Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Brilliant Dance

Previously on On Concrete Shelves
+ Emmet asks for his grandmother’s engagement ring.
+ Because of Kevin Saunders, Frank ended his affair with Lucy.
+ Damien Crenshaw admitted that his daughter with Caitlyn was alive.
+ A fight with Natalie exposed that Marina has feelings for Ian Kiefer...
[.....]
Photobucket
[.....]

Scene One: Lakeside Inn
    “Hey, how are you doing?” Ian Kiefer asked as he brought a box of kleenex to Marina Thurlow. Although she wanted to feel Ian’s touch once again, she couldn’t find it in herself to actually touch him.
    She felt disgusted, yet she felt relief. There was a part of her that wanted Natalie Marlowe to tell Ryan the truth. As much as she hated herself for being thankful that everything is ruined, she can’t help it.
    Ian finds a chair and sits next to Marina, since the mess with Damien Crenshaw and Gillian Sutton was cleaned up the guests were allowed back into the grand hall where the symphony resumed playing and the guests slowly returned to dancing.
    Marina looked up at Ian. “I deserve everything Ryan says to me.” 
    Her admitting what she was feeling made things feel so cold, so real. Wiping her tears she looked around the room. Her family was nowhere to be found, they had all seemed to beckon to Caitlyn Thurlow’s call.
    It wasn't something that Marina had minded too much, but it still left her a little sore. She looked back at Ian who was sitting there just looking at her. “Do you think I’m a bad person?”
    Ian smirked. “You know what I think Marina?”
    She motioned for him to continue.
    “I think you are a good person, I think we made a bad choice with the way we handled the situation. But I think what happened doesn’t define you as a bad person. I think it makes you a little more human.”
    Marina smiled, slipping her hand in Ian’s.
    His face turned red as he relaxed in her touch. It was something he had been waiting to feel again for a long time and Marina knew this. She can feel it as she leaned against him and watched as a well dressed man twirls his date.
----- ----- -----
    Caitlyn Thurlow had apologized to Kirsten about a million times by the time they had all entered the kitchen. Truth be told, Kirsten was waiting for the apologies for the last couple hours as she had been panicking from the turn of events.
    But right now, she kindly played it off. Digging a fork into the leftovers from the late night dinner she had fed her guests. Kirsten had wanted Charlie to hold her but since he had to tend to his sister, Gillian Sutton who was still upstairs in her suite, Kirsten made due with comfort food.
    “The night wasn’t a total loss.” James Thurlow offers as he enters the kitchen. “The guests still seem to be enjoying themselves Kirsten. I think you got your point across about the Inn.”
    “I hope.” She spoke with poison.
    It caused Caitlyn to wrap her shaw tighter around her body. Caitlyn moved closer to Diem Joplin who was catering to one of the chef’s. As Kirsten and James talked about the Founder’s Ball, Caitlyn knew it was her chance to ask Diem to find Danielle.
    Diem looked at Caitlyn with curiosity.
    “You knew I would come to you eventually.” Caitlyn spoke, her words flowed so close together it sounded like Caitlyn was reading a script. “I just don’t know if I want to bring it up in front of Kirsten and James.”
    Diem folded her arms. “You can’t keep it from James.”
    “I’m not, it’s just that right now Kirsten is angry at me for tonight’s events. If she knew that I was thinking of finding my daughter, she’d-”
    “Enough of that!” Diem warned. “You are not to blame for Damien Crenshaw appearing tonight. Kirsten is a bit of a drama queen and she get’s angry when things don’t go her way. Don’t let her bully you around.”
    Caitlyn knew Diem was right, truthfully she just didn’t want to create anymore waves in town. “I will tell James about the investigation tomorrow after everything get’s sorted out.”
    Although she knew it wasn’t exactly what she wanted to hear, Diem agreed. “Fine. I’ll help you find your daughter Caitlyn. Just know that it won’t be easy and we will probably hit a lot of dead ends if we go into this without Damien’s help.”
    “Are you saying we need Damien to find Danielle?”
    Diem’s face grew grim. “That’s exactly what I am saying. Do you think you can handle that? From what I saw out there this won’t be easy for you but if we want to find Danielle we need Damien.”
    Caitlyn took a deep gulp, how could she not think about using Damien to find Danielle? Caitlyn once made a vowel never to see Damien Crenshaw again and now that vow must be broken.
----- ----- -----
    Ryan Bauer was fuming, his fists clenched and he glared in the direction of Ian and Marina. They were making a fool of him but he knew he couldn’t do anything about it as he made a fool out of himself when he blew up earlier in front of the party guests.
    He watched as his friends made their way towards him, trying to soften up a little so they couldn’t be too concerned.
    “I think we need to get your mind in a better place?” Greta Wilkinson announced, she stood by Ryan’s side as he considered the offer. She looked at her brother Bentley Wilkinson in hopes that he could offer some encouragement.
    Bentley nodded and moved towards the two with a great idea. “How about a night of drinking by the docks?”
    Greta shot Bentley a look. “Ok Dawson’s Creek. That’s not going to happen.” Her folded arms told Bentley his idea was completely shut down. 
    Which got a chuckle out of Ryan. With all the drama of the night, a slight chuckle that reminded him that things would get better was all he really needed to wash him of the dreadful night. “I think I have a better idea.”
    Bentley shot up excited.
    But Greta seemed hesitant. “Do I have to remind you both that we aren’t teenagers anymore? Anything that could end up with my boyfriend handcuffing me is out of the question. Got it?”
    The two men burst into laughter as Greta shook her head in defeat. While Ryan told the two of his great idea, Bentley caught the eye of Emily Roscoe who was sitting alone as everyone was dancing around them.
    “Hey, I’ll catch up with you guys later?”
    Greta and Ryan looked over at Emily and acknowledged the situation. Waving Bentley off they scurried out of the grand hall, eager to make the night something better than it had become for the two of them.
    “Hey.” Bentley spoke as he stood over Emily Roscoe. The woman looked up at him with a clenched jaw, she didn’t look like she wanted to speak to him let alone be in the same room as Bentley.
    Bentley sat next to her. “I know we got off on a great foot, when we met at work through Lucy Hahn. I know that I also screwed everything up. But I really like you and I want to show you that, somehow I want to show you that.”
    Emily looked at Bentley and knew he was being sincere. “You stood me up.”
    Bentley shook his head. “I stood myself up.”





