Saturday, November 12, 2011

Tell Me A Lie

Previously, On Concrete Shelves
  • Damien was revealed to be running against Patrick for Mayor.
  • Gail fainted at the Halloween party.
  • Ryan paid more attention to Marina than Natalie.
  • Aidan met Amanda at a Halloween party.
[.....]
Photobucket

[.....]
Scene One:
Stone Creek Memorial Hospital
Gail’s Hospital Room
PhotobucketWatching as her two oldest friends slept, Dizzy Roberts leaned against the doorframe. It had been a long night for all of them and seeing Gail in the hospital bed broke her heart. She felt even worse that the news she needed to tell them wasn’t going to be good.
Adrian Stone stirred from his sleep, noticing Dizzy standing in the room he jumped up and tried to wake himself completely. Looking at Gail who was passed out, both of them caught the others eye and knew they needed to talk in private about Gail’s condition.
“What’s going on Dizzy?” Adrian asked as he closed the hospital door behind them.
Dizzy sighed, stepping to the side to stay clear of the hospital traffic. “Well to tell you the truth Adrian, the news isn’t the best that I could offer. After evaluating Gail for the night I found that her blood sugar isn’t normal. Have you noticed her consuming more water? Or complaining of headaches?”
“She’s been tired a lot, but that’s because she’s carrying a child, right?” Adrian shrugged, he looked at Dizzy as she jotted some words down. He peered at the papers, but Dizzy pulled them back. “What is going on Dizzy? Just tell me what happened to Gail!”
“I think she has Gestational Diabetes.” She said flatly. “It is very rare and if Gail was further along in her pregnancy it wouldn’t be as harmful as I fear it could be now. She collapsed because her body was dehydrated, if we didn’t get her into the hospital in time she could have lost the baby.”
Adrian put a hand to his mouth, devastated by the news. “What do we do?”
“I want to monitor a little further to make sure that she is stable. Because she is still early into her pregnancy Adrian I have to tell you that she could miscarry if she isn’t treated right.” Dizzy looked on sympathetically at him. “Gail is going to need you and her family more than ever right now.”
“She has diabetes?” Adrian asked, trying to make sense of the information. “How does that work Dizzy? She has never had health issues before, how does this work?”
Dizzy pulled Adrian back to her attention. “Her body wasn’t able to produce enough insulin for both her and the baby. It happens to some women when they are pregnant. It could be do to stress, unhealthy diet or even a strain of diabetes in her family. The important thing is that we caught it in time and we can help her carry this child to term.”
“Okay.” Adrian nodded. He looked through the window and into Gail’s hospital room. She slept so soundly, unaware of the news that Dizzy had just told her. What was he supposed to do and how was he supposed to tell Gail that she runs the possibility of miscarrying a second child?
[.....]
Scene Two:
980 Cutler St., Stone Creek. Faustino Cottages # 10
Natalie & Amanda’s Home.
Slipping into her clothes, Natalie Marlowe dialed the number to Ryan’s phone. She had just finished taking a shower when she decided to call him up and see what he was doing. They hadn’t been spending too much time together, especially after Halloween.
PhotobucketNatalie could feel the November chill as she reached Ryan’s voicemail again, this time she hung up the phone without leaving a message. The last thing she wanted to do was seem to clingy. Although she stopped herself from dialing his number again in hopes that he would answer it.
She looked around her room and wondered if this is what Marina had to deal with when she dated Ryan. But then snarled at the idea of having to get inside Marina’s head. She wouldn’t be considered to the girl, Natalie was way better in bed.
Taking the phone into her hands again. Natalie skimmed through it and dialed a different number, waiting for its owner to answer and greet her with some sort of distraction. “Hey, Oliver, it’s Natalie.”
“What do I owe the pleasure?” He asked on the other end.
Her body shivered and Natalie knew it wasn’t the November chill. “Meet me at the Lakeside Inn I want to go over a few things about our recent photo shoot and it’s closer to my house than the office.” It was also closer to where Ryan was supposed to be.
Today was the press conference fundraiser where Patrick Sutton would be giving his speech. “Why are we going over the photo shoot Nat? I already told you that it looks fine to me. If this is just to get me in the sack you know your place would do just fine.”
“Get to the Lakeside Inn, damn it!” She demanded before hanging up on the man and flicking her phone onto her bed. She needed to find something else to wear, obviously it had to be dressy so that Ryan could see her more than just a good time.
