Friday, January 21, 2011

Photobucket

    “I feel safer now that we changed the locks.” Cassie Lakhani spoke, mainly to insure her own fears. She placed a broken vase on the counter and watched as Marina frowned. The vase was a present to Marina from Ryan Bauer.
    Turning away, Marina put her cereal bowl in the sink and turned the water on. “That’s the vase Ryan gave to me.”
    “I know.” Cassie replied, solemnly. She looked around the place, most of the house was cleaned up. There were a few things that needed work though. Cassie looked at Marina. “Have you talked to Ryan lately?”
    The youngest Thurlow shook her head. “I tried to get a hold of him when Greta told me that he left town. But his phone has been disconnected.” Marina dried off the rinsed bowl and put it in the dishwasher. “I wouldn’t blame him for leaving without saying goodbye.”
    “I think right now you need to focus on your family, anyways.” Cassie insisted. She caught Marina’s eye and knew her friend didn’t want to bring up the conversation so she changed the discussion around. “I can’t believe I’ve been pregnant for eight months already.”