[.....]

Scene Two: Police Station
    Gideon Wilkinson looked at Damien Crenshaw deep and hard. This man seemed too well composed to do any of the crimes that Diem, Caitlyn and Patrick had accused him of. But Gideon knew that there was more to every story and the only way to start getting to the bottom of things was to find answers.
    “What’s your game?” Gideon questioned, standing across from the man.
    But Damien didn’t answer, instead he kept his mouth shut and looked away from Gideon. It was a classic move that Gideon was used too, especially when someone was waiting on their lawyer.
    “Talk to me Crenshaw, there are a hell of a lot of charges being pressed against you and I need to get to the bottom of this. We can sit here and wait for your lawyer, but I’m sure you are a very clever man. I’m sure you can get this mess taken care of without your lawyer.”
    Damien shot a look at Gideon. “You would like that, wouldn’t you? Hope that I say something that you can manipulate to make me look like a criminal.” A chuckled escaped his lips. “This is my bride-to-be’s hometown, we were coming down to tell her parents the great news.”
    “You knew Caitlyn Thurlow was living here.” Gideon spit, leaning closer to Damien in hopes to scare him into a confession. “Do you know what the charges are against you? Do you know how serious this situation is?”
    “That’s why I’m waiting for my lawyer Mr. Wilkinson.” Damien replied. “I would gladly tell you that I had no part in sending my ex-wife those packages. do you know how sick that is to taunt her with our supposed dead daughter’s pictures?”
    Then it clicked. Gideon felt the pit of his stomach lurch at the thought of Caitlyn Thurlow thinking her daughter was dead when in fact Danielle Crenshaw was alive and well. “Why would you lie to Caitlyn about her daughter?”
    Damien gulped. He was about to say something back to Gideon, something awful or mean. Anything to keep him from prying any further but his lawyer walked into the room.
    “I think you’ve said enough Chief Wilkinson. I would like a couple minutes with my client now and it would be up to your best interests to allow me that time since you’ve already started questioning my client without me present.”
    Bowing out Gideon glared at Damien, there was something the man wasn’t saying and he needed to figure it out.





