Friday, March 23, 2012

Empty Handed

Previously, On Concrete Shelves
  • Amanda overhears Aidan talking about Taylor Kern.
  • Someone sent Deborah a picture of Sebastian, claiming he was Frank’s.
  • Miles Fowler finally woke up from his coma.
  • Emily asked Diem to find her parents...
[.....]
Photobucket
[.....]
Scene One:
Stone Creek; Sage Gardens
Stone Creek Community Park
PhotobucketAfter coming to the realization that Taylor Kern was a man, Amanda didn’t know what to think. Kirsten had told Aidan Jurado that he should let his heart choose who he had wanted to be with; Amanda was sure she heard Kirsten mention Taylor’s name. But now, standing in front of him it dawned on her that she might be out of his league.
Amanda frowned, “Are you sure?”
“Am I sure that my name is Taylor Kern?” The man seemed taken back by the accusation, but he quickly recovered. “I’m pretty sure that has always been my name. But I could be wrong!”
“But you’re a man.” Amanda shuffled around, trying to keep herself from falling over upon this newest revelation. She sighed, heavily.
Taylor nodded his head. “And you’re a woman.”

He could feel Amanda walk around him, examining him. “Is something wrong Barbie?”
PhotobucketAmanda placed her hand to her lips and gasped. This whole time she had been scared that Aidan would leave her for a woman named Taylor Kern, but she couldn’t prepare herself to learn that Taylor was a man. Was Aidan really going to leave her for a man?
“Do I know you?” Taylor tilted his head.
She quickly shook her head no. “I have to be somewhere, I’ve got to go.”
Amanda stepped back.
“To work, right?” Taylor stepped closer to Amanda. But she took another step back and held her hand on her wrist to help balance the weight of her over-sized bag. The man looked at her with utter confusion. “Are you alright?”
“I’m fine. No,” Amanda shut her eyes. “I’m sick. I have to go somewhere. I have somewhere to be...” She looked at Taylor one last time, with tears in her eyes. “Have a good run! I don’t think I can stomach going to work right now.” She spoke, turning away to leave.
[.....]
Scene Two:
510 Auburn Rd., Stone Creek. [Nelson Home]
Frank & Deborah’s Home
PhotobucketWhen Frank Nelson arrived home, he could almost sense the friction in the house. As if a gas leak was about to take the whole block with it at the snap of a finger. He went over the message that his wife left for him and tried to find any clue that would alert him to what was happening. But nothing was coming.
He stepped into the Hallway and turned his head to see Deborah Nelson sitting with her back towards him in the Dining Room. An envelope in view over her shoulder and somewhere in the pit of his stomach he knew what was happening.
Frank knew why Deborah had been so anxious for him to get home. “Debbie...”
The woman started to weep, getting up from her seat and turning to face Frank. The picture of Sebastian in her clutches, neither of them needed to speak. For a couple minutes, neither of them did. Instead they looked at each other and mesmerized the look of distrust.
PhotobucketHow had they spent so many years together to now watch their lives crumble because of a picture. A picture of an innocent child that Frank had only glimpsed at the Airport. 
“I needed to wait for the right moment.”
Deborah scoffed, almost hysterically. “Moment? Frank there isn’t a right moment to tell your wife that you’ve been sleeping with your secretary! There isn’t a ‘right’ moment. We make that excuse up so that we won’t have to ever face the truth.”
She dried her eyes.
“That day in the Airport when we left to see the kids-”
“Don’t.” Deborah stopped him, she began to crumble up the picture. “Don’t tell me about it. I don’t want to ruin the only perfect moment we’ve had in years for that slut. You’re not allowed to taint our only good week away from your lies.”
He watched as she held the picture between her hands. “I ended the affair when I sent Lucy to Sunset Valley.”
Deborah nodded her head. “I figured as much. I spent months denying there was an affair Frank. I tried to tell myself that you were a good man and that you would never cheat on me. How could you even think of cheating on me?! There’s a type of man that does that...” 