He needed to see her smart and driven personality.
[.....]
Scene Three:
Cuttlebone Lake.
The Lakeside Inn. Entrance.
Photobucket“I want you to keep Damien Crenshaw away from the platform.” Patrick Sutton told his son as they walked side-by-side. It was a request that he had been playing over in his head. He couldn’t let the man ruin this event and damage Patrick’s votes to be elected as Mayor of Stone Creek.
Charlie stopped his father. “I can’t do that.”
The older man scoffed. “Is this not your fundraiser, Charles? I believe you can damned well do whatever you please to do! Why do you think I like running Sutton Enterprises? Because I like having a headache every damned day? No! Because I get to boss everyone around. I control that company and everyone inside of it.”
“The only reason people are here today is because they are curious as to what Damien Crenshaw has to say to them as the citizens of Stone Creek. They have put money into this fundraiser because they want a reason to not vote for you father, don’t you understand that?”
Patrick turned to the courtyard of the Lakeside Inn, he watched as people made their way to their seats. He knew that Charlie was probably right. It was the reason why he needed to knock Jared Marlowe out of the running. Although he was a descendant from one of the founding families, Patrick was never popular with the towns people.
He turned back to Charlie. “Then don’t mess anything up.”
“You’re the one who will be up on stage.” Charlie reminded him.
Patrick stepped closer to Charlie. “Listen son, I need to win this election. I need to make everything right with your mother and having power over these idiots in Stone Creek is the only way I can do that. I didn’t come all this way to be out-voted by Crenshaw.”
“I don’t see what my mother has anything to do with you being mayor of Stone Creek.” Charlie replied, he stepped away from Patrick as Aidan approached the two.
“Is everything alright?” He asked, walking with caution. “I just wanted to let you know sir that everything is getting set up for your speech. You will have about ten minutes to give a speech and then it will be Damien Crenshaw’s turn. Then we will have a small break before you get to answer questions from the crowd.”
Patrick looked at Aidan and then back at his son, Charlie.
But Charlie refused to make eye contact with his father. “Alright,” Patrick slithered, he took to Aidan’s side as the younger man lead him away from Charlie. “So lets go over this one more time before we have to go on stage.” He spoke, ignoring his son’s presence.
[.....]
Scene Four:
Cuttlebone Lake
The Lakeside Inn.
Gillian Sutton caught up to her fiance as he was on his way to meet Aidan Jurado. She yanked his shoulder and caused him to face her. “I need a favor from you, after everything that we’ve been through, I just need you to promise me that you will take it easy on my father today.”
“Are you seriously asking this of me?” Damien Crenshaw asked, he looked around. “Gillian, your father doesn’t plan on taking it easy on me today so why shouldn’t I do the same? Is this because you still want to reunite with your family?”
Photobucket“They’re my family.”
He scoffed, “Yeah and none of them are reaching out to you. I’ve stood on the sidelines for way too long watching as they just tossed you out because you are in love with me. There’s no way I’m going to take it easy on Patrick Sutton so that you can possibly crawl back to them.”
“I just want them to see the good in you that I see.”
A moment of silence fell between the two of them. Kissing her on the forehead, Damien shook his head. “I’m not going to let him win this election Gillian. That man needs to be taught a lesson and I will be the one to do it. I’ve worked my ass off to be recognized and I will!”
She backed away. “You’re pushing me away!”
“They’re pushing you away!” Damien chuckled. “Do you not understand that? These people in this town Gillian, they’re not your friends. When you needed a place to go, they didn’t take you in! They treated you like a little girl who was acting out!”
“They were trying to protect me.”
Damien tilted his head. “Protect you from what?”
Gillian shrugged. She watched as Damien turned away from her. There was something between the two of them that was never there before. The feel of awkward silence filling the space between them she bit her lip. Was Damien telling the truth? Did he really need to destroy her family so that they could be together?
He then turned back to her. “I’m sick of laying down and watching him walk all over you.”
“Just tell me you will take it easy on him.”
“No!” Damien spat, he turned away once again and continued walking. 
“Shit!” Gillian cursed, leaning against the wall of the Inn. She knew that it was going to be hard to get through to her father but she didn’t think it would be as equally hard to talk Damien down. It was as if both men were made from the same cloth. So stuck on revenge.
She then knew what she had to do and walked away.
---
Our love. Our fights. Our friendships.
On Concrete Shelves.
Forever, they shall be remembered.