---
Our love. Our fights. Our friendships.
On Concrete Shelves.
Forever, they shall be remembered.
---

Scene Three: The Lakeside Inn
    Kirsten Sutton settled down next to Iris Galloway, after having stressed out about the Founder’s Ball long enough Kirsten took to relaxing with the strongest drink at the bar.
    “It’s amazing.” Iris told Kirsten, talking about the ball.
    Kirsten shrugged. “Yeah, if you completely forget about the whole Crenshaw mishap and my sister’s petty fight with the mayors daughters. This place starts looking amazing.” They were words she didn’t mean to direct at Iris, but Kirsten couldn’t help it.
    After a pause, Kirsten looked back at Iris. “How’s my brother?”
    “He’s great.” Iris replied, disregarding Kirsten’s outburst. “I’m so glad I’ve gotten to know someone like Emmet. He has been nothing but a gentleman.”
    Kirsten nodded. “He get’s that from Alice.”
    Iris perked up. “Who?”
    But it had been a topic Kirsten would rather not talk about as she quickly shelved Iris’ ignorance to the statement. “The kid has a big heart. Emmet would walk into a burning building if it meant saving the woman that he loves.”
    Iris blushed. “I think he’d do that for just about anybody.”
    Kirsten took it into consideration and downed the last of her drink. “You’re probably right. Which means if you break my brother’s heart it would be total devastation for you. I would love to stay and chat Iris, but Emmet is coming this way and I smell smoke.”
    The chide reference to Emmet saving the woman that he loves from a burning building clogs up Iris’ mind as her boyfriend approaches. She knew what Kirsten said was true, Emmet would do anything for Iris.
    “Hey.” Emmet spoke, causing Iris to jump slightly in her seat. “You alright?”
    Quickly Iris nodded her current condition. Looking around to find that Kirsten had vanished onto the dance floor with her father James Thurlow, while his wife sat in the distance.
    Emmet turned to look at what Iris saw, a weary smile erupting on his face. “How was your talk with Kirsten? Anything I should be worried about?”
    Iris focused her attention back to Emmet and patted the seat next to hers. “It’s just a secret between two ladies, nothing of much significance. But you, what have you been doing? I’ve seem to have lost you for most of the night.”
    “Just family stuff, I guess.” Emmet responded.
    “It always is.” She quips, but quickly bites her tongue. “I’m just glad we can have a moment alone to enjoy tonight. Kirsten seems to be doing better now that this whole fiasco is over with.”
    “That’s Kirsten for you.” Emmet responded. “Once she is done having a little temper tantrum she likes to pretend that the bad things just don’t exist. You will see more of what I’m talking about when we-”
    Emmet quickly stops when he realizes that he never popped the question to Iris, therefore she had never accepted his proposal. Looking at Iris, he could see she was listening as she waits for him to continue.
    “When we visit more often for the holidays.”
    With arms folded Iris looked at Emmet. “That isn’t what you were going to say, I know you well enough to know that.” But Emmet shrugged it off. “Please tell me what you were going to say?”
    “The truth?” Emmet sighed.
    Iris nodded.
    “The truth is Iris, we have been together for two years now and I think we have really gotten to know one another. There have been times when I just wanted to walk away and there have been times when you wouldn’t talk to me.”
    Iris’ heart dropped. “Emmet.”
    But he stopped her from interfering. “I have to ask you this Iris. It’s the whole reason I wanted us to come to the Founder’s Ball in the first place. This is my heritage, a family tradition. It’s where my great grandfather asked Alice-”
    The mention of the name caused Iris to flashback to previous conversation. “I can’t.” She spoke, her words felt like daggers as they pierced Emmet’s words and beckoned for him to realize the truth. “I know what you are going to ask me Emmet, I’ve known for awhile now.”
    “Iris.”
    It was her turn to stop him. “Emmet, I have fallen for you to a point of no return. But there are so many thing you don’t know about me yet. Marriage, I don’t think I could do it, I’m not the type of girl you want to marry.”
    Stunned, Emmet fell back in his seat, trying to find the words to confront Iris with so that he didn’t seem desperate. “What kind of girl are you then?”
    Iris Galloway shook her head. “This isn’t the time or place for this discussion. I don’t know where this leaves us Emmet. Trust me when I tell you that I do love you, that has nothing to do with my decision.”
    “Then marry me.” Emmet pleads.
    A single tear streams down Iris’ face as she turns away. “This was a mistake, I should go home now.” When Emmet gets up to comfort her, she pushes him away. “I’ll get a taxi to our hotel. I’ll see you back home?”
    Emmet nods, completely shattered by Iris’ words.
----- ----- -----
    As soon as Gillian Sutton drifted off to sleep, Charlene Sutton slipped out of the room and into the ‘living room’ in their suite inside of the Lakeside Inn. It had been such a long night that when Kevin Saunders texted her asking if everything was okay, it nearly caused her to breakdown.
    “You okay mother?” Charlie Sutton asked, handing her a cup of water.
