to hear her now. There were no windows or doors that led out of the basement other than the entrance from the kitchen. She knew this because this had to be the very home Greta had showed many times before.

The dim light must have been from around the corner where the beginning of the steps sat and waited at the door to the kitchen. Greta leaned her body against an empty shelf, dusting herself off she took a deep breath. But all she could taste was the stale bitter air of yesterday. How long had it been? Greta made up her mind that she didn’t want to know. Instead she tried to walk, her knees ready to buckle.

Where would she go though? There had to be someone in the house or there would be no reason to keep her untied in the basement. Nobody would make it this easy to get free. 

And as if on cue, the sound of the door creaking open echoed in her ears as it was accompanied with the sound of someone walking down the stairs. Their heavy feet coming closer. Greta bent her knees and felt around for the ground, keeping her body as low as she could get it in hopes they wouldn’t find her.

She looked up once the person approached her and she looked up at them in fear. “What do you want?” Her voice croaked with thirst. “I’ll give you anything you want, just please let me go!” Her eyes filled with tears as they seeped down her cheeks and into her mouth.

Greta looked down at her hands, how dirty and dry they were. “Please!” She roared with dread of what would come next.

Photobucket

Next Time, On Concrete Shelves
+Gideon is desperate to get his daughter back.
+An assumption could cause disaster for one couple.
+Marina sets-off a series of events.
+Someone gets an offer they can’t refuse...