Friday, February 11, 2011

The next exciting episode of On Concrete Shelves is online. Because of a trip out of town, episode 2.05 should be posted soemtime at the beginning of next week or it will be a week delayed. Once you've read the episode, go to our forums and leave your thoughts or even vote in one of our recent polls! I'd love to hear from everybody.

Photobucket

Read Excerpt Here:


If the coffee cup wasn’t a sign of a restless night, Dr. David Schmidt’s posture was a beckoning call. He sighed as he tried to make sense of his daughter’s pain when she had the miscarriage and how she must have been so scared.
“It’s five in the morning,” Helen made her way to the fridge. “Don’t you think you should be resting for your shift today? There’s not a doctor in Stone Creek like yourself, you know?”
David looked at his wife. “I’m fine, just had a lot on my mind.”

“Does this have anything to do with Gail and what she told you?” David shrugged. “Maybe you need to not focus on what happened to Gail but what you can do now. Besides it’s not your problem to worry about.”

“Sensitivity?”

Helen rolled her eyes, timidly watching David as he sat across from her. “You didn’t marry me because I was sensitive. You married me because I tell it like it is. Right now Gail needs the father of her child to help her sort through this mess. Not us barreling down her back.”