---
Scene Five:
2634 W. Parker St., Stone Creek. Callahan Condo’s # 8
Emily’s Apartment.
Bentley Wilkinson washed off the fresh head of lettuce and then handed it to his girlfriend, Emily. When they agreed to have lunch together Bentley didn’t think that a Farmer’s Market would be where they would start off at. But then he learned to expect the unexpected where Emily Roscoe was concerned.
PhotobucketHe had to admit that he liked seeing a new side of her. “How long have you been getting your groceries from that place?” He asked as they prepared their meal in her apartment.
“After the accident and I was settled in.” Emily admitted, referring to the accident she was involved in on her way into Stone Creek. She began to chop the lettuce and stopped, turning to Bentley. “I have always loved searching out little market places. The food is always so fresh and full of flavor.”
“You’re not going to tell me that you’re becoming a vegan on me, are you?” Bentley chuckled, washing the rest of the veggies that they bought. “Nothing wrong with them, I just don’t agree with the whole 'no meat' policy that they have going on.”
Rolling her eyes, Emily smiled. “I’m not a vegan, I just love to visit Farmer’s Markets. The people are so friendly there as well and there are so many different cultures coming together to celebrate a harvest that they grew themselves. Like a small community.”
Bentley looked at Emily as she continued making lunch. “Do you miss your parents?”
“Like I told you, I hardly knew them.” She replied, turning to look at Bentley. There was a sadness in her eyes that he wanted to comfort but knew that if he brought it up she would only change the subject. “I’ve only known my adopted parents and at that, not very well.”
“That man will never hurt you again.”
Emily looked up at Bentley. “John was a good person, he never meant to hurt anybody. It’s just after the cancer and Trudy dying he just lost who he was. Once I turned eighteen I left home and started on my own, he didn’t need a burden like me.”
“Well I need you.” Bentley spoke.
Emily smiled, then she looked around the kitchen. “Lets get this lunch finished up so we can eat. I’m starved and I’m sure you are as well.” She turned away and wiped a tear from her eye.
[.....]
Scene Six:
Stone Creek Memorial Hospital.
Outside Gail Schmidt’s Hospital Room.
Dizzy Roberts stood on the side of her once close friend, Adrian Stone. Her hand rubbed his shoulder and then she looked back at Gail’s father, Dr. David Schmidt. “You already know the procedures Dr. Schmidt, but I just want the two of you to be aware that she needs to recover right now.”
Photobucket“So you don’t think we should tell her?” Adrian asked.
“She’s not allowed to give her opinion.” David spoke, watching the two as they interacted. He placed his fingers against the brow of his nose and tried to concentrate on what was happening before them. It wasn’t too long ago that Gail was confiding in him how happy she was. 
“Well I think right now that is our best option.” Adrian responded, he looked at David. “I know that we have our differences but right now the best thing for Gail is to recover. Dizzy said it herself, we need to keep this from her until she is fully recovered and then we will work on this together.”
“I say you just tell her.” Helen Schmidt spoke, walking up to the group carrying two coffees. She handed her husband one and shot Dizzy a dirty look. “Here you go, a nice warm coffee to keep your head on straight.” Helen knew the dig would make Dizzy uncomfortable.
Dizzy lowered her head. “If you’ll excuse me, I have a couple other patients to see. I’ll be back to check-up on Gail and once you’ve made a decision please inform me so that I could tell the staff what they can disclose with Gail and what they can’t.”
“Thanks Dr. Roberts.” David spoke, formally.
“I think you need to just rip-it-off like a band-aid.” Helen spoke up on the heel of Dizzy’s exit. She sipped her coffee and looked at both men. “She’s a grown woman and I don’t think you two are doing her any favors by hiding things from her. She needs to take care of her body and Gail will get over the shock.”
Adrian shook his head. “I’d rather not get any advice from the woman who tried to destroy us in the first place.”
“What are you talking about?” David asked.
The younger man smirked, looking at Helen. “She didn’t tell you? Of course she wouldn’t! Helen was the whole reason I came back to Stone Creek. She always has some kind of agenda so I think if you would just butt out of any decision that has to do with Gail, I’d appreciate it.”
David’s mouth dropped. “I told you to keep out of Gail’s business.”
“I was only trying to protect you.” Helen spat.
“Maybe you should protect me from somewhere else, I think it would be best if you just left us alone to figure this out Helen. I’m sure there are other things you can do at work?”