Her gaze lingered on her husband. “I never pictured you to be that man. I suspected you were, but I always gave you the benefit of the doubt.”
“I lov-” Frank braced himself when the picture was hurled at his face. “Don’t do this Debbie.”
There was another moment of silence as she glared at him through cold eyes. “You already ruined everything. We were supposed to be faithful to each other Frank. I picked you as my husband because you were always so self-deploring! You didn’t have the courage to be a leader like James or Patrick.”
Her wavy hair dangled as she explained to Frank why she married him, why she always felt safe with him. “Patrick Sutton married your sister so he could have the perfect prize trophy, I would never let that be me! While James had his life already planned, there was no room for his wives to have career’s of their own. But you... you were supposed to be different.”
“I am different!” Frank shouted. “I love you!”
Deborah tilted her head, her eyes in pain. “I can’t forgive you Frank, it’s not within me.”
[.....]
Scene Three:
813 Crystal Hill St., Stone Creek. [Bayou Oaks Condos #21]
Aidan Jurado’s Condo
PhotobucketAfter everybody left Aidan looked around his place. Being on his own now seemed like the right thing he had to do. Now he had a job, with the help of his cousin Kirsten of course, but still his own job. One day, hopefully in the near future Amanda will join him.
Back home, Aidan had lost sight of who he was. 
There had been this feeling of never living up to his father’s ideal of what Aidan should be. He had spent many nights laying awake trying to find a way to make Mathias Jurado proud of him, but failed each time. Not even his ex. boyfriend could keep him occupied.
But now things were different. 
He pictured Amanda in her underwear, the scent of her perfume lingering in the air as she twirled around on the couch. Encouraging him to join her as she basked in the light from the window. There was a feeling inside of him that only wanted her so Aidan joined Amanda on the couch.
Their lips touching.
Aidan closed his eyes as they continued to explore each other’s bodies on the couch. How easy it was to fall into her grasp as her arms began to lift his body up. Higher onto the couch and then a chuckle erupted. But it wasn’t Amanda’s voice that he heard.
It was deeper. Much deeper.
PhotobucketHe opened his eyes to see Taylor Kern on top of him, the hands so strong caressed Aidan’s face. Instead of pulling away, Aidan leaned up and their lips met as if they had done for months. As if Amanda didn’t even exist in real life, but was a memory meant to keep them apart.
“It’s you.” Taylor Kern spoke, pulling away.
But Aidan jumped up off the couch. Ripped from his dream about both Amanda and Taylor and thrust back into reality. He looked around the room and found himself there alone. Nobody was on the couch, waiting for Aidan to join them. The sun, although shining wasn’t penetrating the window invitingly.
Aidan took a couple deep breaths before he looked down and noticed that his pants were unbuttoned and the zipper pulled down. He looked around, hoping that nobody was in the Condo. Quickly he zipped his jeans back up and gulped.
There was something in him that wanted Taylor Kern.
Photobucket
Scene Four:
Stone Creek; Sage Garden’s
Stone Creek Community Center; Meeting Room #3
Photobucket“Listening to everyone else’s story makes me feel like I’ve always been a dramatic little rich girl.” Charlene Sutton admitted as she shared a coffee with her newest companion. 
He looked at her with a grin. “Everybody feels like that their first time in a meeting like this. It makes you realize that there are more people like you out there is all. If I were you, I’d take a lot more positive out of this meeting than negative.”
“Things like negativity won’t let you sleep at night.” Reichen spoke, a grim look on his face.
But Charlene was too busy stirring her coffee to notice. She looked back at Reichen with a smile, “I will definitely take nothing but positivity out of this meeting. Bringing me here.. I just want to say thank you Reichen for letting me know about this place.”
“I take it that you’ll be a regular then?” Reichen smiled.
Charlene nodded her head.