    Kindly, Charlene took it in hopes that Charlie had spiked her drink to her perfection. But after downing it she frowned. It had been plain water. She looked at the two men in the room and fell onto the couch.
    “What are we going to do?” She asked.
    Patrick Sutton grumbled. “We are going to sue that asshole for everything he has.”
    Charlie smirked, “I honestly don’t think Damien Crenshaw is worthy of being sued Patrick. Sinking to his level, creating another unnecessary feud? What the hell is up with everyone in this family?”
    “You shut your mouth!” Patrick warned, looking at Charlene. “This son of yours seems to get his moronic attitude from you! I will not drop this. Damien Crenshaw has harmed my daughter’s life.”
    Charlie shrugged. “Gillian says he saved her.”
    “I thought I told you to shut up?”
    “The both of you knock it off this instant!” Charlene shouted loud enough to even scare herself. She recollected herself as both men looked straight at her. “I think we need to stop fighting and approach this as a family. Gillian is sleeping in the next room and she claims to love this man.”
    “She’s being brainwashed.” 
    “That wouldn’t be the first time.” Charlie quipped.
    But Charlene sent him a look that made him bite his tongue. “We need respect Gillian’s wishes, she is a grown adult at this point and we have no grounds for bringing this case to the courts anyways.”
    “I could find something.” Patrick smugly responded.
    Charlene shook her head. She had faced this side of her husband many times before and knew his stubborn streak would only cause more harm. “You go against Damien and our daughter would never forgive you.”
    “She will.” Patrick scoffed.
     “I haven’t.” Charlie spoke, causing his father’s gaze upon him. “You think you can just bully everyone in this family to do what you want? Trust me Patrick, once you mess with love you can just forget about loyalties. I was right about you, Kirsten thinks you will change your mind but you wont!”
    “Charlie.” Charlene spoke, trying to calm her son down while at the same time agreeing with him. She brought Charlie’s gaze to meet her’s and silently pleaded with him to stop.
    “No!” Charlie broke away rivaling Patrick’s gaze. “Patrick Sutton doesn’t change. He just gets worse and worse until he self-implodes and hurts somebody. But it won’t be me this time. I will help you guys with Gillian but I stay out of your pathetic attempts to screw Damien Crenshaw.”
    “Very well then, maybe you should leave this room!” Patrick roared, it was a demand that Charlie was all too familiar with. “This conversation is for family only.”
    Keeping his emotions at bay, Charlie clenched his jaw. “Fine.”
    Kissing Charlene on the cheek, Charlie made his way to the door. “Oh, by the way. You should probably check-out by noon tomorrow and I’ll charge all the amenities to your count. I mean, since we aren’t family and all.”
    The door slammed and Charlene turned to Patrick. “You happy?” She spit and retreated back to her room with her daughter. The room where she felt the most vulnerable and the same room where she left her purse with her cellphone and a message from Kevin Saunders asking if she was alright.
----- ----- -----
    “Ah, just the man I was looking for.” Frank Nelson spoke, a smug-cocky tone mixed with the excessive amount of alcohol he had consumed over the course of the evening. His hand aggressively tugging Kevin Saunders to the side. “We need to talk.”
    Kevin chuckled at the seriousness of Frank’s command. “Not in this condition Nelson, maybe after you’ve had some fresh air we can chat about whatever insignificance this talk is about?”
    But Frank stepped in Kevin’s way.
    “Can it Nelson, I need to get back to my date.” Kevin spoke, motioning to the tall blond standing near the dance floor with two cups of champagne. “Now move.”
    Frank didn’t budge. “Please, do you expect me to believe that woman is your date? I mean even if she was your mind has been thinking about my sister all afternoon and I’ve come to put a stop to that.”
    “You don’t get to play this game right now.” Kevin seethed.
    The quickness in which Frank seemed to sober up was astonishing as he straightened himself up. “Leave Charlene alone Kevin. We both know that Patrick Sutton can take care of my sister in more ways than you can.”
    It angered Kevin that Frank Nelson only cared about money and it disgusted him even more that Frank thought Charlene was the same way. “This conversation is over Nelson. Now leave me alone.”
    “Not until you leave my sister alone.”
    At the moment of Frank’s polite outburst, Kevin’s phone chimed and caught Frank’s attention. “That’s amazing how great timing is.” The two wrestled for the phone, but Kevin proved the stronger of the two as he ripped it away from Frank’s paws before he could read it.
    “She just needs someone to cater to her right now Kevin. I know my sister and right now she is at odds with Patrick over Gillian. Charlene is only paying attention to you for one reason.”
    Kevin tucked his phone away and looked at Frank. “You know nothing!”
    With a smug smile, Frank spoke. “I know she will never divorce him.”
    Although Kevin wanted to argue with Frank, he knew that Frank was partially right. Slowly he turned away from the conversation and started to look for his date. Ignoring Charlene’s texts in the process.