Grabbing her things, Helen shook her head. She was only trying to protect David from Gail’s greedy hands but he would never see it that way. So instead she decided it would be best to leave like he wanted. Exiting the Hospital and heading towards the Lakeside Inn.
[.....]
Scene Seven:
Cuttlebone Lake.
The Lakeside Inn. 
Getting the guy at the entrance of the courtyard to let her in wasn’t the hard part. Natalie Marlowe always had it easy getting into places that she wasn’t allowed to. It was one of her few greatest skills, she smiled at the people who made their way around the back of the crowd.
“Stone Creek was built on the idea of prosperity.” Patrick Sutton spoke from the makeshift platform at the front of the stage. “Being a descendant from one of the founding families I have inherited the power and knowledge of this land. We have definitely come a long way from the small Village this City once was and I am determined to keep the fundamentals of our forefather’s alive.”
There was no sign of Ryan at Patrick’s side and it worried her. He had been so adamant about the campaign that she knew he would have showed up here. It wasn’t like him to blow off Patrick Sutton. Which meant that she would be coming second a lot.
Natalie scanned the crowd of people, they all looked so smug and full of wealth. She couldn’t judge them however, since all donated money to get a seat today while she just snuck in. 
Then she saw him, Ryan Bauer, he was standing off to the side talking to Marina Thurlow. It ached her to see them together, Marina probably came by to cover the story for the paper. But they were both laughing and having a good time.
Angrily Natalie turned away and dialed Oliver’s number. “Are you here yet? I got us a hotel so that we can work in private and away from that stupid fundraiser thing. When you get here just go to room 120 and knock, I’ll be inside. Waiting for you out here is making me sick.”
“See you in a bit.” Oliver slithered on the other line.
She slammed her phone shut and looked at Ryan one last time before leaving the courtyard. Then Natalie spots a table with champagne bottles and sneaks one out for her benefit before heading to her room to wait for Oliver.
[.....]
Scene Eight:
2634 W. Parker St., Stone Creek. Callahan Condo’s #29.
Taylor and Dizzy’s Apartment.
Coming home to find her roommate Taylor in his underwear was definitely a perk. Dizzy Roberts watched as the man moved around the kitchen and asked if she wanted anything to eat. She placed her bag on the couch and walked up to him.
“I was actually here on lunch, what are you cooking?” Dizzy asked, eyeing the man as he turned back to the stove and turned the burner down a couple notches.
PhotobucketTaylor then turned back to her. “I was actually cooking us a full course dinner, if you have the time to sit down and eat.”
“Do you always cook dinner in your boxers?” Dizzy asked, with a smile.
He looked down. “Maybe I should go get some clothes on.”
“Maybe I was wrong about having troubles rooming with you.” Dizzy let on, she walked around the counter and opened the fridge. “A man that cooks and looks as good as you do in your underwear as my roommate? I might have to watch out, we might be sharing a bed soon.”
Taylor chuckled, he then looked at her embarrassed as she was serious. “Although that’s flattering Dizzy, but there’s something that you need to know about me.”
“You’re not really some kind of serial killer, are you?” She joked.
“Nope, not the Dexter type.” Taylor replied. “Dizzy, I don’t want this to change our little arrangement or anything but we can’t do anything physical because I’m not exactly attracted to you in that way. I hope you understand.”
Dizzy frowned, the sting of rejection filling her body. She had been in town for a couple months already and felt even lonelier than before. “Is it because I’m black?”
“Yeah, no!” Taylor replied, he looked down her body. “You’re a very attracted woman and all but that’s the thing. I’m more attracted to the male body. I’m gay.”
“Oh.” Dizzy gasped, feeling embarrassed. She forced a smile on her face and then started to chuckle in amusement. There she was getting frustrated that Taylor didn’t find her attractive only to find out it was because he liked guys. It was her luck. “Well then, how about that dinner?”
[.....]
Scene Nine:
Cuttlebone Lake.
The Lakeside Inn. 
PhotobucketAidan jurado looked at his date. 
Her long locks of blonde hair dangled in front of her face as she smiled at him. “I’m glad that you agreed to come to the fundraiser today. I don’t really get much days off so I just figured I’d invite you here to enjoy your company while I worked.”
“Two kids, one stone.” Amanda gleamed.
“Birds?”
“Same thing.” The woman giggled as she peered out at the stage where Damien Crenshaw was giving his speech. They were behind the curtain, which seemed to be the only way that Aidan could get her into the Fundraiser without having to pay for a seat.