“Good.” He walked Charlene out of the building and into the Hallway of the Community Center. “I know it is hard to let people in all the time, or to talk about your emotions the way you did in there. Especially sharing that information with your family...”
“I love them,” Charlene replied, matter-of-fact, “but I feel like they are always judging me.”
Reichen agreed. “They don’t mean to, I’m sure.”
“No, they don’t.”
“But people in our ‘normal’ lives like to believe we are always going to be the same person no matter what happens. Especially our families, they need us to never change even if our situations or lives do.” Reichen admitted, he looked at Charlene. “We evolve on a daily basis.”
Charlene knew that Reichen was right, that her family didn’t understand her. She had always felt that everyone in her life had always expected her to be the poor, helpless Charlene that they grew to love. Or at least tolerate in some instances. That because she tried to change, everyone around her thought something was wrong.
She looked at her feet and noticed the boots that she wore. They were expensive, probably worth more than the entire Community Center. But even though they were made from the most expensive fabric, they still began to fade and they still tore at the seems if she wore them long enough.
“What about your family?” Charlene asked.
Reichen shook his head. “They’re lovely actually. They live their lives pretending that everything is alright and that they are supposed to be helpless in the little ways that they are.”
“Do you see them?”
He sighed. “Not since I tried to kill myself.”
[.....]
Scene Five:
505 Auburn Rd., Stone Creek [Thurlow Cottage]
James & Caitlyn’s Home
PhotobucketMegan Sutton went running into the Living Room as soon as her step-grandmother opened the front door, as if Caitlyn Thurlow had bribed the little girl to do so. The older woman, frazzled her hair as she hung up their coats and wandered around the home.
She had received a text from her husband, James. 
After asking James to meet them at their home, she rushed there to confront him. There had been so much going on for their friends Frank and Deborah Nelson that the stress between James and Caitlyn was building. Even after her continued attempts to avoid Damien failed, she needed to take control of her life.
So she stood in the doorway to the Kitchen where she found James making a pot of coffee. “I didn’t even think you could make it on your own.”
James turned to his wife with a chuckle. “I had to raise three children without Helen around, I picked up a few things.” He replied, leaning against the counter as his wife watched him from the other side. “Where’s Megan at?”
“The Living Room.” Caitlyn motioned.
He shook his head. “So, you texted me about meeting you here at home? I know that I snapped at you about staying out of Frank’s business the other day Cate and for that, I want to tell you that I am sorry. There’s a part of me that just hopes you understand that we can’t get into their business.”
“I understand James.” Caitlyn walked around the counter and stood next to her husband. Grabbing his right hand and clutching her hands to it. “There’s just something I want us to talk about. It has been bothering me ever since all the lies that Frank had been keeping started coming out.”
“What is that?”
“We can’t keep secrets between us.” Caitlyn admitted, she shook her head. “I won’t lose you.”
PhotobucketJames brought her hands to his lips and kissed them. “Alright then, you already know that I could never lose you Cate and that is a fact. We have been through a lot in the last couple years with Damien Crenshaw around. But we have stood as a united front.”
“I lied about him keeping his distance.” James perked up, his eyes alert. “At first I thought that I could handle it on my own because he is still the man that I once loved. But now I know that it was only hurting us in the long run. You asked me before about putting a restraining order out.”
“Do you want to?” James asked.
“I do.”
James placed his mug on the counter and pulled his wife into a hug, kissing her forehead lightly. “Then I will get Gideon on the phone later today so we can figure all of this out. We are doing this for the both of us Cate and I am proud of you for that.”
She smiled, a tinge of sadness in her eyes.
[.....]
Scene Six:
2300 Cranberry St., Stone Creek. Stone Creek Apartments #18
Bentley Wilkinson’s Apartment.
PhotobucketCassie Lakhani pulled the card over and revealed it to be an eight of hearts, cheerfully she clapped her hands together and pointed to Miles Fowler. “Eight is mate, so whenever I drink you drink!” She motioned towards the cup of fruit punch he had in his hands.