[.....]

Scene Four: Cuttlebone Lake
    “I guess it’s a good thing my day has been such a bitch, now I can relax and enjoy the waves.” Natalie Marlowe spoke as she pranced towards her father’s houseboat. She knew that everyone was only using her for the boat but this was a way to get close to Ryan Bauer and she wasn’t going to miss it.
    Behind her, Greta Wilkinson walked along with her best friend Ryan Bauer. The two had a rich history that they hardly shared with anybody else. Slowly Greta leaned against Ryan. “I really wish that Miles was here.”
    Ryan smirked. “Your boyfriend is busy saving the day right now.” 
    “He asked me to move in with him.” Greta responded, her mind obviously stuck on Miles Fowler and his offer. “Bentley said it was a good idea.”
    He took the information in before bothering to reply. “What do you think?”
    “I think this is where everything gets real.” Greta admitted. “I mean everything before this was just preparation for when things became real. When emotions would start getting permanent and now I’m left evaluating how I really feel about him.”
    “Are you questioning your feelings for him?”
    Greta shook her head. “No. I know how I feel for Miles, that part is easy, I just don’t know if it’s enough to move in with him right now. I talked to Bentley about it but I don’t know if he understands where i’m coming from.”
    “Miles is a great guy Greta, either way I am sure he will understand where you are coming from.” Ryan replied.
    The two walked in each other’s comfort as they approached the boat. It was a magnificent boat, stretched along the side of the dock. Natalie appeared at the top of the boat, dangling her heels in one hand and a bottle of champagne in the other.
    “Are you guys getting on or what?” She shouted, looking at the last two guests staggering at then beginning of the dock behind Ryan and Greta. “I think we need to hurry the love birds up, I mean I wouldn’t mind leaving them, but they’re your friends.”
    Greta sighed and looked at Ryan, giving him a ‘you need to deal with her’ look and turned to see her brother talking to Emily Roscoe who had decided to join the group on their late night excursion. 
    “I’ll go get them, you make sure Natalie’s drunk ass doesn’t fall overboard.” She spoke, her words sharp and gritty. 





[.....]

Scene Five: Callahan Condos #15
    Cassie Lakhani answered the door and let Clifton Briggs inside, offering him a seat at one of the counter stools and a cup of coffee. It had been really late when she received his call about urgent business between the two and since she was carrying his child she figured she had to take it.
    Looking around she realized that she had felt safe around Clifton, the fear she had when they first met had since left her body. The comfort was settling in. “So what did you want to talk to me about?”
    Clifton took the coffee without hesitation and looked at Cassie, a smile on his face. “I had some of my guys look into what went on the night that we,” he stopped, looking for an easy way to say that they carried on a one-night stand, “the night we were drugged.”
    The discomfort in those words were evident in Cassie’s posture. This made Clifton want to retract the words, but he knew it was already too late. “They came up with a few leads but of course they were all dead-ends.”
    “Alright.” Cassie replied, still unaware of why Clifton would want to share this information with her since he said he didn’t want Cassie involved in the investigation. She stirred her coffee. “What does this all mean though?”
    Clifton looked up at Cassie. “There was one lead however that didn’t make sense, so I used a couple of my sources to tap into it. There is a woman around town that knows a little more than she is letting on.”
    This intrigued Cassie, so she beckoned Clifton to go further.
    “We need to find out who this woman really is, she goes by the name of Inez, but as of now we can’t get anything else on her.” Clifton continued, he stopped talking and realized he didn’t have much information to give Cassie.
    Cassie took the information in. So somebody was gunning for one of them, she knew she didn’t have much enemies so that only made the fact that someone was gunning for Clifton Briggs who dabbed in elicit business that much scarier to her.
    “Why now?” Cassie asked, breaking her thoughts.
    Clifton looked up at Cassie. “What?”
    With sigh Cassie straightened up her body from leaning against the counter. “Why would you bring me into this now? You told me you wanted me to just leave everything alone and now you are in my house talking about some Inez woman who drugged us? Why?”
    “Because if we don’t find Inez and stop her,” Clifton looked at Cassie’s stomach, every part of him wanting to touch her stomach, his child. He trailed back up to Cassie’s gaze. “If we don’t stop Inez she could come back and harm you or the baby.”