“I believe that in order to move forward we must accept that change is inevitable. This City was once a town that prospered on an old man’s concept. But Stone Creek is now a young and flourishing City. Change is in the air and with a reliable council we can make Stone Creek into an upstanding, futuristic and safe place to call a home.”
Aidan looked into Amanda’s beady little eyes and found his hand against her cheek. He felt her pull back at first, probably out of confusion. Then her face slipped into his palm perfectly.
“I’m really glad you invited me out here.” Amanda spoke, their eyes locked on each other. 
He smiled. “I am too.”
Their lips met just as the crowd clapped for Damien’s closing statement.
[.....]
Scene Ten:
Stone Creek Memorial Hospital.
Gail Schmidt’s Hospital Room.
“Good morning sleeping beauty.” Adrian whispered as Gail Schmidt woke up from her sleep. He watched as she looked around the hospital room and then ended her gaze on him. A smile erupted from her confused face and then she placed her hand on her stomach.
Photobucket
A look of panic as she pulled herself up from the bed. “What happened?”
“You’re fine.” Adrian calmed her, hugging his girlfriend. He got her to relax in her bed as tears began to fall down her face. “The baby is just fine Gail, you fainted at the Halloween party.” 
Gail lowered her head. “I don’t know what happened. I just felt so drained and exhausted and I couldn’t breath. Adrian, what happened to me and why do I feel like the baby is still in danger?”
There were no straight answers that he could give her without telling Gail the truth. Looking at her, he knew that the only thing he could do was telling her what was going on. Although they had discussed it before, while Gail was sleeping, he was never prepared to lie to her face.
“Are you going to tell me what’s going on?”
He shook his head. “Yeah, I’ll tell you. Do you want me to go get your father so he can be here in the room as well? David is really worried about you, we’ve both been here all night.”
“No.” Gail shook her head violently. “I need you to tell me now, don’t involve my father right now. I don’t think I can take anyone else being here right now. I just need you and our baby. Please tell me that we are going to have our child this time.”
“We will Gail.” Adrian promised, slipping his hand in hers. “We are going to be one big happy family and nothing is going to get in the way of that, alright? I will never let you feel this sort of pain again. I am going to take care of you everyday.”
She smiled, sadly. “What do we need to do?”
Just as Adrian was going to respond a knock at the door signaled the arrival of a guest. They looked at one another as Greta Wilkinson appeared from behind it. “I hope we’re not interrupting, Dr. Schmidt told us that we could come in and that Gail is going to be alright.”
Adrian nodded his head, walking over to Greta and greeting her with a hug. He did the same to Miles Fowler as the man walked in behind Greta. The trio stood around each other as Gail tried to sit up and wipe away her tears that formed.
A present appeared from behind Greta’s back. “I brought something for the two of you. It was supposed to be a housewarming gift but I just figured you might want it early.”
“Thank you so much,” Adrian began, taking the gift being offered. “It means a lot.”
“What is it?” Gail asked, trying to put on a brave face. Her boyfriend handed her the gift as they all gathered around her bed. Although she was excited to have some familiar faces around, the fact that she still didn’t know what exactly happened to her ate at her fears.
[.....]
Scene Eleven:
2634 W. Parker St., Stone Creek. Callahan Condo’s #8
Emily Roscoe’s Apartment.
PhotobucketLifting her glass of wine to her lips, Emily Roscoe smiled at her boyfriend on the other end of the table. The day they had was like one out of a fairy tale and Emily was sure to keep note of it. With a smile, she lowered her head and used her fork to secure her meal.
“I really liked today.” She spoke, she then chewed on her food.
Bentley smiled, excitedly. “Do you ever think about the future?”
“Like marriage and children?” Emily asked, eyeing him. She turned the fork over and took another bite giving her sometime to think about his question. There was a time that she did think about that. When she thought about all of it. But now she didn’t know. “Doesn’t everyone?”
He agreed. “I wasn’t asking everyone though.”
“I know.” She placed her fork down. “There was a time when I wanted to get married and have children. But like I said before I don’t know how I can move forward from my past. I don’t even think I can be a good role model. I can’t even face my fears of getting behind the wheel of a car.”
Bentley gulped down his beer and peered at her. “I think you’d make an excellent mother. I’ve seen what kind of person you are Emily and you are a strong woman. You are genuine and you care about others. People spend too much time worrying about why they wouldn’t make good parents and I think they should remember why they would.”
“So what are you saying?” Emily asked.