“Thank god I didn’t pull another King.” She remarked, raising her glass up to cheers with her close friend, Miles.
After the duo finished their turn, Cassie turned to the person to her right. “Your turn Emily.”
Emily Roscoe nodded her head. “Okay, but I still don’t understand how this game ends.” It was clearly evident that Emily was on the verge of being drunk already. She snickered when Bentley rolled his eyes at her, having to explain the rules to his fiance once again.
“I’m sorry!” She pouted.
“It’s easy, we keep taking turns until someone pulls the last King.” Bentley turned to Miles.
Taking it as his cue, he finished the rules. “Then that person has to drink the entire mug in the center.”
The brunette looked at the mug as it had already been filled to the top with beer, wine and Miles’ fruit punch. She frowned as she looked back down at the remaining cards and noted that there weren’t much left to pick from. “Alright, here goes nothing!”
Emily turned over the card nearest her and revealed it to the be final King. “No!”
“Yes!” Bentley shouted.
Everyone in the room clapped, signaling the end of the game. Greta and Miles jumped up from their seats on the couch with Cassie Lakhani as she signaled it was time for her to leave. They lingered at the door when Leia Barsky joined them.
Emily pouted, she looked at Bentley. “I can’t drink this entire thing.”
Photobucket
She scooted closer to him, bringing the mug with her and setting it in front of Bentley.
“You are not going to cheat like that.” Bentley chuckled, kissing her forehead as she leaned on him for support. He knew that Emily had already had enough alcohol to put her to sleep. “Are you really asking me to drink this for you Em?”
“Only this much.” Emily replied, continuing to point lower on the mug. “I promise I will drink the rest.”
Bentley looked at her. “There won’t be anymore left!”
“Drats!” She quipped.
Emily scooted the mug closer to Bentley until her decided to drink it.
While at the door Cassie Lakhani said her goodbye’s to everyone. Telling Miles that she was happy he was alright, but she needed to go see her son. “Thanks for inviting me. For everything that we’ve been through lately Greta, I’m sorry for arguing with you.”
“Don’t worry about it.” Greta replied. “Thanks for coming.”
[.....]
Scene Seven:
813 Crystal Hill St., Stone Creek. [Bayou Oaks Condos #21]
Aidan Jurado’s Condo
PhotobucketHe walked over to the front door and pulled it open. His visitor had been knocking for the last couple minutes, pulling Aidan away from his work he was doing for The Lakeside Inn. By the time he was able to make it to the door he was nothing but irritated.
“Amanda?” He asked, confused.
His girlfriend pushed past him and turned on her heel. “We need to talk.”
“I thought you were at work.”
Amanda tilted her head in anger. “I had to call one of the other bartender’s in because I ran into a friend of yours at the park today and I couldn’t wait to see you. We need to talk Aidan.”
He moved closer to Amanda, but she stepped back.
Photobucket“Are you alright?”
“No!” She shouted.
Confused, Aidan closed the front door and walked Amanda into the Kitchen where he opened two bottles of water. “Okay, well then let’s figure this out together. I was really glad that you were able to come over and help with the condo. I would really like for you to move in with me.”
Amanda pushed Aidan away in disgust. “I know about Taylor!”
His face turned pale.
“Exactly! How could I not know you were only using me to hide the fact that you are in love with a man! You know how weird that is to say out loud?” Amanda asked him, “I’m sure you don’t, because you’re so damned good at keeping it to yourself!”
Amanda turned on her heel and headed for the door.
“Wait!” Aidan ran after her, he turned his girlfriend by her arm.
But instead of giving him time to explain, Amanda tugged the water bottle out of his hands and tipped it over on his head. Chucking the bottle to the side and slapping Aidan across the face. “I needed to do something dramatic! Damn you Aidan, I hate you!”
He stood there as Amanda once again attempted to leave the condo, this time she slammed the door as she did so.
[.....]
