Friday, January 18, 2013

The Season Four Premiere of On Concrete Shelves....

HowManyLights

To Listen to the Song this Episode is Based on, Click Here.

Read An Excerpt Here:
The months in Stone Creek had come to a crashing halt. It had been a very subtle Christmas for Cassie Lakhani and her immediate family; which now consisted of her brother -- Callum Lakhani, her son Lucian, and his father Clifton Briggs. What her relationship with Clifton was, Cassie couldn’t define it. But since nobody had really asked her about it, she had no problem just going with the flow of things and living her life by the day. Today would have been just another day to the young woman, her dark black hair flowed in the winter breeze as she stood outside the mansion that she had called her home for months now. How she could find the word to say goodbye to the brother she had just started to re-connect with, she wouldn’t be able to begin to explain so she stood there in front of him. Her mouth shut closed as tears began to fall from her eyes and her mind, as gentle as it was, began to search for a reason to keep him in Stone Creek. Any, if one at all. 

It was also true that her twin brother had come to Stone Creek under excruciating circumstances and the loss of life was no understatement. But it was their bond from childhood that brought a sense of comfort back to her otherwise chaotic life. She had no family in the bustling city. None other than her toddler son, Lucian. Cassie had friends, she had friends that she considered her family and if she needed someone to lean on, she knew she could count on Clifton to be there. It’s just that when Callum reappeared in her life he brought back the memories of her childhood that she had missed for so long.

“You can’t go.” Cassie spoke with urgency, she placed a hand on her brother’s arm. “I just got you back Callum -- there’s still so much that I want to tell you, that I want you to be here for... how can I return to just living here in Stone Creek without my twin brother?” She asked, shaking her head.

His eyes caught a hold of her’s and he frowned. “I’m glad that I finally found you again, Cassie. But I can’t stay here in Stone Creek... it was never my home to begin with, and what would I do here?”

“Spend time with me!” She pleaded, the breeze caught her skin and she shivered in spite. “Stone Creek might not be your home but you can make one here... just like I did when I moved here from Wolf’s Point. You can feel at home here. Don’t forget Callum, you still have myself and Lucian. You have family here and Clifton... I’m sure he wouldn’t mind you staying here. I’m sure of it!”

Callum chuckled, which caught Cassie off-guard. “Do you remember what I did to Clifton?”