His eyes sparkled. “I’m saying that I want to show you that you will make an amazing mother one day.”
Placing her wine glass back down on the table, she nearly choked by his words. As ominous as they sounded, she had a feeling of where their conversation was going. Her suspicions were confirmed when Bentley Wilkinson rose from his seat and walked over to her. 
Bending down on one knee, he took her left hand in his and smiled. “There are few questions I’ve never had an answer for Emily. Before I met you I never even thought of those questions. I spent years of my life just partying and wasting my life and now I know why.”
Emily gasped, her eyes watering.
“I want to spend the rest of my life with you,” Bentley pulled out a box and opened it up to show Emily, “Will you do me the honor of being my wife Emily Roscoe?”
She placed a hand to her mouth as she tried to make sense of the situation. Her body told her to say yes and to spend the rest of her life with Bentley Wilkinson but her mind told her that she couldn’t love someone truly until she knew exactly who she was.
[.....]
Scene Twelve:
Cuttlebone Lake.
The Lakeside Inn. Room 120.
Natalie Marlowe pulled her shirt on with her back facing the bed.
Photobucket“Did you really want to talk about work or was that just an excuse.” Oliver Cuthbert asked as he laid naked on the bed. His body relaxed and open for another round with the woman who was rushing to get her naked body clothed and away from his sight.
She turned to Oliver. “Shut the fuck up.”
The man chuckled. “I love when you say those sweet words to me.”
Oliver watched as she walked around the bed and pushed her belt through the loops of her pants. “Listen to me Oliver, what happened between us. That doesn’t change anything at all. I still think that you are scum and I’d much rather you not tell anybody about it or-”
Her hand found it’s place on her lips as she looked disgustingly into the mirror by the bedside table. Natalie had forgotten how hideous her face still looked and found it even more nauseating seeing Oliver’s naked body behind her in the mirror.
“Put some clothes on.”
Oliver grumbled. “So what’s his name?”
Natalie narrowed her eyes. “You don’t get that information.”
“Fine then, I wont try to pry into your issues. Just so you know, which ever Lifetime Movie plot you are dangerously stumbling upon I would gladly be the man you take that sexual frustration out upon.” Oliver rose from the bed and pulled his boxer briefs on. 
“Fuck you.”
Oliver smirked. “I’m glad we’re on the same page.”
[.....]
Scene Thirteen:
Cuttlebone Lake.
The Lakeside Inn. Ballroom.
PhotobucketHelen Schmidt paraded around the room with a glass of champagne in her hand, she was always a supporter of fundraisers that gave out free things. Although the champagne was shit, she would suck it up and use a smile to keep the others entertained.
After her argument with David, she needed to slip away from the hospital and de-stress with the high society of Stone Creek. A night with them always made her feel better about herself. Then she spotted Patrick Sutton ending a conversation with a couple and decided to make her way to him.
“That was a good speech.” Helen stated, watching him turn away from the table he was standing by. He looked at her with a friendly smile. “Did you write it yourself or did you get help from the poorly paid?”
Patrick clanked champagne glasses with Helen. “You know me too well.”
“We do share a very vivid past Mr. Sutton.” Helen reminded him, her voice sultry and majestic as she visited the vibrant past that the two of them had shared once upon a time. Very few people knew about the brief affair they carried out a long time ago.
He was also the person who inspired Helen to start her own company when nobody else believed in her. Helen took a deep breath and smiled. “Do you remember how powerful we were back then? Before our children grew up and tried to challenge us with everything we’ve done?”
“What are you getting at Helen?” Patrick asked intrigued.
Helen shrugged, basking in Patrick’s attention. “Back when before I started fooling around with David. Which I am sorry for the way I left things with you. James would have never allowed me to keep my share of his money if he had found out that it was you I had been sleeping with.”
“You’ve always been self-preserving.” The champagne hit the back of Patrick’s throat as Helen watched him flashback to their past with a smile on his face. “I always admired that in you, so all is forgiven. How is your marriage going with David, by the way? Was he the better choice for your claws?”
“We’ve seen better days.” Helen admitted.
Patrick eye’d her suspiciously. “Why are you talking to me now?”
“I need a fresh start.” Her eyes enraged with elegance.
[.....]
Next Time, On Concrete Shelves
  • Emily contemplates the proposal.
  • Gail gets depressing news about her recovery.
  • Ian makes Marina fight for her job.
  • Natalie has to face the repercussions of Oliver...