Scene Eight:
Stone Creek; Cuttlebone Lake
The Lakeside Inn; Frank Nelson’s Room
Photobucket“I just wanted to check-in with you James about the paper work back at the office,” Frank Nelson reminded his long-time friend and employer, “I left a couple notes for Emily to follow but I need a couple days just to get back on my feet with the whole Deborah thing.”
He walked in a circle, trying to keep himself calm. “Thanks again, give Caitlyn my regards.”
Hanging up the phone, Frank sighed heavily. There was a part of him that wanted to go back home and reason with his wife about the affair. But he knew the right thing was to stay away and give Deborah the space she deserved. Frank looked out at the view of the Lake.
There was a time when it cleared his mind. “I just need to figure out who sent Deborah that picture.”
Something inside of Frank told him to call up Lucy Hahn and ask her about the pictures, but he knew that even if he did get a hold of the younger woman. She had no want to confess something that would ruin his marriage. He didn’t blame her.
But Frank had hoped that Lucy had left for Germany and found a life of her own.
Frank ran his hands through his hair. At least now, he had time to try to work on a couple proposal’s he had going on for Thurlow Lumber Mill. Especially now that the Jurado-Thurlow Overseas project was still being reconstructed over in Paris.
Family had been everything that Frank had tried to focus on for so long that he forgot that he was the only one who could destroy it. It all fell back onto the curse of his ancestors and although he knew that he couldn’t blame a myth, Frank felt better doing so.
With his sister’s failed marriage to Patrick Sutton continuing to prove his family was cursed, his ruined marriage to Deborah seemed to be the dagger to the chest he had so longed for. Frank looked at the bar, a couple bottles of top-shelf liquor calling his name.
[.....]
Scene Nine:
2634 W. Parker St., Stone Creek. [Callahan Condo’s #12]
Miles & Greta’s Condo
PhotobucketTaking off her coat, Greta Wilkinson entered the living room where she felt finally at home. She loved that they were able to celebrate the day with her brother and their friends. But she was most definitely glad to be home with Miles Fowler.
She turned to him with a smile. “This is exactly what I thought it would feel like.”
“What would feel like?” Miles asked, scooping her into his arms.
“Both of us finally being home.”
Greta entwined her fingers with Miles’ and the two finally shared a much needed kiss. It was mark the first time the two of them would be alone without an entire hospital staff wandering around or a room full of friends reminding Greta that she almost lost the love of her life.
She pulled away and turned the heater on, hoping the heat would engulf the house so they could curl up on the couch and away from the world. “There’s something we need to talk about, though.”
“Can that wait?” Miles asked, he shook his shoes off and tried to remain focused on Greta. There were still parts of him that needed rest. Although he didn’t mention it to Greta, he was glad that they left the party when they did. Even though he was having fun with their friends, his body was exhausted.
So he sat on the couch and pulled at the shaw Greta had left on the couch.
“It’s about Cassie and her brother.”
PhotobucketMiles turned to Greta. “I know that he shot me.”
“Then you know that Cassie doesn’t want to testify against him?”
He grimaced at the thought. “They share such a horrible past, I don’t understand why Cassie would risk her reputation to try and clear her brother’s name. But then again, it is Cassie. Is this what has the two of you at odds Greta? Do you think Cassie will go through with it?”
“You know her better than I do.” Greta spoke, hollowly.
Miles sighed. “I’ll talk to her.”
“But in the meantime, why don’t you come join me on this couch?” He asked his fiance, he opened his arms for her and watched as Greta made her way towards the couch. A happiness in her eyes that he was happy to finally see. Happy to finally hold her in his arms once again.
[.....]
Scene Ten:
2300 Cranberry St., Stone Creek. Stone Creek Apartments #18
Bentley Wilkinson’s Apartment.
PhotobucketEmily Roscoe drunkenly stumbled into their bed. It was one of the first times she was actually able to call the bed she resided on her’s with Bentley’s. So slowly, she made her way up to her fiance as he lay in bed in his underwear. The soft giggle’s out her mouth kept her balanced.