[.....]

Scene Six: Thurlow Cottage
    Sinking back into the home was the greatest feeling Caitlyn Thurlow had ever felt. It felt like a huge load was taken off her back as she slipped out of her evening gown and into a towel.
    Somewhere between the light shower and getting into bed she stopped herself at the bathroom mirror and just gazed at herself. This was the face of a woman who married a man. The face of a woman who lost a child. The face of a woman who got her life together. The face of a woman who watched as it crumbled down again.
    There was something crawling beneath her skin, itchy to get out. But she had fought so hard to keep it at bay for so long that she didn’t know how to release it. Caitlyn watched as she touched her skin, her body aging with this layer of defense.
    Before she could continue though, a body found itself behind her. Although it scared her at first she realized it belongs to James Thurlow and sunk into his embrace. Everything inside of her just wanted to open up to him.
    Turning to face James Thurlow she knew it was finally coming. Her whole life flashed before her eyes. The good times, the bad, the pain and the excitement of it all and then she finally let it out.
    What she had been keeping at bay for so long.
    Caitlyn Thurlow screamed. In her husband’s embrace, Caitlyn screamed at let the monster creep out of her skin. Then when she was done, when her anger at herself was all released. When she couldn’t feel anything else she leaned against James and let him take her to bed.





[.....]

Scene Seven: Callahan Condo’s Front Door
    “I can’t invite you inside.” Marina Thurlow decided, looking at Ian Kiefer she knew it was the wrong thing to do. “I would really love to invite you inside and just forget this whole night happened, but I can’t and I hope you understand that.”
    Ian nodded. “So, let me get this straight? I got betrayed by the one person I thought I could trust the most so that she could sleep with Ryan Bauer. I almost got punched in the face by your now ex-boyfriend. Spent the rest of the evening with the woman I had been wanting to kiss again for months and now that it is now,” He checked his watch, “Seven in the morning I can’t be invited in?”
    Marina nodded her head no. She feared that Ian would walk away from her in anger and never talk to her again. But she knew she needed this time alone to think about everything that happened. She needed to get everything in order and quite frankly, she needed to cry with her best friend.
    But then Ian smiled. “Well Marina Thurlow, if this is the biggest problem we have in our relationship, the fact that you can’t invite me in until you are ready to move on,” Ian motioned for Marina to hug him. “Then I s’pose that things are going great.”
    “You aren’t mad at me?” Marina asked, confused.
    He shook his head. “I want you to be happy Marina. If that means that we have to delay this part of our relationship for now than it doesn’t bother me. I know you went through a lot tonight.”
    “Thank you.” She spoke, kissing Ian on the lips. “I should get inside now.”
    “Alright.” He spoke. “Since I can’t go inside would it be weird of me to sit here on the steps and wait for you to come back out?”
     Marina chuckled. “I think maybe so.”
    Taking the information in, Ian smirked. “Call me when you are ready to see me, okay? I don’t care if it’s two weeks from now. I really do like you and I want to show you just how amazing I think you are.”
    As she began to walk away, Marina turned back to Ian. “I’ll call you soon Ian.”
    “I’ll be waiting.” He replied, waving her off.
    Ian knew that since the first moment he had met Marina in the park there was something about her that just drew him towards her. It wasn’t in the way that she spoke, although he liked that about her. Nor was it in the way that she walked, however graceful that was.
    He knew that when she asked him if she was a bad person she truly felt like she was. He could see it in her eyes that she had been pondering that question for months. As he watched her walk inside the condo complex he knew that he had to make her’s his.
    Ian had to show Marina that she was never a bad person, she was only human. Just like everybody else.





[.....]

Next Time on, On Concrete Shelves
  • Cassie and Marina talk about Ryan and Ian.
  • A meeting between Damien Crenshaw and Caitlyn is set.
  • David threatens Adrian to stay away from Gail.
  • While Gail ponders if she should tell David about Helen’s scheme...