“How much have you had to drink?” Bentley frowned.
She shook her head. “Not very much.”
“That’s a lie.”
Emily made her way on top of Bentley and held a finger to his lips. Her smile faded as they locked eyes with one another. “I don’t like to tell lies.”
He smirked, knowing she was being truthful. “There’s nobody I would ever want to spend the rest of my life with.”
“I could say the same.” Emily replied, she rolled over onto her back and smirked as she linked arms with Bentley and let him cover the two of them with the blankets. “I was scared that this day would never be. That the two of us would never get our wedding started.”
Bentley rolled over to look at her. “I already told you.”
“I know.”
She messed with her hair as the beers started to wear thin. “I just can’t believe that everything is finally starting to work out in our favor. Everyone is back where we left them. Where we wanted them to be. Like a perfect little dream waiting for us to sleep in it.”
Photobucket
“I have no idea what you are talking about.” Bentley chuckled.
Emily leaned forward and kissed him.
“Should we have sex now?” He asked, pulling Emily on top of him. 
She rolled her eyes. “You ruin the perfect moments, every time.”
“But you love me.”
“I do.” Emily replied, shaking her head. Her hair falling into Bentley’s face and he gently moved it so that he could look into his fiance’s eyes. Once he did so, Emily leaned down and kissed him. Their hands moving along each other’s bodies and taking off their remaining clothes in the process.
[.....]
Scene Eleven:
1509 Mango Ln., Stone Creek. [Briggs Home]
Clifton Briggs’ Home
PhotobucketAfter putting Lucian to sleep, Cassie Lakhani walked into the Living Room where Clifton Briggs was. She stopped at the doorway and admitted how pleasant things had been between the two of them lately. Not that she was falling for him or letting her guard down anytime soon, but it was nice to see eye-to-eye.
He looked up at her and smiled. “What are you thinking?”
“I think it’s time to call my parents, tell them about Callum, if they don’t know already.” Cassie said, pulling her cellphone out of her pocket. “And that it is nice that we are getting along while raising our son.” She added, which caused Clifton much happiness.
Cassie walked into the Foyer and dialed her house number. It had been a long time since she last talked to anyone in her family, let alone talk to them about her personal life. But she knew if they were going to help Callum, this was one of the first steps in doing so.
“Hello?” Iliana Lakhani spoke.
She was taken back by hearing her sister’s voice as Cassie wasn’t aware that Iliana was living back at their parents home. But maybe she was mistaken, maybe Iliana was just visiting. “Iliana, it’s Cassie-”
“Why are you calling?” Her older sister asked, impatient. “Mama wouldn’t want to talk to you, I’m glad I answered the phone before she could get to it. Do you even understand the pain you’ve put her through Cassandra? You just picked up and left!”
PhotobucketCassie sighed, the actions she took as a teenager were definitely selfish. “Can I talk to Papa?”
“You foolish little girl.” Iliana growled. “Did nobody tell you? After both Callum and yourself deserted our family. He left too, left me to deal with Mama! What the hell did I do to have everyone in our family just up and leave so that I had to take care of her?”
“Iliana-”
“No!” Iliana shouted, there was hesitation on the line before she continued, “Don’t call here again Cassie. You’re my sister, I love you. But like Callum and Papa. I would much rather pretend that you were dead.”
Cassie closed her eyes, drying the tears in her eyes when her older sister hung-up the phone. She looked back at the Living Room where Clifton was. Trying to make sense of the conversations she just shared with her sister. Not only did Callum leave, but after Cassie left so did Stavros Lakhani?
She gulped. 
Where was her father going? Obviously he didn’t run after Cassie since she hadn’t seen him in years. How could Cassie had been so selfish and left her mother and sister behind? Her heart ached when Iliana forbid her from calling again. She pictured her mother sick in bed, crying for her missing family members.
Holding the phone to her lips, her thoughts were scattered when Clifton came into the Foyer. Forcing a smile on her face, she informed Clifton that everything was alright.
[.....]
Scene Twelve:
980 Cutler St., Stone Creek. [Faustino Cottages #12]
Diem & Leia’s Cottage
Photobucket“Is that the main reason you stopped talking to me?” Seth Keeler asked through the phone, his voice was full of such distain that Diem Joplin didn’t really know what to say. It never occurred to her that maybe Seth would look past her being Leia’s mother.
At first, Diem wanted to lie and say it was because their age difference. But then she realized that he was only a year younger than she was. Then it made Diem feel even older, like a bitter old hag who never wanted to fall in love. But she did, at one point in her life she really did.
Diem sighed heavily. “I just didn’t want anything to get in the way of Leia’s job.”
“I treat my employees and my personal life as separate things Diem, I would have never treated Leia any different.” He reassured her. “Even if, down the line, we didn’t work out. Leia wouldn’t get punished for it. You have to believe that I do like being around you.”
She smiled. “You do?”
“Yes!” Seth chuckled. “Listen, I know that you haven't really dated anyone in awhile. As much as I try not to, I sometimes give into the gossiping hens around town. I’m not asking you to marry me tomorrow, I’m just asking for a chance.”
Stepping around her chair, she smiled. Dating Seth Keeler would be a step in the right direction to finding love. Diem stopped herself from getting carried away and gulped. “What about Leia, do you think she will feel weird with the two of us dating?”
“So we’re dating now?” Seth teased.
Photobucket“I didn’t mean-” Diem sighed, she wasn’t good at this stuff anymore. “I just meant. Well personally, I don’t even know what I mean. I do like spending time with you Seth, truth is, I can’t really get you out of my head.”
“Good.” Seth replied, a hint of a smile.
Diem shook her head. “I don’t think it’ll be that simple. I have so much work to do here at home and you have a lot to do at the office I am sure. I still have to help Emily Roscoe find her parents.” She mustered, trying to sort through her schedule.
It nearly nixed her mind that Emily still needed some results. Diem Joplin picked up the bracelet that Emily had given her to help track down her parents. She smiled at the thought of Emily’s parents leaving her with such a prized possession. The lettering on the initials dazzled in the light from the Living Room.
“Sometimes things are simple, Diem.” Seth said. “Sometimes the thing you are looking for is right under your nose. Just give me an opportunity to prove this to you Diem. Give me a second chance, another date- just a little of your time?”
Who knows, maybe things were as simple as Seth had suggested? Before she placed the bracelet back on the shelf, she took note of the initials as they dazzled in front of her; D.C., what could that mean? Danielle Crenshaw? “That can’t be right, can it?”
“Excuse me?”
Diem tore her attention back to Seth. “Oh, sorry I was just thinking out loud.”
“Oh, so you’re not even paying attention to the man trying to win you over?” Seth chuckled.
“It’s not that.” Diem pleaded, she tried to convince herself that she was only wishing the bracelet belonged to Danielle. There was no proof that Emily was the little girl. But their birth dates did match up and the fact that Emily was from Chicago just like Caitlyn and Damien were, before they moved, fit perfectly.
“Seth, I would really like another date with you.” Diem replied, hastily. “But something just came up, I am going to have to call you back. I’m so sorry!”
“Is everything alright?”
“I hope so.” Diem replied, she brought the bracelet to her full attention and said her goodbye’s to Seth. Hanging up the phone all together. Trying to sort all of her thoughts, she recalled everything that Caitlyn told her about Danielle and used it to link what Emily could give her about the place she was adopted from.
Partially mouthing her next words, Diem spoke. “Shit.”
[.....]
Next Time, On Concrete Shelves
+Diem thinks she is on to something.
+Charlene notices something off about Reichen.
+Miles pursues Cassie about the charges against Callum.
+Damien reacts to Caitlyn’s latest actions...